Ed and Tom run through the learning resources they find most useful. Which of our hosts has never made it all the way through a coding book? Who cheats at tests? Why doesn't Ed like watching video tutorials? Why does Medium mean Ed has to dust off the "bleeper" (and what even is a d$£kbar anyway)? Find out in this week's intriguing instalment of A Question of Code!
- Refactoring UI, by Adam Wathan & Steve Schoger: https://refactoringui.com/book/
- Automate the Boring Stuff, by Al Sweigart: https://automatetheboringstuff.com/
- CSS Tricks: http://css-tricks.com
- Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/
- Medium: https://medium.com/
- Flask Mega Tutorial, by Miguel Grinberg: https://blog.miguelgrinberg.com/post/the-flask-mega-tutorial-part-i-hello-world/
- CS50: Introduction to Computer Science: https://online-learning.harvard.edu/course/cs50-introduction-computer-science
- FunFunFunction with MPJ: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO1cgjhGzsSYb1rsB4bFe4Q
- Level Up Tutorials: https://www.leveluptutorials.com/
- Dan Abramov on Egghead.io: https://egghead.io/courses/getting-started-with-redux
- Michael Kennedy's Talk Python Training: https://training.talkpython.fm/
- PyBites: https://pybit.es/pages/challenges.html
- Kyle Simpson's You Don't Know JS: https://github.com/getify/You-Dont-Know-JS)
- Software Cornwall: https://www.softwarecornwall.org/
- London Python Coding Dojo: http://ldnpydojo.org.uk/
- Exercism.io: https://exercism.io/
What is A Question of Code?
A newbie coder and a seasoned veteran discuss the questions that always come up when someone begins learning to code.
Ed is looking at getting a career in programming and has been learning to code for just over a year. During this time he’s been building up a stack of questions that keep coming up from other newbie coders. Luckily, he’s got someone he can ask for help: Tom. Tom’s a seasoned coder, having worked in the industry for a few years now and has all the answers Ed needs, or does he?