Our panel talks with Baz Baruah about Profit First — a cash-management system for your business designed by author and entrepreneur Mike Michalowicz. We discuss using the methodology of Profit First to build a reliable business, being a freelancer versus a business owner, and Baz's journey to becoming a Profit First coach.
- Kai Davis
- Erik Dietrich
- Meg Cumby
- Clockwork by Mike Michalowicz (Baz Baruah)
- Hire a financial professional! (Meg Cumby)
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber (Erik Dietrich)
- Blog post series on being a business owner as a freelancer (Erik Dietrich)
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss (Kai Davis)
- Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss (Kai Davis)
What is The Business of Freelancing?
If you're a freelancer, then you're not just an expert in your field. You're also a business owner, responsible for everything from bookkeeping to marketing to customer satisfaction to business development.
On the Business of Freelancing, our panel of experienced freelancers discuss the issues that they have encountered while building up their business — and give you practical, actionable advice to take your career to the next level. We also invite expert guests to provide their opinions and perspectives on how you can better succeed in your freelance career.