In this episode, Adam talks to Edd Mann, host of Three Devs and a Maybe, about the advantages of using PostgreSQL over MySQL, common obstacles people running into when switching to Postgres, and deciding when to push work into the database instead of doing it in code.
- Laracasts, use coupon code FULLSTACK2016 for 50% off your first month
- Rollbar, sign up at https://rollbar.com/fullstackradio to try their Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days
- Refactoring to Collections, Adam's book
- Edd's Blog
- Partial Indexes
- Using JSON in Postgres
- Common Table Expressions
- Navicat for Postgres
- Bruce Momjian's homepage, recommended by Edd
- Explaining the Postgres Query Optimizer
- PostgreSQL Internals Through Pictures
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.