A discussion with Kenny Clark on the economic costs of lockdown, the shift from a strategy of flattening the curve to elimination, and the debate or lack of debate on the options and the corresponding trade-offs. And finally we look at how Vice President Biden's campaign might shape up.
We look at the government’s expected decision to move the country down from the current COVID-19 alert level 4 to level 3 enabling some businesses to return to operating and a slight easing of restrictions. We look at the economic costs of lockdown, the shift from a strategy of flattening the curve to elimination, and the debate or lack of debate on the options and the corresponding trade-offs.
We then take a quick look at the nomination of Vice President Biden to represent his party - how do you run a campaign in the current context, his potential running mates, and the importance of his team.
- Kenny Clark: https://www.lillisclark.com/team/kenny-clark/
For comments and feedback:
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/nzuscouncil
- Twitter: twitter.com/nzuscouncil
- Website: nzuscouncil.org
- Podcast Website: www.fridaydownload.nz
Links to clips used during the podcast:
- Coronavirus score: https://soundcloud.com/user-275864738/viral-counterpoint-of-the-coronavirus-spike-protein-2019-ncov
- Sanders endorses Biden: https://www.msnbc.com/katy-tur/watch/watch-bernie-sanders-endorse-joe-biden-for-president-81979973949
Credits – opening and closing music:
- Happy Boy Theme Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
- Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
About the NZUS Council
Established in 2001, we are a non-partisan, non-government organisation focused on advancing New Zealand’s interests in a strong bilateral relationship with the US.
What is The Friday Download?
A weekly celebration of democracy, creativity, innovation, technology, business, and trade