On this week’s episode, I am joined by Lauren Zander. Lauren is a life coach, university lecturer, and public speaker. She has spent over 20 years coaching thousands of private clients including couples, entrepreneurs, politicians, Emmy, Peabody, Grammy and Academy Award winners and Fortune 500 CEOs. Lauren is also the author of the book “Maybe It’s You” – a practical guide to help individuals figure out what they want out of life and how to make it happen.
Lauren and I talked about introspection, fears, making and keeping promises (and Hugh Jackman!). She practically gave me a coaching session on this episode and this conversation ought to prepare you the next time you have a setback.
Some of the key takeaways include:
- Getting on our own way: An anecdote on taking on too much (02:19)
- Overcoming the new human experience filled with what's wrong and fear (03:58)
- The relativity of success (06:02)
- Working on spiritual, emotional, and physical integrity (10:33)
- Beginning at the end and small things that bring macro results (17:10)
- I am doing the right thing: Stop asking and start doing and being (20:35)
- Setting up consequences to keep promises and be productive (25:16)
- Making your dark side work for the good guys (28:52)
- Keeping your promises as a way of challenging fear (32:49)
"When you have a big enough dream and you pick the five most important things for you to accomplish but you believe in the whole, there’s magic that will happen so other things happen while you are doing the five things."~ Lauren Zander
- Maybe It's You: Cut the Crap. Face Your Fears. Love Your Life. | Amazon
- Laughing Man Coffee
- Lauren Zander Website
- Lauren Zander Facebook
- Lauren Zander Twitter
- Lauren Zander Instagram
What is The Productivityist Podcast: A Time Management and Personal Productivity Talk Show?
Hosted by productivity strategist Mike Vardy, The Productivityist Podcast is a weekly show that discusses tips, tools, tactics, and tricks that are designed to help you take your productivity, time management, goals, to do lists, habits, and workflow to new heights - both at work and at home. If you're looking to focus your efforts on getting the right things done and start living the good life, then this weekly conversational podcast – crafted in the tradition of Slate's Working, Back to Work, and HBR IdeaCast – is for you.