Apryl Pilolli is the head of innovation at Social News Desk. We discuss her long and varied career in news, how she got into social media, and the work she does today at social news desk. We also get into her tips and tricks for digital publishers to make the most out of their social strategies and whats working well right now on the platforms.
In this episode I picked her brains about everything social, and she gave some awesome perspectives.
- Are social platforms the enemy?
- The best ways for publishers to leverage social media to communicate better with readers
- How to use social to drive membership and subscriptions
- How native ads can work very well for the right brands
- The main mistakes publishers make on social
- The most important metrics to keep an eye on when it comes to social
- What the future holds for social media strategy
- Apryl's most improtant advice for publishers
What is Digital Media Growth Podcast?
The Digital Media Growth Podcast features leaders and experts in digital publishing - helping you stay on top of key industry trends while growing your audience and revenue. We interview experts each week who’ll cover how to deal with platforms, engage your readers, drive subscriptions and reader revenue and find new innovative ways to monetize. Brought to you by MobiLoud - the easiest way for publishers to create powerful native mobile apps.