How does one come to faith, let alone come back to it? Sonya Mann graciously shares some raw thoughts on her re-conversion to Christianity. We cover a lot of ground, going through doubt and spiritual malaise, the phenomenology of faith, fractal reality, "happeningness". (Recorded in September) Transcript: https://hopeinsource.com/reconversion.
Support Sonya's writing and zines at https://www.sonyasupposedly.com/membership!
- [00:00] Coming Back to the Faith
- [04:53] God Encompasses Doubt
- [08:52] Imitate Me
- [10:44] Open Source Generosity
- [12:18] Desiring Duty
- [14:20] Reality as Fractal
- [19:20] Compassionate Judgement
- [21:51] Truth and Fact
- [24:48] Socially Distant Liturgy
- [28:06] The Irreducibility of God
- [31:19] Happeningness
What is Hope in Source?
What are the parallels between faith and open source software? Join Nadia Eghbal and Henry Zhu for an off-the-cuff conversation between friends. Check out hopeinsource.com and nadiaeghbal.com/public-faith for the backstory