On this episode, we have Alex Hillman from stackingthebricks.com. Alex is an expert in email lists and newsletters. We'll dive into some interesting topics such as the common misconceptions with email lists and a type of newsletter called evergreen newsletters, which is essentially a fully automated newsletter.
- You don't need a huge email list to start selling your products to it.
- Is the money meaningful or the feedback from your email list that there are people willing to buy products for you more meaningful?
- It's not about launch day sales, but the ability to continually sell to your email list.
- Having a product will only increase the rate of growth of your email list.
- Empires are built one subscriber at a time.
- One interesting idea on how to generate momentum for your product is with a pre-sale. But not just the standard way by blasting your email list, but by telling people to email you first.
- Encourage folks to reply to your newsletter when you're pre-selling your product or feeling out your audience to see if they'd be interested in purchasing. That extra step will really give you the needed feedback to know if you should go through with it.
- If you're automating your newsletter from the very beginning, you're probably making a few mistakes because you don't know if what you're automating actually works.
- Don't start thinking about automation until you have at least 12-24 evergreen newsletters written.
- There's nothing wrong with resending an evergreen newsletter from the past to your audience today. Your past subscribers have probably already forgotten about it and the newer subscribers would benefit from it being created since you know it was successful in the past.
- Great evergreen newsletter issues are valuable in the past, present, and future.
- Evergreen newsletters are scoped to the reader and all about the reader's experience. The reader doesn't care when it was sent, they just care how it's helping them today.
- If the newsletters you are writing were valuable to your subscribers at one point, then you can bet that they will be valuable to your subscribers at a later point.
- Why not reuse newsletters that were received well at the beginning of your newsletter journey to your audience that has grown hundreds or even thousands of more subscribers?
What is Newsletter Crew?
A podcast focused on helping you become a more successful newsletter creator. Every week we interview a newsletter creator and dive deep into their newsletter based business to extract actionable insights for our very own newsletters.