In this episode, Adam talks to Jonathan Reinink of Code Distillery about common API design challenges and how to fix them.
- Does it make sense to scope resources to the authenticated user or should you always use sub-resources?
- When to use nested resources and when to avoid them
- Strategies for dealing with actions that don't seem to fit into REST
- Breaking the mapping between your API and your database
- Using singular sub-resources and optional fields to simplify your responses
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.