Elizabeth has thoughts on Quibi, Some Good News, responsible ways to share bad but important news, and why gifs now mark you as a n00b. Karen chimes in where possible.
- Bite 1: Quibi
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Blames Pandemic for Quibi’s Rough Start (NYT)
- Some More News on Quibi
- Peter Kafka’s interview with Katzenberg on Recode Media
- Bite 2 (9:46): Some Good News
- Equals 3 (we said Less Than 3), Cute Win Fail, Philip DeFranco
- John Krasinski explains why he sold ‘Some Good News’ after receiving backlash (Global News)
- Facebook’s Executives Shut Down Efforts to Make the Site Less Divisive (WSJ)
- Sarah Z’s OK Doomer
- Mia Mulder’s Apathy and Democracy
- Bite 3 (22:35): Social media as… media
- Coverage of George Floyd’s death in police custody, the ensuing protests and the police reaction (WaPo)
- Web Literacy for Student Fact-Checkers covers many of the tips shared by Elizabeth, and more
- Things To Do Instead Of Calling The Cops, Part 1 and Part 2, from @tapioca_starch
- Anti-racism resources shared by Brittany Packett
- Shareable Anti-racism Resource Guide compiled by Tasha K. Ryals
- Unicorn Riot live video from Minneapolis
- Bite 4 (44:05): Language coding and internet prestige
- Storylines (particularly Episode 8) from Women in Film and Television - Alberta
- Inventures Unbound, happening online on June 3 and 4, 2020.
What is That's a Thing?!?
A sometimes belated, already outdated guide to your teens, tweens and everything under 20. In each episode, Elizabeth, a teenager, explains a thing to Karen, her mother. And Karen tells Elizabeth how that thing relates to something she knows. Maybe.