Marion Freeman: Mister Chisholm wishes me to inform you that the actions in the issue of the Spanish land rights in the southern Rio Grande Valley are starting to move apace, and you should shortly expect a territorial surveyor, mister Samuel Crosby, to arrive in Granada Springs.
Jimmy Harlesden: So we could go and have a word. Well, we could go and have a word and say, look. Here's a heads up. This is Mhmm. This is potentially we've heard being added to the grant, and we'll assume that you'll make a claim there. We'll not make a claim and we'll support your claim on the understanding that we would then have free access to that. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: I can see that.
Jimmy Harlesden: Or do we just make a claim on our own?
Dave (GM): The town hasn't had a lawman, hasn't had a sheriff.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. And this small town doesn't need a sheriff. But, you know, if there's a gunfight in the high street every fucking week
Dave (GM): Are you saying my scenario is getting boring or unpredictable? I quite enjoy gunfights. So sorry. But he he reaches over and says takes the badge off you and says, well, welcome. And he's pins it onto you. Welcome, sheriff Hockcock. I'm Dave. I am the GM and co designer of Tales of the Old West.
Marion Freeman: I am the other co designer of Tales of the Old West, and my name is Matthew. I'm also playing in this actual play, Marion Freeman.
Nathaniel Horcock: My name's Andrew. I play Nathaniel Hawcock.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm Tony. I'm playing Jimmy Harston. K. Maybe, you know, you're the sheriff now. Yes. I know.
Dave (GM): In the conversation. So he did see he did seem very businesslike.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. And
Dave (GM): he's literally just ridden into town. So he's obviously come off a long ride. Yeah. He's immediately gone to
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. That's
Jimmy Harlesden: true. As
Nathaniel Horcock: a trainer,
Jimmy Harlesden: it's perfectly legitimate for you to go and
Nathaniel Horcock: ask what's, what's, what
Jimmy Harlesden: business
Dave (GM): is. Yeah. You where did you have
Jimmy Harlesden: to do some love work? Yeah. I'm gonna sit in the pub with a nice batch.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. I know. Disgusting. And I thought I was on the easy street all of a sudden. I suppose I'm down the I suppose we'll we'll do that. Because I'll finish the week ago. I've had I'll walk back up to, right. You said you're going to Rayburn's house, didn't you?
Jimmy Harlesden: Rayburn and Quito house, he asked for the, Yeah.
Dave (GM): Directions too.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. I suppose I better sigh, we'd walk back. Immediately got worked
Jimmy Harlesden: in it,
Nathaniel Horcock: didn't you? We'll walk back out.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): And what are you doing today? Tay?
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm staying in the Truss Hotel. I'm basically watching and hope that Crosby will come downstairs so I could Right. Introduce myself to him. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. He's only just gone upstairs. Yeah. Okay. Yes. So you come out. Him up
Jimmy Harlesden: and Sorry? Stalk him. I won't follow him up. I'll wait then Okay. And see if he comes back down.
Dave (GM): As you come out, you can see that the deputy is is stood on the street. Rayburn has stood up. His 2 his 2 men Mhmm. The deputy's 2 men that are with him, are a couple of steps down. So Mhmm. Respectful distance. And you can see that Graeburn's good mood of before has disappeared, has completely gone. He looks upset and angry, but you can't hear what he's saying for where you are.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Well, Karen walked in. This was supposed to be sad again. Walk Karen walking.
Dave (GM): Okay. As you get closer, you can see that that Rayburn is kind of seeding. Alright. Oh, joy. And he's, Yeah. It's it's it's it's it's it's it's like it's like grief and anger all at the same time. But he's he's all the looks like he's fit to burst. And, the deputy, says, yeah, I'm, I'm sorry to bring you this this information, this news, mister Rayburn. But but it's it's it's good news that we can can find the real the real killer of your of your son and your friend.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Well, can I say what? Good. What's good morning, gentlemen. What's anything I may help with?
Dave (GM): Rayburn sees you and says, there have been developments in the investigation into the murder of my son. Oh. And it seems that he wasn't killed by the kind of gang. There is evidence there's eyewitness evidence that he was killed by someone else. And he's he's he looks like he wants to shoot someone or smash that thing. And the deputy kinda looks and says, yeah. Good good day, sir, sheriff. I'm I'm deputy, Rufus Malcolm. I'm I'm here from from Fort Craig.
Nathaniel Horcock: Good good day, return of comments. So, so
Dave (GM): so
Nathaniel Horcock: who do they so who do you what is the accusation then towards who or what earlier?
Dave (GM): Well, we've we we we we we did some good work and we we captured one of the Kyla gang.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): Good. Lola Kyla, she's now in prison in Fort Craig. We also I should we're
Jimmy Harlesden: on your show. I shouldn't tell
Dave (GM): you this before I speak to the family, but we found, the bodies of Dimas Paquito and, Milagro Vicenta. Yeah. Come dead. They've been they've been murdered, had their throats cut. They lost their to anybody else because I'm here to to break this news to to to the Pequito family. We have an eyewitness, Lola Kyla, saying that she saw one of mister Chisholm's men murdering these people, and that he was responsible for the murders of Eugene Rayburn and Ardagh Gilchrist. And, naturally, I've come to to pass that information on to the to the families here and bring the the very sad news that that Dimas Paquito and, mister Vicente are both are both dead.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): And, you can see that this, you know, Rayburn has got kind of tears coming down its face to these guys.
Jimmy Harlesden: Chisholm. Chisholm. Fucking Chisholm. I'm gonna kill everyone. Every man in the Chisholm's era back, but I'm gonna kill them all.
Dave (GM): And he's absolutely he goes
Marion Freeman: in the house.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. The door slams, and you can hear him shouting. And you can hear his wife trying to calm him down, and you can hear her crying.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And, and deputy Malcolm goes, well, that didn't go as well,
Nathaniel Horcock: so I hope. No. Maybe not the best.
Dave (GM): But, yeah, we're holding we're holding Lola Kyla, for Craig, on charges of banditry and suspicion in, you know, various murders.
Nathaniel Horcock: You you don't think she may be just lying to help? Take this, you know?
Dave (GM): She has she has admitted the Carla gang's involvement in the murder of the, the Seapert family on the trail. Mhmm. So she's she's looking to hang anyway. So I don't think there's I'm not sure what would be it
Nathaniel Horcock: for her. Cause trouble for Chisholm or maybe they've been playing in the Chisholm?
Dave (GM): But her her account of of, you know, the murders of of Nikita and, Vicenta. Mhmm. It's it's consistent with what we found, But, I I I need to go and speak to the Paquita Yeah. The Sabreburn Okay. Before the news gets out. Excuse me, Jarrod.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. The doors. Yeah. And he and
Dave (GM): his men go off, and they go up to up over the river and up to the there you go. Up up the ridge to to the Vicite house.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm suddenly okay.
Dave (GM): Tone. In the bar, you see what looks like a rather underwhelming man, the same guy that you saw come in, who claimed he was Crosby, coming downstairs. He's kinda holding his his hat, looking a little bit, not lost, but a bit out of place. And he then comes through into the bar and orders some food and
Jimmy Harlesden: okay. Otherwise, he comes in and I'll attract his attention. Okay. Also, was it, is it mister Crosby that I hear?
Dave (GM): Yes. Yes. Do you want
Jimmy Harlesden: me to buy you a drink and introduce myself?
Dave (GM): That will be that will be very, very, very, can't think of the right word, but I'd be very kind of you, stranger. I, Yeah. I'm I'm I'm Samuel Crosby.
Jimmy Harlesden: And who I'm Jimmy Jimmy Halston.
Dave (GM): Pleasure to meet you, mister Halston.
Jimmy Harlesden: Myself and my colleague, do some work representing mister Chisholm in this area. Do I take it are you the territorial surveyor that's come to look at the
Nathaniel Horcock: I am.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yes. Yeah. Mister Chisholm has been in touch with us.
Dave (GM): No. I know.
Jimmy Harlesden: Asking us to extend any assistance to you that you require. So so that I'm pleased to meet you, and we're at your service.
Dave (GM): Well, that's okay. That's very kind. Andy, what do you do?
Nathaniel Horcock: I think what's the bar was what what was the other one? I don't know. It was the
Marion Freeman: The blessings? The blessings there?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. I'm going to the blessings.
Dave (GM): The one that's next door to the house?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: I think I'm going Okay. Yeah. They have breakfast there. Whiskey or whatever you want there And sit and think, I think.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. That was because I doubt the the death is gone for the kiddo's house, don't they?
Dave (GM): Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah? Yeah. Are they in? Are they
Dave (GM): Yes. He's been invited in, so he's got into their house. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I must be watching their house. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. Tone, as you're talking to mister Crosby, who's who's not a completely fish out of water, but, you know, he's not the most rugged trails man that you'd expect. But, you know, his job is to survey territory. You can hear a noise from in the from outside, from from in the in the the square. And it sounds like you can hear Rayburn go on Rayburn's voice and he's shouting, Chisholm. Chisholm has killed my boy. Chisholm, that bastard. And you can hear people a little bit of a crowd gathering as he's shouting about Chisholm's men having killed his boy.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, bollocks. I'll never
Dave (GM): be back in a minute. But, yeah, Crosby carries on and he says, yeah, well, I I I I need to arrange a little meeting, for the town to explain, who I am and why I'm here and what I'm doing. I'm not sure what's the best way of of getting the message out to the right people or where where I should hold to that meeting. Is there is there a saloon that, that's that's respectable that
Jimmy Harlesden: well, I've been around respectable, but there's several saloons in town.
Dave (GM): Somewhere somewhere I could use a use a room to to bring everyone together and to explain explain what I'm here for and what's what's gonna happen.
Jimmy Harlesden: So what I know I mean, any of the would any of the saloons have a suitable
Dave (GM): Yeah. I mean, pretty much any of the
Jimmy Harlesden: saloons have a suitable for that. So, yeah, that one is, see, there's this hotel here, but there's a kind of few other saloons around town. So anything would be Okay. Well, I'll I'll Blessings is probably the closest to the middle of town. Might be the most convenient there. Okay. Well,
Dave (GM): I'll I'll spend some of today. Obviously, I'm very tired after the trail, so I'm not gonna call you much today, but I'll spend the day looking around town and pick a place. But, yes. Very very pleased. How can I how can I find you when I when I need your help?
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, we're in a run up branch just out of town.
Dave (GM): Do I send Indian smoke signals or something? Or he thinks it's a very funny joke.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. You're obviously a very experienced, salesman, mister Crosby. That would probably work. Otherwise, we can we can send someone in town on a daily basis to get in touch with you and make sure that we can arrange anything that we can help you with.
Dave (GM): Excellent. That sounds
Jimmy Harlesden: that sounds very
Dave (GM): very agreeable. Yeah. I'm gonna be staying here. So, yeah, you can find me here or I won't be far away. Maybe one of the other saloons. If one's particularly nice, I might spend a bit more time there than I ever
Nathaniel Horcock: So I was
Jimmy Harlesden: almost you you
Dave (GM): Okay. After after a few minutes Yeah. And you're in the bar, you you do see from the from the window, the door to Paquito's place opens
Marion Freeman: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And Augustine comes out with Right. A number of other people. You recognize her eldest son, Berta, her eldest daughter, Rosalia.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): The deputy is following them. They are marching again very purposefully back down towards town.
Nathaniel Horcock: Where are they getting just down the town? Or
Dave (GM): if you're watching Yeah. They I mean, it's not that far. I mean, they they basically marched down into the into the square, and they're obviously looking for Rayburn.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Dave (GM): And Rayburn is in the town. It's kind of outside the trails.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Dave (GM): And you can see them go up to go up to Rayburn. Oh, god. They're talking.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): K. Let's cut for a moment. Yeah. Matthew.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay.
Dave (GM): You're riding out.
Marion Freeman: I'm riding on lunch. And in fact, I have a I'm
Nathaniel Horcock: getting a result. Okay. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: The question I have to ask is Sorry. It's too hard. I have
Jimmy Harlesden: one of the
Dave (GM): have the
Nathaniel Horcock: back here.
Dave (GM): But I've
Marion Freeman: I've got on the back of my account sheet the note, love blossoms.
Dave (GM): Yeah. That was from the end turn of season rolls last time. Alright. So it may be or may not happen in this scenario, or at some point, it's a it's a because it's the end of turn of season thing. Alright. Okay. Then
Marion Freeman: Yeah. So I'm just It's up
Dave (GM): to you.
Marion Freeman: I'm just wondering. You you dropped a hint about young, what's her name, McGinn?
Dave (GM): Grainne McGinn. McGinn. Yes. She's a very, very
Marion Freeman: And I know. Young lady. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: You know,
Marion Freeman: I've been very gentle.
Dave (GM): So maybe you are getting a little bit of, you know Do
Marion Freeman: I think I'm getting a bit of this is one of the things I'm thinking about
Dave (GM): in Monster of mine. Yeah. Yeah. You definitely Yeah. She's she's a bit she's a bit of a I'd say a bit of a flirt, but I mean, she's she's flirted with you a little bit.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. She's But she's married to? She's married to
Dave (GM): to Brodie Goodish, who is 20 something years older
Marion Freeman: than she is.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. He's rumored to be quite unwell, isn't he?
Dave (GM): He was rumored to be very unwell.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): She doesn't seem she just seems to be coping with the illness of her husband in a in a very cheerful way. And, yeah, she's always been Okay. Yeah. She's always been very
Marion Freeman: So this one, I'm also
Dave (GM): attentive to this one.
Marion Freeman: So I'm I'm following out along the extent of our range as it stands at the moment. Yep. I'm following out along the line of parallel that would that would indicate my projected border for our claim if we were to put claim in.
Dave (GM): We're heading east, is it where is that?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. So it's sort of straight east from where we're going. Run west. If you like west, along alongside the border between us and effectively the Pekinta land. Yeah. Got the claim that I'm expected. I'm looking out for local landmarks and stuff like that. Stuff that may help define the border if we're looking at that and then of course I'm cutting up towards the, the crack, the crack, the gap.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. Make a make a nature roll then.
Marion Freeman: Nature, that's one of my specialist rolls I think you'll find.
Dave (GM): But I think you've probably ridden here. I only
Jimmy Harlesden: have few times. A few times.
Dave (GM): I don't think this is, I don't think this is, you know, virgin territory for you. I'm sure you've ridden out here. Right. Bringing your herd back and stuff.
Marion Freeman: Okay. Yeah. Get
Dave (GM): get a bonus die.
Marion Freeman: A bonus die.
Dave (GM): Remember, 5 of the dice is trouble dice.
Marion Freeman: Sorry? All 5 of the dice of trouble dice? Yeah. Yeah. Well, I'm only going forward.
Dave (GM): Okay. Just
Marion Freeman: because that's all I have on this one. But I get one success.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. So I think you you do a decent job. Yeah. I mean, it's a it's a it's a it's a it's a flat plane, but it does have little dips and stuff in it. So, yeah, I think you've you've you can you've surveyed it, and you've got some
Marion Freeman: And what's the the quality of land this close to the river? Is it is it richer soil?
Dave (GM): It's pretty good. Yeah. So largely, the land around certainly on this side of the the Rio Grande is is pretty fertile.
Marion Freeman: So effectively grassy and good pasture for them.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Absolutely.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Stuff like that.
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Okay. And heading up towards,
Dave (GM): Coyote's gap.
Marion Freeman: Coyote gap.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yep. You can do that. Make a make a hawk eye roll for
Jimmy Harlesden: me. A
Marion Freeman: hawk eye roll. I do have same again with 4 dice.
Dave (GM): And this is unit you're now going up alongside the river.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: So that's not good. But I guess I could push it for a faith
Dave (GM): point. Faith.
Marion Freeman: Which since I'm out here for a ride.
Dave (GM): You talked to There's no one
Marion Freeman: no ones? No ones. Rubberized over somebody there. 2 successes. Still no ones.
Dave (GM): Okay. Cool. Like that. And I might get that. Trouble and criticals. Just in case. Yeah. So riding along, it's interesting because you can see that although there aren't any herds here at the moment
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): There are definitely recent signs of herds being managed here. Mhmm. Cattle herds. So someone is already kind of making use of the land. Yeah. Even though, obviously, they're not they've not got the rights, to do that.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. My horses, by the way, it's something like we fence our horses in.
Dave (GM): No. No. Exactly. But this is this is quite a long way. This is many miles from anyone's
Marion Freeman: Roughly 22 miles. 15 miles from what the Quinto caught back there.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): So it's quite a long way. But, yeah, definitely, there have been hurts here in the last week or 2.
Marion Freeman: And the piquintos herd cattle, don't they?
Dave (GM): Yes. Yeah. Yeah. Keto's, yourselves. Oh, your horse troves as well as aren't you? Yeah. The McGinn's, and then you've got a couple of smaller outfits. There's a tape family and a cool. Beck and
Marion Freeman: the tape family. Before I ask your success, can I see a general direction of movement in in the tracks? Are are they heading straight back, east of the Kinto Ranch? Are they heading north, south? Across the
Dave (GM): Extra success? I think you you reckon they're kinda heading more northeasterly rather than easterly.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. Back towards?
Dave (GM): Back more in the direction of them again. Which is range. Yep.
Marion Freeman: Cool. Well, be no problem. Once we meet missus McKinsey tomorrow and tell her that we're like that the Chisholm's, we'll be
Nathaniel Horcock: fucked. I'm just all in.
Marion Freeman: I'm feeling kinda good about this as I head back. Yep.
Dave (GM): Are you going across the crossing?
Jimmy Harlesden: The
Dave (GM): crossing or it does require a roll.
Marion Freeman: It does require a roll. And that roll would be an animal handling.
Dave (GM): Handling if you're going off.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Let's do that. Got 5 in handle handling. I will now replace it with 5 trebles.
Dave (GM): So so this is the only place on the the southern rear brand new you can afford the rear brand new. It's still it's not easy, but it
Marion Freeman: is affordable. I'm going carefully. Yeah. That's fine.
Jimmy Harlesden: You're gonna die crossing the forward.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Two successes.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So I pardon me. No. I mean, the river is is still quite it's got there's a lot of water coming through. But, obviously, it's widened here, which is why it's more affordable. Two successes you manage at your horse is quite happy. Mhmm. But there, you can definitely feel the current of the water. Cool. This time of year, it's probably not at its lowest, but it gets higher in the spring. Obviously, with the
Marion Freeman: So there'll
Dave (GM): be winter thaws and stuff.
Marion Freeman: There would be, I I guess, a kind of seasonal nature if we were to pasture any form of cattle
Dave (GM): on either side of
Marion Freeman: the river. There may be only
Dave (GM): Well, in general, it's always affordable. Yeah. But obviously, if there's bad rains or something Yeah. Then then it can become much more challenging to get across.
Marion Freeman: Which would be winter, spring. Yeah. And that might be a herd stuck over the other side. Yeah. For some season.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I mean, fording rivers traditionally, particularly the big ones, is a challenge all in the wild west. It's it's not something that Keeping them out
Marion Freeman: for those snakes that they had in Lonesome Tavern.
Dave (GM): Exactly. They're Yeah. The cotton mouths.
Jimmy Harlesden: Completely large. Liggly snakes are hanging on
Dave (GM): that swing snake snakes. The unliggy snakes. The unliggy snakes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Unliggly snakes. Cotton mouths, which
Dave (GM): are basically relatives of the rat snake, and they're very dangerous. Particularly, if you fall into a nest of them.
Nathaniel Horcock: Which one would
Dave (GM): be Cool.
Marion Freeman: But if you'd roll into trouble, then that would
Dave (GM): If you're in bad enough trouble, then it could be in serious deep trouble.
Marion Freeman: Right. So I think I'll head back now.
Dave (GM): K. I won't make you make another rolls come back because your second success is more than enough.
Marion Freeman: So that's another quarter day, out in the countryside during my ride. In fact, now, really, I'm not working out.
Dave (GM): But it's kind
Marion Freeman: of a
Dave (GM): point a scenario. You've had your point. Yeah. So you've seen
Nathaniel Horcock: Seen. Yeah. I've I've started again. I think I'm bloody hell.
Dave (GM): And, Tom, you can hear a increasing
Jimmy Harlesden: disturbance. I'm thinking, oh, this sounds bad. Because obviously, you heard the name chismill.
Dave (GM): And you
Nathaniel Horcock: shouted. Yeah. Yes. And I was just
Jimmy Harlesden: This doesn't sound good. Great. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And you can hear, you know, people say yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: And I'm coming out
Dave (GM): The the guys were killed by Chisholm. Chisholm's killed the Pequito boy.
Nathaniel Horcock: What? I'm coming out of saying they're saying Chisholm's killed the Pequito boys as well.
Dave (GM): That's what the sheriff from from Fort Craig has said.
Marion Freeman: I thought
Dave (GM): Chisholm Chisholm himself, I'm sure, didn't do it, but Chisholm's men did. And it's got a lot of anger. So you obviously, you know, friends and family of of the keto from the Rayburner. Is the dipstick there? Yeah. He's standing to one side because he's delivered his message now.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I'm hearing that they're now accusing choosing now being accused of the as well, and he's told me that the Kyla girl admitted the Kyla gang did it.
Dave (GM): No. And she admitted that they killed the.
Jimmy Harlesden: Which is the family, the German Oh,
Nathaniel Horcock: right. I'm sorry.
Dave (GM): You what they found in the wagon.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Yeah. Alright.
Dave (GM): So she says he said, yeah. Well, she says she saw she witnessed Paquito and pretend to be murdered by one of Chisholm's men.
Nathaniel Horcock: A lot. And they saw she was sure she she's also saying that Chisholm's men killed Rayburn's son as well. And that was the original basically, the thing he told me was it's so I'm not gonna I can't get angry and stuff.
Dave (GM): No. This is
Jimmy Harlesden: what he said.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And just remind me out of game time. Yep. I think he killed Rayburn's son.
Dave (GM): You Yeah. Your I know. Your strong suspicion is that Cody Picker, one of Chisholm's men, killed
Marion Freeman: But only because they were hunting him down to kill him.
Jimmy Harlesden: They were
Dave (GM): hunting him down to kill him, but also you found Pickers horse dead.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. And
Dave (GM): the scene where they were killed.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. But so but but as again, he he only killed them in self defenses. It's what I believe because they and the pikintos were out trying to make sure he didn't get
Dave (GM): They were out stopping taking the package back to
Jimmy Harlesden: Chisholm. Yeah. From the beginning.
Marion Freeman: Alright. Not I need to worry about that at all. I'm just having a lovely ride in the country. Relishing our new relationship with mister Chisholm and the fact that my friend is likely to be sheriff in the town. What could be better?
Dave (GM): Yeah. You got your big t shirt and say, I love Chisholm. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I was thinking we should get maybe Chisholm badges going over
Nathaniel Horcock: that. Well, I suppose I'm gonna well
Marion Freeman: Chisholm tattoo, maybe.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. One with chism across your knuckles there and then love, chism across your knuckles. No.
Marion Freeman: I think it'll be chism
Nathaniel Horcock: Now I'm gonna go up to I'm gonna say it, Devon. I'm gonna say thank you very much.
Dave (GM): Are you being sarcastic?
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm being sarcastic. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And you're not trying to hide you're being sarcastic?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I'm not trying to hide any sarcastic.
Jimmy Harlesden: You. No.
Dave (GM): I'm just doing my duty.
Nathaniel Horcock: What you've done is caused me about being part of shite to sort it out now.
Dave (GM): Well, yeah, as sheriff of this town, then you want then you want justice? Do you want truth? Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: I want justice, but I don't want people to smell me off just ranting right here. I'm not a fucking, Never mind. I just don't know. I don't wanna go walking off to where she's in the way.
Dave (GM): You've added this guy.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And he he and he doesn't let you walk across your shoulder and pulls you back. And says, we found the bodies of 2 of these people, and we had to come here and tell them that their sons were dead.
Nathaniel Horcock: You could've done a bit more diplomacy, didn't you?
Dave (GM): How well, how?
Marion Freeman: Hold on. I dealt with the bodies of Rayburn, the son and
Dave (GM): Yeah. But they found the other 2.
Marion Freeman: They found so they found
Dave (GM): the other 2. Miss Paquito.
Marion Freeman: Is is this sheriff is this deputy sorry. I'm just filling in the gaps. Sorry. We we delivered those bodies to the sheriff in
Dave (GM): whatever town. So you you were scourters. Yeah. You were in Albuquerque. Yeah. They were killed outside Albuquerque. Yeah. But it's taken into Albuquerque. Yeah. And then you had the body to back. Back to United States, they've been buried. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: And
Dave (GM): that was donut that was not donut bin. That was Eugene Rayburn.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): And
Nathaniel Horcock: So they Oh, Gilbert. So I wouldn't know I wouldn't know any of this anyway because you have a product. Well, I
Dave (GM): yeah. You'll know definitely that they came back and
Marion Freeman: They came back with it, but but I had
Dave (GM): one suspected it was the Kylie gang that killed.
Marion Freeman: And I have not disputed the notion that it
Dave (GM): was the Kylie gang. Yeah. The other 2 who are missing Mhmm. Dealers Paquito and Malagro Pretenta have now been found with their throats cut.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And Lola Kyla, who's in custody in Fort Craig, has said she witnessed them being murdered by one of Picker's men on the trail.
Marion Freeman: But she hasn't witnessed them him murdering rape.
Dave (GM): No. She didn't say that, but she said that, yeah, the the talk is that
Marion Freeman: because I
Dave (GM): think this man killed all
Marion Freeman: of them. If I'm remembering rightly, and I'm being entirely wrong here, was I not being held up by her and her compatriots at the time when, roughly that Pika was murdering or was
Dave (GM): Probably a couple of days earlier. Yeah. That was earlier on the trial and all
Marion Freeman: of it was. I'm not her alibi.
Dave (GM): If you wanted to be her alibi, no. You're not.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. I'd say, look. This town is suffering. How do I put it? Quite a few growing pains, shall we see, Elizabeth?
Dave (GM): Well, what did you expect me to do? I mean,
Marion Freeman: how did you expect me to do?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Well, yeah. You've done your job, and let me do mine. So I tell you And what's stopping you doing your job? You came
Jimmy Harlesden: up to me and started shouting
Marion Freeman: at me.
Nathaniel Horcock: I tell you, all I said was thank you very much I shout. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: But you did say it sarcastically even though you heard it. And I was gonna be
Jimmy Harlesden: 5 miles away.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I didn't shout. I just said very early.
Dave (GM): The welcome of this town is, is is got is got something to beat.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I've said it's got growing pains at the moment.
Dave (GM): I'm trying not to go. Hey. Don't we all? Yeah. It's a tough life living out here in New Mexico. I'm sorry for these people.
Marion Freeman: Sorry. Again, story wise, and I'm now I'm not here. This deputy is a deputy of the sheriff in Albuquerque.
Dave (GM): In Fort Craig. Fort
Marion Freeman: Craig. Alright.
Dave (GM): So I
Marion Freeman: don't know I don't I don't know him.
Jimmy Harlesden: You haven't
Dave (GM): met this guy, so I know none of you have yet. Okay. But, basically, she was apprehended for Fort Craig. Fort Craig is basically the first town to your north, like, 40 miles away or something.
Marion Freeman: Okay.
Dave (GM): Yeah. This isn't the one from Albuquerque. It's just like I've done I've done what I've been told.
Nathaniel Horcock: Not bad. Yeah. I've done
Dave (GM): my duty. My sheriff will be pleased with what I've done. I feel sorry for your deputies, and he turns away and walks away.
Nathaniel Horcock: Deputy all that.
Marion Freeman: So how
Dave (GM): long you've been showing?
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I've set some of those already, ain't you?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. So you let me let me get this straight. You went and shouted at the chef. You had whiskey on your breath after at least 2 wishes.
Nathaniel Horcock: I didn't shout at the show.
Marion Freeman: No. 3 whiskies because you had another one of the blessings, didn't it?
Dave (GM): Oh, yeah. After being shoved for 20 minutes.
Nathaniel Horcock: I didn't shout. Fuck,
Marion Freeman: suck. So that's 1 whiskey on average every 5 minutes.
Dave (GM): He's going to fight show.
Jimmy Harlesden: Why doesn't he? Need to go.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Why not? Yeah. Shoot everybody.
Dave (GM): So, Tom, you can hear this building.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. I think I'll probably head out and see what their commotion is. Okay.
Dave (GM): So, yeah, there there is a crowd there. You can see them that's centered around Augustine Paquito and and Garlin Rayburn. Mhmm. And they are loudly talking about the fact that they've now been told that Chisholm and his men have murdered their children and their and their hands, their friends, and they are very angry and very
Nathaniel Horcock: upset. Not bad.
Jimmy Harlesden: Uh-huh. So I wanna get straight to them. I'll come to a shoe first.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: See. What's going on?
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, that deputy there, has he left now?
Dave (GM): No. He hasn't. No. He's still around.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm talking to you, though, from here.
Dave (GM): I think you can see he's now gone into the into the into the trails in order to
Nathaniel Horcock: Trails have something to do. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Because yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. The the deputy there has come in and given news, I'll tell you what's happened about this girl this this girlfriend of Kyla gang who's come out of evidence that these men from from Chisholm's employ are responsible for deaths of the bikini son of son of son of son of son of son. Dimas And Eugene Rayburn. Eugene Rayburn.
Dave (GM): Plus their 2 other
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Right here. Claim that she witnessed it, the the man from which in Chisholm's employee doing it.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. I believe this known bandit. We're just believing this test to be of this known mandate.
Nathaniel Horcock: God is gonna yeah. Well, that's I think we should have thought of.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. Now I think I will go up and see the key tavern
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I'm walking. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: And rebrand.
Dave (GM): Okay. So,
Nathaniel Horcock: I've
Dave (GM): heard the,
Jimmy Harlesden: the news and stuff. This is shocking, terrible news. Obviously, Chisholm's man and is there any suggestion that actually
Dave (GM): Sorry. What did you say?
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm basically commiserating, saying this is shocking. Totally news.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. What did you say about mister Chisholm?
Dave (GM): Did you say I am Chisholm's man?
Jimmy Harlesden: No. No. I was gonna say so That's
Dave (GM): what I thought you said.
Nathaniel Horcock: Don't I
Dave (GM): don't know. But, yeah, no.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm Chisholm Chisholm's bitch. So so, no, this is a tell me, this, Chisholm's man must be, court and brought to justice. And, obviously, mister Chisholm himself, if there's any evidence that he was actually involved in instigating this action. That would seem strange why I'm not sure what what his motivation would be for such a such a heinous crime? Because the hazard deputy, said what the next steps were we to? Have they caught the the man who did this?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. They just got the girl. It's one of the killers.
Dave (GM): She's trying to get
Jimmy Harlesden: So they're they're on the trail of the the perpetrator. Somebody is tell me somebody is looking for the perpetrator of this
Nathaniel Horcock: I imagine.
Dave (GM): Well, well, Ray Ray Ben himself is is kind of so blinded with rage. He's not making an awful lot of sense.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I try to
Dave (GM): what's it? Yeah. She's she's obviously seen in the rage, but it's much whiter.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): More rage than the
Nathaniel Horcock: white. Much calmer about it.
Dave (GM): And she says, doesn't surprise me. Chisholm is making life difficult for cattle ranchers everywhere. Why why he would why he would murder murder my boy? Must be something to do with McGinn. McGinn must be behind it somewhere. I know the 2 of them were plotting to to to throw us out of here. This is our land. We've been here for generations.
Nathaniel Horcock: And there's some slip through. Was it the families who had the slip through or was it the the the son who had slip through?
Dave (GM): Are you asking her that?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. As a player as a player.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Was it your son of a
Marion Freeman: slip or was it a
Nathaniel Horcock: Not a captain. No. But you know what I mean.
Dave (GM): The information was that Dimasfikito was found with his throat cut.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): Whereas the other ones were shot.
Jimmy Harlesden: Killed by gunshots.
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: So yeah. Sure. Has has the other deputy passed the case on to you to track down this conflict? Or are they are they on the I assume you've discussed the matter in a professional manner with the, with the deputy for
Nathaniel Horcock: Thank you.
Jimmy Harlesden: From Since
Marion Freeman: I've said
Dave (GM): on brand induction day, I've even gone through basic training.
Nathaniel Horcock: I assume there must be the actually, I've got the girl in Fort Keogh. What's it? Fort Fort
Dave (GM): Fort Craig.
Nathaniel Horcock: Fort Craig. Yep. I think it was in there. The it's jurisdiction, wasn't it? We found the boat.
Dave (GM): So the votes were found further north.
Nathaniel Horcock: Further north. Yeah.
Dave (GM): So I I actually I don't know if I bought I must have bought them. Yeah. I worked out what the the counties of New Mexico were in 18/72. Yeah. Mhmm. So you are currently in Socorro County. Mhmm. Just literally just to the south of you there by actually, your branch is in both, is, Donahanna County. And then to the northeast, you've got Lincoln County. But, yeah. So she was their their bodies were found much closer to Albuquerque. It was kinda halfway between Albuquerque and and here, and that was in, Valencia County. And they change a lot. So I found this website that was really cool. You could click on every year where they changed.
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, really?
Dave (GM): So from about 18/20. And there's lots of changes. But I've I've picked out the one that was 18/76, I think it was. There we are. So, yeah. That's cool.
Jimmy Harlesden: Can I get a so the deputy so the deputy went back into into the trial suit out?
Dave (GM): Yep. I'm gonna go
Jimmy Harlesden: back in there and see if you can see him in the bar.
Dave (GM): Yeah. He's sitting there having some breakfast. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: Some coffee. Oh, I've got some see, Deb tips. I wanna say thank you for doing your duty and bringing the news here. This is a shocking shocking news, I've been
Dave (GM): Well, you're a damn sight more more polite and friendly than that. You're a fucking sheriff around here. He's, just started giving me a hard time for doing my duty.
Jimmy Harlesden: On work. That's a bit unfair.
Nathaniel Horcock: The bomb.
Jimmy Harlesden: Do you have any leads on tracking down the perpetrator of this horrible crime?
Dave (GM): We've, we have sent to the, you know, the sheriff's office in, in Albuquerque where we believe or we believe the, you know, the culprit culprits were, were at the time. So we're hoping to track down
Jimmy Harlesden: Says it was Chisholm's man. You believe that someone like mister Chisholm would be responsible for
Dave (GM): for I'm a I'm a simple deputy. I just follow the evidence.
Jimmy Harlesden: Because presumably there'll be charges coming against mister Chisholm if that's the case, if there's enough evidence.
Dave (GM): If mister Chisholm is, you know, is proved to be involved, then then obviously, yeah, I mean, you know. But
Jimmy Harlesden: You say it's the sheriff's office in Albuquerque who'll be is basically taking on the
Dave (GM): case now. Well, we have sent, we've sent that information up to, up to the sheriff's office in Albuquerque, which is where we where we believe the, the the criminals to, to have last been seen.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, anyway, as I said, thanks, Virgie. Sorry to interrupt your breakfast, and, pleased to meet you.
Dave (GM): You too, mister Halston.
Jimmy Harlesden: Jimmy Halston.
Dave (GM): Halston. Jimmy Halston. That's right. Pleasure to meet you, mister Halston.
Jimmy Harlesden: Likewise.
Dave (GM): Nice to see some some reasonable, fine, decent people in this town. You might wish I would love that sheriff of yours and make it
Jimmy Harlesden: Maybe I will. Maybe I will. Make it a little bit. This is a new town, but it's, it is a nice town. Most people in the town are are are decent people.
Dave (GM): I hear a gunfight here every other week.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, you hear that sheriff. Yeah. Strange. Since ever since he came to town, that's
Marion Freeman: but,
Jimmy Harlesden: yeah, that'll keep my account. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. So they're they're beginning to
Nathaniel Horcock: Calm down, are they? Calm
Dave (GM): down. They just disperse.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): But the the talk of the town is is for the day is that, yeah, Chisholm's men killed the Paquito boy and then Eugene and Eugene Rayburn and that that there's there's a lot a lot of anger towards Chisholm
Nathaniel Horcock: Chisholm.
Dave (GM): And his people.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. You pointed out to me that go go well, I've I've suggested that you're gonna tell a guy to actually keep quietly works with Chisholm. Sorry? The, the, surveyor.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, yeah, when everyone knows, you know, what he's here for. I mean, does
Marion Freeman: this But the sheriff also said, he doesn't work for Chisholm. He's a friend.
Nathaniel Horcock: A friend of Chisholm to keep
Dave (GM): his
Nathaniel Horcock: connection Yeah. Quiet. And I suggest at the moment. Yeah. So the
Jimmy Harlesden: other deputy said it's the sheriff's office sheriff's office up in Albuquerque is gonna be
Nathaniel Horcock: Looking into, looking after that. Probably, though, it doesn't Check track down here.
Jimmy Harlesden: Chism's bad. But, yeah, that's a good suggestion. I will go and find Crosby. Yeah. No worries.
Dave (GM): Yeah. You can do that. He's walking around town.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. I'd
Jimmy Harlesden: say, yeah. Just nice and quite like, yeah. Possibly, I don't know if you've heard, but there's rumors going around about mister Chisholm and his men being responsible for the murders of to the people of this town. So you might wanna not advertise any friendliest you have towards mister Chismeck.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, no.
Jimmy Harlesden: That probably
Dave (GM): will not
Jimmy Harlesden: go well if
Nathaniel Horcock: you if you didn't.
Dave (GM): That's mighty kind of you. I am obviously a a a territorial official, and I I I have no allegiance to, anybody other than the the attorney of New Mexico. But, but thank you. Thank you for, for the service. I appreciate that very much. He says, oh, by the way, I've I've decided I'm gonna call my call my meeting at the sundown. I like that place. It's nice. It's got a nice feel. A nice young lady running it. But, yeah, tomorrow at noon, I'll be putting the message out to the to the families here and there.
Jimmy Harlesden: The Sundan is, like, pretty good ish's place.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): And, yeah, obviously, I'll be telling everyone what what I'm here for and what what what they should expect, what I'll be doing whilst I'm here, Obviously.
Nathaniel Horcock: You know? Lovely to come to the grills.
Dave (GM): You will be welcome to
Jimmy Harlesden: yeah. Sure.
Dave (GM): In fact,
Jimmy Harlesden: we'll be there. If you're
Dave (GM): if you're roaches, then you probably wanna be there.
Jimmy Harlesden: I think you I think you must have said you'd need. Excellent.
Marion Freeman: Coming back to the I
Jimmy Harlesden: think I better come back to the ranch and tell you what's going on. What the fuck? Yeah. So
Marion Freeman: we've had
Jimmy Harlesden: an interesting day. Oh, yeah. How's your day?
Nathaniel Horcock: I thought it was a good day now. I'm thinking, Mexico seems really nice this time of year.
Dave (GM): And you're not that far from me, New Old Mexico, are you? Mhmm. You're right.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm not sure if anyone thinks Chisholm murdered the Yes. Fakita and the rear air boys.
Marion Freeman: Right. Now you were on the trail with me at that point where we had that very tense conversation.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yes. Yeah? That was.
Marion Freeman: However, from what you've said about It's Makinto's throat being
Nathaniel Horcock: The cut doesn't sound like self defense, does it?
Marion Freeman: Well, doesn't sound like mister Pinker at all.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Marion Freeman: He is so Picker I was quite wrong before. Mister Picker is very confident with his irons.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Marion Freeman: He's not a throat cutting person. So I'm pretty sure in my mind what you've said rules out mister Picker. Until today, I have to say I thought that he probably had killed them because now I have to tell you that I know he pretty much killed.
Nathaniel Horcock: Thinking.
Marion Freeman: Now just remind
Dave (GM): me. Gilchrist.
Marion Freeman: Did Rayburn and Gilchrist ever travel with us on that train or was it just the Paquito boys?
Jimmy Harlesden: So
Dave (GM): no, it's just the Paquito.
Marion Freeman: It's just the Paquito.
Nathaniel Horcock: So they're the ones
Dave (GM): around the
Marion Freeman: cat part of the How do you But
Dave (GM): they did but they told you what was happening.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Do I think well, actually, didn't you meet all 4 of them?
Jimmy Harlesden: I think they were 4 of them.
Dave (GM): Well, they
Jimmy Harlesden: met all 4 of
Dave (GM): them, and
Jimmy Harlesden: then turned them kind of went off on their own. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You met
Jimmy Harlesden: all 4
Dave (GM): of them, and then Rayburn and Gilchrist went ahead.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. And we So
Dave (GM): you knew all 4 of them were together and what they're doing.
Nathaniel Horcock: And this was to do the land grant. She had again, was it?
Marion Freeman: Well, this is the whole show. McGinn had done a deal with I
Jimmy Harlesden: was trying to do a deal.
Marion Freeman: Was trying to do a deal and had sent
Jimmy Harlesden: With Chisholm.
Marion Freeman: Mister Picker with a letter to mister Chisholm and a $1,000 to sew up the whole of
Jimmy Harlesden: the Spanish wine space.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Marion Freeman: We we met the paquito's on the trail. Oh, we met all 4 of them on the trail.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. And thereafter, they said
Marion Freeman: somehow, how did you get do we do we get so we didn't get them all 4 to join us, but the pequito's came to join us for a while.
Dave (GM): I think you agreed that 2 of them would go ahead, and 2 of them would come with you Yeah. To see if you could talk.
Marion Freeman: Mhmm. Talk straight to
Dave (GM): chest. Yeah. Yeah. And and deal with it without any violence. Mhmm. And then he had that very tense conversation around
Marion Freeman: the town. And then And the Pequito's followed him.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Never to be seen again.
Marion Freeman: Never to be seen again.
Dave (GM): Until they were found with their throats. We A couple weeks later.
Nathaniel Horcock: Which boy did you found the Rayburn?
Marion Freeman: We then found Rayburn boy and his body dead and mister Picker's horse, of course, dead
Dave (GM): as well.
Marion Freeman: I didn't think it was a thing you needed to know, and I'm very grateful you didn't owe it when you met mister Reuben
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. Last night's news.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): They were they
Jimmy Harlesden: were probably killed by gunshot wounds.
Dave (GM): The horse was killed by gunshot wounds.
Marion Freeman: And then, you know
Dave (GM): As well as the other 2.
Marion Freeman: I'm pretty sure mister Picker
Nathaniel Horcock: Actually, in self defense for those.
Marion Freeman: Actually, in self defense for those 2. I don't think he was involved at all with the Paquito's. So you're telling me that this woman who I also met on
Dave (GM): that table
Marion Freeman: were there about claims?
Nathaniel Horcock: She's claimed she saw, and I did actually say the deputy when I first met. Are you sure? Because, you know, I did question the fact.
Dave (GM): Yeah. He said that she's she's claimed to be an eyewitness Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I did question. I said, are you sure I did did put that wasn't until I got angry with that he stirred all
Jimmy Harlesden: the French.
Marion Freeman: And so what did he say? She's an eyewitness. She saw mister Picker cut.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Now I've heard now I've cut.
Marion Freeman: Right? When when a when a throat is cut, generally, I'm feeling one is sneaking up behind said person.
Nathaniel Horcock: Or they're whistling.
Marion Freeman: If she was witnessing it, why did she not say, hey. Watch out for the bird behind you with a knife.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Or it's or you kinda throw somebody to sleep, of course. So whether it's
Marion Freeman: Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: You're not an as you killed
Marion Freeman: I'm not saying
Nathaniel Horcock: that she
Marion Freeman: didn't see him murdered. I am saying that
Nathaniel Horcock: It's not an act of self defense. No.
Marion Freeman: Well and also, I'm not I I'm not at all convinced it's
Nathaniel Horcock: So you're telling me that if you're
Marion Freeman: Mister Picker was ready to pull his firearms while outnumbered around our campfire.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Marion Freeman: 4 to 1. He was ready to shoot all 4 of us down
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: In a draw. So he's that confident.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. That lethal then. Fair enough.
Marion Freeman: He's not gonna you know, there was no indication that he might cut our throats at night while we slept.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. If he's that ready to use his ear.
Marion Freeman: So I I don't think he murdered those boys.
Jimmy Harlesden: No. I think I probably agree with that, but, obviously, if
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, to be honest, it sounds like it's
Jimmy Harlesden: so bad. Think believe that he did. Yeah. We you know?
Nathaniel Horcock: I think, obviously, it's certainly it could be as an act of self defense.
Jimmy Harlesden: Had more involvement there than we might want to admit to.
Marion Freeman: No. We've already admitted to
Jimmy Harlesden: Guess we found the
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: What did we say to missus Paquita about did Do we do we say we're not the boys at all on the trail?
Jimmy Harlesden: I can't remember. Fuck. They're talking to check of the lines, isn't it?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Hold on a second.
Dave (GM): Let's see. So I think you probably did say that you'd met them on the trail, but that they did they all went off. Yeah. And obviously you didn't know what happened to them, and then you found the bodies of
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Eugene and Otter. And you met this car. Was it with Kayla or Carla gang? Carla gang.
Marion Freeman: I can't remember why I'd gone off and met the Carla gang.
Dave (GM): Well, basically, because you were herding the herd.
Marion Freeman: Oh, right. Yeah.
Dave (GM): You're out on one side of the herd and the others were up to the other side, and they came across you first. That was all it was. But, you know, because so you talked to them on your own Yeah. But you were just about in sight of telling me in your in your gun hat and yep.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, from what I feel I've to be honest with you, it sounds like the right the rape on these in the hand killed in self defense, and it sounds like the car are getting killed.
Marion Freeman: Wow. Let's not leap to conclusions. I know I know through personal experience that the law likes to leap to con me. But
Nathaniel Horcock: that's what no. I mean, I mean, I need proof.
Marion Freeman: I'm pretty confident that Pika didn't murder the Paquito boys.
Nathaniel Horcock: And missy, and she's coming up here tomorrow. Is it tomorrow she's coming up?
Dave (GM): Tomorrow, well, that that's early evening.
Nathaniel Horcock: Tomorrow evening.
Dave (GM): What's the original plan? Yeah. You know, you don't know whether that's changed now since since, she's had this news today? You haven't had anything changed?
Marion Freeman: We haven't invited her on behalf of mister Chisholm.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No.
Dave (GM): It might not have gone down so well. I wanna take your, you know, your signed autograph paintings of Chisholm. Yeah. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Worst word.
Dave (GM): The nude pictures, but then, yeah, that's in your personal.
Marion Freeman: We should maybe write to mister Chisholm or to his,
Dave (GM): local What
Nathaniel Horcock: time of day is it now then?
Dave (GM): So it's gonna be quite late, early evening. Early evening. Because he basically spent most of the day in town. Matt had spent all day riding across the engine.
Jimmy Harlesden: Although it's entirely possible that Chisholm already knows about this if the law if the sheriff's office in Albuquerque is
Marion Freeman: As mister Chisholm's agents, I think it's our due diligence to write to him and tell him that this is what's going on. It's just that we
Jimmy Harlesden: don't get caught posting the letter. What's that? Nothing got it addressed to mister Chisholmoor. No.
Marion Freeman: I think we may address it to Yeah. Mister Stroud talking of our mutual, friend.
Nathaniel Horcock: And when was made or miss Lee holding the man, Grant Finn?
Dave (GM): So the the the meeting is gonna be at 12 o'clock tomorrow.
Jimmy Harlesden: That before? Before your due date. Will seem to come soon. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Right. We're in town then tomorrow, I think.
Jimmy Harlesden: Are we gonna send that letter to
Marion Freeman: I think we should write one. Yes. Absolutely.
Dave (GM): I guess you need to go to town to send it.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. So yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Marion Freeman: Let's give it to one of the Paquito boys to,
Dave (GM): to take a look.
Marion Freeman: Take the post office for us.
Dave (GM): Along with the the vapor, of course. Okay. So can I have Hawkeye Rolls, please?
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, shit.
Marion Freeman: Hawkeye Rolls, please. In the lounge.
Dave (GM): Now this is you've got the beds.
Nathaniel Horcock: So I've got 5 dice, so it's 5 dice but they're still
Dave (GM): All 5 will travel dice. So no matter how big your dice pool is.
Nathaniel Horcock: Up to 5 dice. Different color. Alright. Okay.
Dave (GM): Obviously, if you
Marion Freeman: got less than 5, that's You've got a success there. I've got 2 successes.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. You don't
Marion Freeman: you don't name more than 2 successes, do you?
Jimmy Harlesden: Don't you go I definitely don't
Dave (GM): on this role now.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I will not. But those are the
Jimmy Harlesden: 2 sixes and 2 ones.
Nathaniel Horcock: Nothing. No. Honestly.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'll keep with my 2.
Dave (GM): Okay. Did you get any success? I ain't getting any.
Jimmy Harlesden: No. No. I got 2.
Dave (GM): Okay. Tell you you can you wake up, because you can hear it's it's not quite dawn. It's near dawn. You can hear in the far distance He's a posse. The the frenzied neighing of horses. And you can hear it in the far distance.
Jimmy Harlesden: The far distance.
Nathaniel Horcock: Some of it's riding on
Jimmy Harlesden: the You in
Dave (GM): are you
Nathaniel Horcock: I know I'm gonna come back.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. Yeah. I'm gonna wait. You guys have an shot and hand saying that something's disturbing horses.
Nathaniel Horcock: I can hear it. You know, I got a hand. Can I turn the hand roll? Can I guess what's happening or, you know, this is a reaction?
Dave (GM): I don't think you need to make a role for that. I think you you can tell that there are distressed forces out there. Okay. But you don't know what necessarily would be.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Fair enough. Sounds like
Marion Freeman: Running out to my boss.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Right here.
Marion Freeman: So the ones in our
Nathaniel Horcock: leveling up here. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Are fine. It's out it's out on No.
Dave (GM): No. No. This is at a distance. This is this is your part of your herd somewhere.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Some bastard's running them off. That's what I wanted to make a roll for. I just want to make a roll.
Dave (GM): Well, that would be the obvious conclusion when it comes out.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm not gonna make a roll
Nathaniel Horcock: about it. Yeah.
Dave (GM): But that's that's not
Marion Freeman: The roll's cool. Animal handling. K. So you've all got a saddle
Dave (GM): you've got a saddle your horses in a row.
Nathaniel Horcock: So there's
Jimmy Harlesden: no more animal handling on
Dave (GM): to saddling your horses.
Marion Freeman: Oh. Fudge.
Nathaniel Horcock: So that's 5 the 5 are great and 3 are
Marion Freeman: one success. Settled successfully. No trouble.
Dave (GM): That cost a bay boat.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Yep.
Jimmy Harlesden: I get one success. K.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Oh, fuck. I knew it's gonna happen to me, isn't it? Revenge. Fuck you. For
Dave (GM): for Solomon came yesterday.
Nathaniel Horcock: I didn't Don't gush. No. Sheriff. Don't start using that for
Dave (GM): Okay. So you if you failed, you're basically struggling
Marion Freeman: too quickly.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): You guys can get off if you want. We'll go.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. That was quick as
Dave (GM): possible. Yeah. And you'll be a couple of minutes behind.
Nathaniel Horcock: Behind. Fair enough. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. Literally, the sun is just coming up over the over the mountains.
Nathaniel Horcock: So there's
Dave (GM): a little bit of glow. You can see there is dust in the distance. Obviously, your herd has been spooked. Mhmm. If you're galloping, make an animal handling role. Enough for a 5 point?
Jimmy Harlesden: No. Or
Marion Freeman: 2. No. 2 successes. I got a success.
Dave (GM): You're not
Marion Freeman: a fan.
Dave (GM): Oh, for fuck's
Nathaniel Horcock: sake. Oh, god. I knew it. I fucking knew they were gonna battle.
Dave (GM): And he's seen
Nathaniel Horcock: backwards on his dog. Oh, yeah. Well, I've used Joe with
Marion Freeman: all of his head.
Jimmy Harlesden: And was the whiskey wasn't it? Too much whiskey.
Nathaniel Horcock: If I use the fine points, because I don't got any ones, could I push it then?
Marion Freeman: You can.
Dave (GM): So obviously, if you roll a one on the reroll
Marion Freeman: on your favorite your travel.
Dave (GM): Dice, then you might have to roll.
Nathaniel Horcock: Does your horse can can my horse give me any bonuses or not?
Marion Freeman: No. I was wondering whether we ought to have bonuses for horses. So
Dave (GM): Yeah. Because I
Nathaniel Horcock: have a because Nutmeg is actually quite a good horse. It's a it's a must mustang. It's a yeah. I don't wanna fuck the horse horse.
Jimmy Harlesden: You don't wanna fuck your horse?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. I can't reach. Different turns. Oh, should I push it? What does it mean I'm just falling behind you 2? You got successes on you?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Yeah. Weird. Wanna get horses competently.
Nathaniel Horcock: And maybe I got a sour belly from the a sour belly from the celebration of being made sure, which I'm fast regretting.
Dave (GM): Although, that's it. You can get, handling bonuses and negatives from the floors and bonuses of your horse.
Marion Freeman: Now I've got a hot pause plus 1, doesn't
Nathaniel Horcock: it? It's similar right there on there.
Dave (GM): So that's plus 1 for darting,
Marion Freeman: which is what I was
Dave (GM): doing. Yep.
Marion Freeman: So, maybe I'll roll another dice.
Dave (GM): No. Did we work out your your horses' attributes, Andy?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. High spirited.
Dave (GM): Did you write down what they mean?
Marion Freeman: I wanted
Nathaniel Horcock: to do a high spirit and something about higher hair, harder to go. High spirit. What's how you got high spirited? Yeah.
Dave (GM): I'm just finding the right spot. K. High spirited means the horse's resilience is reduced by 1.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, alright. That's what I put it there. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. And what else did you have?
Nathaniel Horcock: So I'm good for pasta get pasta gallop. I know the pasta possible for gallop, I think, to grow. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Hot horse.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Plus one that Adam might have is when you get up.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. So I can also
Dave (GM): Yeah. So you can push. Yeah?
Nathaniel Horcock: You can push.
Dave (GM): You can push even if you've got a one already on a on a on a trouble tie. You just get You can so you You just
Jimmy Harlesden: have to buy off.
Dave (GM): So it costs a point of faith to push. Right. If you've got a 1 on your trouble die, you can use a point of faith to buy that off
Marion Freeman: Right.
Dave (GM): And get rid of it. If you do that before you push, you then roll that dice again. Right. Obviously, if you've pushed and you've got a one and you want to buy off with faith, you can.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Dave (GM): But you don't get to reroll it.
Nathaniel Horcock: I don't get so if I push if I buy it before I roll, I can reroll it. Yeah. Yeah. Exactly. Cost me 2. Oh, so I spent 2 points of 5 before.
Dave (GM): Are you buying off a
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, yeah. I did get a 1 and a red then.
Dave (GM): Too fake then?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Too fake.
Jimmy Harlesden: They only re roll
Dave (GM): the lock.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. No. Nice. Yeah. It's about a 6.
Dave (GM): Any ones on trouble dice?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Boggs. Wacky. That sounds like
Dave (GM): a yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. So you succeed. Which ones
Jimmy Harlesden: are your trouble dice?
Nathaniel Horcock: Red ones.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. 2 ones.
Dave (GM): So roll a d 6. One of them. I don't have
Nathaniel Horcock: so much.
Dave (GM): See what your trouble is. If
Marion Freeman: you roll
Dave (GM): a 6, you go to the next level and roll again. So 6 is exploding with ish. It's not really explode.
Nathaniel Horcock: 5.
Dave (GM): 5. So you're thrown off balance, you lose your next round.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): So it doesn't really matter too much in this situation. I
Nathaniel Horcock: just hit some rough ground.
Dave (GM): Basically, yeah. Yeah. As you are getting your horse under control Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. It's it's kind of
Dave (GM): yeah. It is a bit fitting. You start you almost fall out
Nathaniel Horcock: of the saddle,
Dave (GM): but you manage to to control it. You waste around a few seconds getting under control. Okay. You 2 both succeeded, don't you? Yeah. 2. Okay. So you're galloping along. There's a bit of dust thrown up. You're you're coming over a little ridge. There's a little hollow. And as you ride into the hollow, you can see basically your herd or not all of it. This is not yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: A portion
Dave (GM): of your herd is just stood there in the hollow below you, and you can see probably 6 men on horses just kind of standing there waiting for you.
Marion Freeman: Tales of the old west is brought to you by Effect. The music is old west game by Stu Venable, used with kind permission of the angry folk media empire.