Stephen explains asynchronous programming with async/await and TCP sockets in C#
Stephen Cleary is the author of the Concurrency in C# Cookbook and a Microsoft MVP. He has also written many blog posts on asynchronous programming.
- Why he calls manual thread creation legacy code
- Using Async/Await and the Task Parallel Library instead of Threads
- APIs to avoid when writing concurrent applications
- Why you shouldn't write TCP Sockets
- Continuously reading from a socket to detect errors
- Building state machines to manage socket connections
- Getting Started with Async/Await
- TCP/IP Sockets
- There is no Thread
- Concurrency in C# Cookbook
Music by Crystal Cola:
What is Software Sessions?
Practical conversations about software development.