The thing with networking is if you’re uncomfortable doing it, then you’re doing it right because true connections are built outside your comfort zone.
Going over networking tips and strategies I wish I knew when I was starting out as a designer and creative professional, I discuss:
● Networking as an introvert
● How to use networking to grow your business and move your career development forward
● Why networking is as much about giving as it is about receiving
● What Subliminal Reciprocity is and how to use it to your advantage
● Making cross-functional connections and turning referrals into jobs
● Why networking is a numbers game
● The advice I wish I knew when I was starting out in my career
● How widening your network allows you to take on more diverse projects
●Why investing in networking by going to events is investing in your own success
● My experience of starting a mastermind group that propelled me so quickly in my growth and allowed me to widen my connections further
Mentioned in this episode:
My Brand Design Masters Facebook group: https://web.facebook.com/groups/branddesignmasters
My Brand Design Masters Guild: www.philipvandusen.com/mastermind
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed this episode of the podcast, head on over to the following links for more of my work and some valuable resources to get you started on your own branding initiatives. Until the next episode!
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
JOIN THE BRAND•MUSE NEWSLETTER:
JOIN THE BRAND DESIGN MASTERS FACEBOOK GROUP:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST:
LIKE MY AGENCY ON FACEBOOK:
Bring Your Own Laptop - Adobe Training with Daniel Scott
Discount Code: “PHILIP50”
The Brand Design Masters Podcast is targeted to entrepreneurs, designers, creative professionals and anyone interested in brand strategy, business planning, graphic design, personal branding, trends and marketing.
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.