In this episode we'll cover what makes a good job advert, why you should spend more time writing one and I'll share a tip which I think will help your job description stand out from the crowd.
- First impressions count, you should aim to impress candidates at all stages of the application process
- Should you be paid for time spend working on tech tasks?
- The structure of a good job advert
- Share real examples of the work you can be expected to do at the company, list recent projects the team has worked on
- Basecamp always post great job descriptions, this one is no different.
About the host:
I'm Josh Hornby, a software developer from Manchester, England. I enjoy building software and managing development teams. With nearly a decade of software development experience, I understand the connections between strategy, development teams, and business goals.
I'm currently the Head of Development at a car finance startup based in the UK.
- Monday Memo Newsletter - Every Monday I send out a newsletter containing some thoughts, life lessons and interesting content I discovered on the internet that week. No matter what, I promise that each edition will be fresh and worthy of your attention.
- Find me on Twitter - @joshua_hornby
- Or over on LinkedIn where I post often frequently.
What is 6 Minute Software Development?
Welcome to 6 Minute Software Development. If you are a software developer or tech leader looking for quick tactics on how to improve your day-to-day job performance, this is the podcast for you. New episodes every Wednesday.