Eric Siu talks about how maintaining simple habits can transform your business, the power of giving back, and why everyone should steal from time to time.
“I talk about 15 power-ups in the book, but there’s actually a lot more than that in life. Power-ups can be habits, they could be mental models, and there’s a lot of tools. And so the goal in life, one of the things that’s going to help you grow and level-up to your highest potential, is to just go around collecting things and learning and just getting better and better. Getting that one percent better every single day. And part of that involves getting different power-ups.” ~ @ericosiu
- You can’t be successful trying to do everything all at once. The more you can focus on reaching one destination, the more likely you are to reach it.
- Stack great habits on top of one another to “win” the game of life and outperform your competitors.
- Even the greats took inspiration from others. “Stealing” a great idea and making it your own will help you move the needle.
- Rather than generating leads through cold calls, provide as much free value as you can for others. Find out what people want and give it to them!
Links and Important Mentions
- Eric on Twitter
- Leveling Up: How to Master the Game of Life
- Single Grain
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Check out a bonus episode with Eric
Stay in Touch
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.