In this episode, we have Sudhir Patnaik, Vice President - Engineering and Site Lead at Gibraltar India Development Center. Sartaj and Sudhir discuss breakout technology trends, the evolution of GICs, Asian innovation, designing organizational culture, and scaling high-performance teams in another insightful episode of Business Beyond 2030.
Insights from this episode:
- What’s your approach to identifying breakout technology trends and transformations?
- The upside is great when you win these bets but how do you personally deal with being wrong?
- How do you see the Global In-house Centre (GIC) model evolving this next decade?
- How should global companies view innovation from emerging economies such as India? What should be their expectations?
- Does Asian innovation have its own edge or flavor?
- Enterprise CXOs typically want Indian GIC Leads to move away from transactional outcomes to deliver on strategic aspirations. Where’s the disconnect and how can organizations get this right?
- How do you design organizational culture around a distributed teams’ model?
- What are the upsides and downsides to having such a large mandate?
- When you were approached for leading Gibraltar’s India Development Centre, how did you think through and build alignment with the larger enterprise?
- How do you transfer your vision to others in light of a developing employer value proposition (EVP) and attract high-quality talent in such a hyper-competitive environment?
About egomonk: Website | Insights | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
egomonk is an impact publisher delivering asymmetric outcomes by bringing organizations closer to the communities they want to serve and the leaders they wish to influence.
About Sartaj Anand: Website | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Sartaj Anand is a proven entrepreneur and thought leader with a decade of experience spanning management consulting, social impact, and media. He has an unreasonable dream to positively impact 1 Billion human lives within his lifetime and enables individuals and organizations to create exponential impact globally.
What is Business Beyond 2030?
Business Beyond 2030 is the show where we explore the socio-economic and technological revolutions shaping our world and the role of business in realizing the future. Business has the transformative ability to move all of us from today to tomorrow with a shared purpose. And this show unpacks complexity with the world’s smartest and most compassionate business leaders and decision-makers as they deliver on their promise of abundance.