In today’s episode, Mike and Eric talk us through the practicality and benefits of minimalism in our everyday life.
Key Topic Timestamps
- 01:20 - Minimalism vs. essentialism
- 03:05 - Meaning of Minimalism in Mike’s life
- 05:30 - Marie Kondo method of decluttering
- 24:00 - The burden of acquiring possessions
- 25:45 - Thoughtful purchasing
- 29:45 - Quality over quantity in purchasing
- 42:30 - Using “special occasion” items everyday
- 45:15 - Minimalism & receiving gifts
- 49:30 - Where to get started with minimalism
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
- The Paradox of Choice: Why More is Less by Barry Schwartz
- Goodbye, Things: The New Japanese Minimalism by Fumio Sasaki, Eriko Sugita (Translator)
What is The Wholistique Show?
On The Wholistique Show we explore how to reach peak personal and professional performance while living a minimal and balanced life.
No topic about the human body, brain, or the pursuit of achieving your best life is off-limits.The core focus of the show is empower you to make proactive choices about health, by providing holistic information and alternative viewpoints to mainstream thinking. With personal stories as well as conversations with wellness practitioners and experts who have unique or research-based perspectives on mental health and physical well-being.
We look forward to inspire and empower you to unleash your best, most authentic self.