User research is critical for product teams to understand user needs and find out what you don't know. While it would be great to have a dedicated user research team, user research is also the responsibility of product managers and product designers to inform the product design, gather insights, and guide the overall direction.
- A tool to understand needs
- A way to find out what you don't know
- Focus groups
- Field studies
- Usability tests
- many more...
- To inform the design, the direction and gather insight
- "Be ready to be surprised"
- Have a plan
- Do it often
- Doesn't have to be perfect
- Adopt the mindset of a scientist
- Have fun and get the reps
- Volunteer to be on the other side to understand what it's like
User Research Basics
Stop doing user research. Start having conversations.
What is Product by Design?
A podcast about product management, user experience design, and how we can create the best product experiences for users and our businesses.