Running a marketing agency is hard. Running one remotely across several time zones? Even harder.
So how do you keep a distributed team aligned, motivated, and growing together?
In this episode of Agency Journey, host Gray MacKenzie interviews Janet Mesh, CEO and co-founder of Aimtal, a fully remote marketing agency. We dig into the keys that accelerated Aimtal’s growth over the past 5 years.
Janet shares how Aimtal has doubled its team and revenue each year through an intentional focus on talent, culture, and streamlined operations.
- Implementing clear processes and documentation enabled Aimtal to effectively manage a distributed team across 7 time zones
- Hosting immersive annual retreats reconnects their remote team and aligns everyone on vision and goals
- How Aimtal structures retreats to maximize bonding and alignment
- Focusing on talent, values, and culture fit over geography gives Aimtal access to the best talent globally
- The importance of intention in building a thriving remote agency and team
- Relying on tools like Rippling to streamline operations and free up bandwidth as they scale
- Leading with transparency and vulnerability as keys to remote team success
- Rippling - For HR/IT management
- Guru - Knowledge base software
- TravelPerk - Travel management platform
- Anthropic - AI assistant tool
Whether you're building a remote agency or colocated team, Janet offers fantastic insights into leading with intention, investing in processes and culture, and scaling successfully.
👉 Don’t forget to follow and rate us on your preferred podcast platforms. We’re also on YouTube: @ZenPilot
What is Agency Journey?
How do world-class agencies continue to grow profitably and hit their goals, even through the choppy waters and challenges of agency life?
How do leaders like Tiffany Sauder, Marcus Sheridan, Jay Acunzo, Shama Hyder, David C. Baker, Nikole Rose, and Zeb Evans think?
Join Agency Journey host Gray MacKenzie as he interviews agency operators and leaders to share insights, actionable tips, and hilarious stories from the builders who live in the agency trenches.
Each episode focuses on crucial aspects of growing an agency like building the right team, delegation, project management, client success and retention, and operating frameworks like EOS.
Brought to you by ZenPilot: we help lead your agency through the final project management implementation you’ll ever need. Book a call to learn more at ZenPilot.com/Call.
Don’t forget to rate + follow the podcast if you enjoyed it!