Last episode we dug really deeply into the ways that Haus built out their space in the liquor market. This time, Kristen and Helena talk about one of the biggest strengths of Haus: retention and customer loyalty.
From their new subscription component to their in-person community events, it's a conversation loaded with tactics, tips, and storytelling.
- The different kinds of alcohol shopping- impulse buyer vs loyal buyer
- What DTC brands can learn from the wine industry- here’s the thread Kris mentions
- How Haus uses events to build up community and loyalty
- The best subscriptions reward customers for behavior they already engage in
- Why Haus focused initially on large cities and gradually moved into smaller developing markets (Seattle, Portland, Denver)
- “Community is an amazing thing for us because, just from a brand perspective, we’re about getting together over a drink”
- Organic growth is much harder to predict, and retention is vital to creating predictable revenue
- “It’s not about the freakin’ drink- it’s about the things that happen over the drink.”
- Starting with metrics and moving into qualitative conversations with customers
What is Playing for Keeps?
Retaining customers has never been more important for eCommerce businesses. Join Kristen LaFrance, eCommerce retention specialist and head of community at Churn Buster, as she interviews guests from the top subscription businesses to learn how the best in the DTC space are retaining customers. If you're growing a subscription based business, running a subscribe and save program on your site, or just plain interested in hearing stories from the top DTC businesses, Playing for Keeps is for you.