In this episode, Leo talks with Kevin Scott, Machine Learning expert about how to get started with Machine Learning and what are some applications for machine learning.
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
What is Machine Learning
- Teaching Machines to Predict Based On Data
- Having Machines Mimic Behavior
- Subgroup with Artificial Intelligence
How Developers and Companies Can Get Started
- Data Preparation
- “There's the joke that 80 percent of data science is cleaning the data and 20 percent is complaining about cleaning the data”
- Using Pre-Trained Models
- Using AWS SageMaker
- JS vs Python vs R vs Julia vs Swift
- The Advent of Server-Side Swift in ML
- Preparing Enough Data or Using Synthetic Data
- Using Augmented Data
What are the different types of Machine Learning?
- Statistical Learning using Structured Data
- Transfer Learning with Neural Networks
- Model Training
Examples and Usage of Machine Learning
- Predictions Based On Structured Data
- Sound Filtering
- Computational Photography
- Image Classification and Enhancement
- Health Care (while respecting Privacy)
- Augmented Reality
- Audio Transcription
Where And How To Implement ML
- Any Apps which use Rich Media (i.e. Image, Audio, etc...)
- Server-Side vs Client-Side
- Future of using ML with Text
- What's the future of Machine Learning
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
What is Empower Apps?
An exploration of Apple business news and technology. We talk about how businesses can use new technology to empower their business and employees, from Leo Dion, founder of BrightDigit.