Can the prophets of the Old Testament serve as models for the DMT experience? This is what Dr Rick Strassman examines in this episode and in his book DMT and The Soul of Prophecy. This episode is also an exploration into what happens when a heathen podcast host has a conversation with a well-respected scholar and psychedelic researcher.
- What he would like his legacy to be
- How DMT research was a prelude to asking deeper questions about the spiritual experience
- How DMT opens the user up to different realities
- The mysterious source of these experiences
- The importance of setting intention in the DMT experience
- Psychosis vs. spiritual experience
- The various models used to describe the DMT experience
- What the DMT data reveals about achieving the enlightenment experience
- His transition from studying Zen Buddhism to the Hebrew Bible
- The compared experiences of the prophets of the Hebrew Bible and the volunteers in his DMT studies
- What he believes the ingredients are for making a person more suitable for divine influence
- False prophecy vs true prophecy
- God and atheism
- Psychedelic-assisted therapy
Visit Lucid Cafe host Wendy Halley's website
What is Lucid Cafe?
What's on the menu at Lucid Cafe? Stories of transformation; healing journeys; thought-provoking conversations about consciousness, shamanism, psychology, ethics. Hosted by Wendy Halley of Lucid Path Wellness & Healing Arts.