Busy people with vacation properties often show up only to find it inhospitable for the weekend. Listen to Aaron describe a business idea that reduces the stress of second homes.
- The “game” Aaron plays around customer service that’s won Easy Song Licensing many customers for life and made them a ton of money.
- The culture of small towns and how to launch a marketing campaign in one.
- Perform market research around how big the problem is and how much people would pay.
- Contact existing home maintenance providers (plumbers, lawn care, HVAC, etc…) and pitch them on joining Cabin Sit.
- Brainstorm list of services a vacation property manager could provide.
- Recruit the “Navy Seals” of property management in your area (people who’ve grown up around cabins and can handle most issues).
- Create Craigslist offer posts to test market demand and find potential employees.
- Canvas cabin owners and ask them how much they’ve spent on maintaining their cabin the last 12 months, and what services they would want from a vacation property manager.
- Sign up for a dog sitting app and begin offering additional services to homeowners.
Rover ($20 Off Referral Link)
Aaron Green is a Vice President and Co-Founder of easysonglicensing.com. They’re a 3rd-party music licensing agent specializing in music clearance for any type of permission and any type of use. They’re a bootstrapped company that started in 2005 around Aaron’s dining room table in Robbinsdale, MN. Easy Song Licensing now has a user base of 60,000 clients and growing. In 2018, they grossed $2.5 million and have increased by 30% so far in 2019.
What is Run With It?
Need a business idea? Run With It shares unused business ideas from successful entrepreneurs, including the exact steps they would take to launch them. If you're looking for a ready-made business idea, proven founders are sharing them every week on Run With It.