In this episode, Adam talks to Jonathan Reinink about Inertia.js, a new framework he recently released that lets you build single page applications with Vue, React, or Svelte, without having to give up the productivity benefits of traditional server-side development workflows using tools like Laravel or Rails.
- What Inertia.js is and what problem it solves
- Why Inertia is more like a protocol than a framework
- How navigation works in Inertia
- How form submissions work in Inertia
- How Inertia automatically updates your assets for visitors when you update your code
- Handling flash messages and validation errors work
- Building applications with persistent layouts
- Showing placeholder screens with Inertia while data is loading
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.