If you’re like many of us, you’re collecting Pokemon product you love while also building a nice, cushy nest egg. In this episode, I brought on Eric from @pokemonster89 and we talked about his collection, how he’s acquired it and what advice he can give us as we build our nest eggs. Plot twist: don’t sell yourself short - stay patient and you can build up to getting some amazing cards.
Here's how to find Eric:
- IG: @pokemonster89
- Intro | 0:00:00
- Pokemon Card Sheets | 0:01:31
- Eric’s collection and his story | 0:03:22
- Collecting to build a nest egg vs. collecting what you love | 0:16:39
- Japanese sets | 0:23:50
- In person sales and price impact | 0:31:28
- Influencers influencing the market | 0:38:45
- Buying 9’s and the rubber band | 0:53:18
- Where the market is now | 1:04:09
- Protecting your valuables | 1:19:55
- Getting multiple perspectives and being educated on the market | 1:34:15
- “Chasing the past in the present” | 1:41:26
What is Geeked Out Collecting?
At Geeked Out Collecting podcast we apply financial and investing principles to our hobby collecting - from trading card games like Pokemon and Magic the Gathering to Comic books and Funko Pops, we do it all. The goal is to turn dusty hobby collections into profitable nest eggs.
Find us on: www.geekedoutcollecting.com