Joe & Laura Darkangelo left corporate America in 2005 and haven’t looked back. Most of their days consisted of reaching someone else’s goals and dreams, and they found little time for each other or for their children. With Joe in the sales department for a large distributor and Laura in the airline industry AND owning their own pizza franchises at the same time, they were spent. With exhaustion and an unfulfilling life, they started their entrepreneurial journey. Today, they’re entrepreneurial giants leading teams in Bonvera. In this episode, they recount their personal journey through the dreams, the struggles, and the victories.
- Stress is one thing; entrepreneurial stress is another.
- We justify a job rather than taking a leap to entrepreneurship.
- I noticed a lot of people in entrepreneurship, and they had better marriages, were always learning, and had good relationships.
- I learned more in entrepreneurship more than I ever did in college.
- Negative motivation doesn’t work. Positive reinforcement works best by lifting others up and encouraging them.
- Education saves us from becoming who we don’t want to be.
- I’m different from everyone else, so I can’t be like this author or that. But I can use their teachings and apply them to myself.
- It’s your time that matters and what you do with it that’s important.
- Live your priorities.
What is Taking the Leap?
The Taking the Leap Podcast is where you can learn how to launch your full-time career in this part-time gig economy. No matter what career you’re in, you have the potential to be the best version of you and overcome whatever obstacles stand in your way. And now here’s your host, the CEO of Bonvera, Bob Dickie.