Today's guest is Tom McFarlin. Tom is a WordPress developer, blogger, and guitar player. He operates his own business building custom WordPress sites and products and writes the Practical WordPress Development blog.
- Growing his audience through consistent blogging.
- Finding the sweet spot for his business and career.
- Building a business that can sustain itself for the long-term.
- How having a supportive partner and family can make all the difference when it comes to pursuing your ideal career.
- Sometimes the best thing you can do for your business is to rely on the strengths of others rather than forcing yourself to do things you’re not good at.
- Choosing your niche customer isn’t always about the money, it should also be about what you love to do.
- Every industry has its highs and lows but it is possible to build a business that can withstand those changes.
Important Mentions in this Episode
What is Live In The Feast?
Live In The Feast is a seasonal podcast for developers and designers looking to discover their niche to build recurring revenue. So that they can live the life that they want and ultimately reach the goals of why they started their own business in the first place. Each season will be a theme specific to your business. And each episode features a guest who's been there before and achieved success. You'll get actionable takeaways for you to implement in your business immediately after each show. No fluff, no pie in the sky dreaming, this is real-life examples and takeaways for you.