As a managing partner at Common Thread Collective, Taylor Holiday builds and consults for a huge range of successful brands. CTC has figured out a game-changing equation to help brands manage their cash flow.
This week’s episode is loaded with hard-hitting tactics from one of the top agencies in the DTC space. It’s a deep dive on the metrics that brands can use to better understand and serve their customers. Kristen and Taylor talk sustainable growth, parsing data, maximizing ad returns, and a data-driven approach to the customer journey.
- Using CAC:LTV to build a better understanding of acquisition and retention
- You can use cohorts to track more than time- and the results are amazing
- Data shows you what, but not why
- Retaining employees internally for better customer retention and a better company culture
- “Are you trying to exploit the customers that you have, or are you genuinely interested in the experience that they’re having?”
- Using 60-day customer value to realize profitability
- Using a founder-centric approach for your Facebook ads
- Understanding repeat purchase rates for specific products
- Realizing that you’re winning when you think you’re losing
- Taylor and Kohlman Verheyen explain CAC:LTV for one of their brands: https://commonthreadco.com/blogs/coachs-corner/ltv-cac-cohort-analysis
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.