Join in a conversation with Prof. Alyssa K. Whitcraft, Deputy Director and Program Manager for NASA Harvest, a thematically and geographically diverse consortium of more than 50 institutions focused on advancing the use of satellite-based EO by agricultural and food security decision-makers. Alyssa firmly believes in intersectionality in all things, acknowledging the role that each of us has in revolutionizing the food system in the face of pressing global challenges.
1) NASA Harvest (nasaharvest.org)
- Alyssa is Deputy Director of NASA Harvest
- Alyssa is the Data Coordinator for the GEOGLAM Initiative (Group on Earth Observations Global Agricultural Monitoring Initiative)
- NASA Harvest is GEOGLAM's contribution to the G20 agriculture mandate, helping to support early warning for international agency response to emerging food emergencies
- The NASA Harvest program is led by researchers (including Alyssa) at the University of Maryland
- NASA's Applied Sciences program provides funding for the NASA Harvest Consortium
What is 4Front® The Podcast?
Welcome to 4Front® The Podcast. My name is Jeff Metzger and I am your host.
At no other time in history have we been surrounded by so many innovators and expansive thinkers with the ability to talk directly to us. Listen each week as I talk to people who are on a mission to build a better, safer and more connected future for all of us. Are you in? New episodes are launching every other Tuesday.