In this week’s episode I take a quick look at current US political events including Michael Bloomberg’s surge into second place and the massive target on its back over the last week. And Bernie Sanders moving into the top spot across a number of polls....
In this week’s episode I take a quick look at current US political events including Michael Bloomberg’s surge into second place and the massive target on its back over the last week. And Bernie Sanders moving into the top spot across a number of polls.
I then have a chat with Export New Zealand’s executive director and NZUS Council board member - Catherine Beard - on the changing export scene and the exciting snowball effect with technology, services and innovation based exporters and the importance of the New Zealand-United States relationship in this growth.
It’s a shorter episode and well worth the listen.
- Catherine Beard: https://www.exportnz.org.nz/about/our-people
For comments and feedback:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: facebook.com/nzuscouncil
- Twitter: twitter.com/nzuscouncil
- Website: nzuscouncil.org
Links to clips used during the podcast:
- Michael Bloomberg on 'Stop and Frisk' policy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hgyKGdB7Aw
- Attack ad on Bernie Sanders: https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-anti-bernie-democrats-launch-brutal-ad-hitting-sanders-over-heart-attack/
- Frank Sinatra singing ‘New York New York’: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMfz1jlyQrw
- Flight of the Conchords: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re0nu9UtEY8
Credits – opening and closing music:
- Happy Boy Theme Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
About the NZUS Council
Established in 2001, we are a non-partisan, non-government organisation focused on advancing New Zealand’s interests in a strong bilateral relationship with the US.
What is The Friday Download?
A weekly celebration of democracy, creativity, innovation, technology, business, and trade