In this episode, Adam talks to Michael Feathers, author of Working Effectively with Legacy Code, about strategies for writing cleaner error handling code, the "tell don't ask" principle, and transforming data with collection pipelines.
- Laracasts, use coupon code FULLSTACK2016 for 50% off your first month
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Refactoring to Collections, Adam's book
- Michael's Blog
- r7k, Michael's company
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code
- The Null Object Pattern
- The Haskell Maybe Monad
- Giant Robots podcast on Tell Don't Ask vs. SRP
- Learn You a Haskell
- APL Programming Language
- Michael's Arrays on Steroids presentation
- Building guitar tab with collection pipelines
- The Spaceship Operator Tweet
- The Agile Alliance Technical Conference
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.