Emma and Nate explore spring vegetable gardening so you can take full advantage of the cool months before last frost.
- Featured Question: Row Cover Frames
- Featured Plant: Garlic (Allium sativum)
- Gardening Tip: Harvesting Cool Season Vegetables
- When to start and plant your vegetable garden
- Using row covers in the garden
- Growing cool-season vegetables
- Growing Garlic
- Fertilizing vegetable gardens
- Garden mulches
- Cool Season Veggies with Becky Sideman on Facebook Live, April 19 at 6 pm
- Explore our other upcoming events for gardeners and homesteaders
What is Granite State Gardening?
Granite State Gardening is a University of New Hampshire podcast for gardeners, landowners and homesteaders in New Hampshire and Northern New England. Hosts Emma Erler and Nate Bernitz share proven tips and solutions for your garden and landscape, giving inspiration and research-based knowhow to cultivate confidence and success wherever and whatever you’re growing. Biweekly episodes feature plant recommendations, pest control advice and answers to listener questions, which are encouraged at email@example.com.