Google, Yelp, and Facebook aren’t doing anything special to help you support local businesses. Listen to Henry share an idea to enrich local communities through a hyper-local online directory.
- The idea is a small part of a successful business; it’s about the execution
- Creating a business idea that forces you to network with local businesses has collateral benefits
- The pain is deep here: local business owners are eager for something that helps them compete with bigger names
- Create a list of all the businesses in your local area
- Build a minimum viable product website that houses these businesses' information
- Use targeted advertising to bring locals to your site
- Test monetization strategies
- Approach business owners and sell them on advertising with you
- Include an app-based discount card that promotes local businesses
- Gather local citizen email addresses and send them discounts and offers
- At a meta-level, you could create an app that allows local governments to implement this in their own towns and neighborhoods
Extracting Pain from Dentists with David Cristello
Smart Home Installation and More with Mehdi Kajbaf
What is Run With It - Business Ideas from Successful Entrepreneurs?
Successful CEOs have plenty of new business ideas. Aspiring entrepreneurs are in need of them. Run With It bridges this gap, bringing you business ideas and action steps from established entrepreneurs. Follow through and you can earn a free mentoring session with our guest, and potentially, a new business partnership.