In this episode, Adam talks to Sebastian De Deyne about learning React from the perspective of a Vue developer, and how to translate all of the Vue features you're already comfortable with to React code.
- How Vue focuses on making things easy at the cost of a more complex API, while React focuses on keeping things simple at the cost of a steeper learning curve
- How to translate Vue's computed properties to React using the useMemo hook
- How to translate Vue's watchers to React using the useEffect hook
- How to translate Vue's v-model to React using value props and event listeners
- How to translate Vue's events to React using callback props
- How to translate Vue's slots to React by passing JSX as a normal prop
- How to handle transitions in React with libraries like Pose
- DigitalOcean, get your free $100 credit at do.co/fullstack
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.