Personal touches, incredible experiences, following through on promises, and keeping things interesting: that’s the formula that Scratch Pet Food has used to disrupt their industry.
The results have been pretty amazing. Changing your dog’s food is a huge step, and trusting a new brand isn’t easy, but Scratch works hard to help their customers transition with confidence.
Kristen and co-founder Mike Halligan dig deep into relationship-building this episode, with a particular focus on the techniques businesses can use to really understand their customers.
- “Just because you have good branding doesn’t mean you’re entitled to trust.”
- The challenges (and opportunities) for subscription brands in different countries
- Building up authority via social proof
- The difference between replenishables and other kinds of subscription
- Mapping the customer journey to the pet-parent relationship
- Disruptive, industry-changing brands face different questions from consumers
- Creating a super personalized checkout and a customized shipping cadence
- How calling customers can be a powerful retention tool
- Being unreasonably flexible in customer service interactions
- Creating tools to help customers take better care of their pets
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.