Accountability -- what is it good for (in coaching)? Loads! Coaching is more than a check-list, homework, or an action plan -- it’s learning how you find your own way to be accountable for yourself.
- By the end of our time today, what would you like to have us achieve?
- What would you want to discover in this session that would be useful for you?
- How could we quantify this or make this measurable?
- What can I help you with between now and the next time we talk?
- What are you going to do next?
- What changes are you making from what you’ve learned today?
- What would have allowed you to take action?
- What can help you move forward?
- What was holding you back?
- What prevented you from taking the next step?
- What did you learn from not doing?
- What are the small steps to get there?
- Accountability is unique to each client -- let them decide next steps
- Give your clients the questions you asked where they said “I don’t know.”
- Offer the recordings for clients to listen back
- Your success as a coach does not depend on your client’s accountability or follow-through
- Bottom line: Encourage your clients to show up to do the work with you, the coach. That is what it is all about!
- Follow the pod on Twitter: @CoachingThruIt & Instagram: @CoachingThruIt
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Connect to the hosts: @laurapasquini & @julieclarsen
What is Coaching Through It?
Welcome to the Coaching Through It podcast.
Your hosts/coaches, Julie Larsen & Laura Pasquini bring their perspectives & insights to their own coaching practice.
Listen, share, & subscribe!