In this episode, Adam continues his event sourcing discussion with Frank de Jonge from episode 85, going deep into how to actually implement event sourcing using Frank's library EventSauce.
- How to fetch and reconstitute an aggregate from its events
- Using generators to make it easy to transform event streams
- What it looks like to apply an event to an aggregate
- How to create events and what they look like
- Implementing a message repository for fetching events from storage
- How to raise events from inside your aggregates
- How to persist aggregates at the end of a request
- What it looks like to insert new events into storage
- Dispatching events to consumers to produce side effects
- Using event consumers to create and update projections
- Netlify, incredibly powerful static site hosting for free
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.