This episode is a little bit different. Morgan and Sarah had the opportunity to have a conversation with some of the new Team Based Care Coaching Team from Doctors of BC. In this episode we share back their perspectives on the experiences they have had working as ‘at the elbow’ coaching supports in BC. The coaches share some stories from working with distributed teams and highlight a number of key elements in setting teams up for success including: Setting the foundation; building strong relationships and trust to enhance psychological safety in teams; focusing on communication and coordination; and developing role clarity. We had the chance to dive into a lot of these elements over the course of this season of teamup and it was so great to hear it all tie together in this conversation!
Thanks to our special guests:
- Erin Lutz, Manager, Practice Support and Service Delivery, Team Based Care, Doctors of BC
- Carleigh Reynolds, Team Based Care Coach, Doctors of BC
- Ruth Ann Robinson, Team Based Care Coach, Doctors of BC
- Lindsay Ferguson, Team Based Care Coach, Doctors of BC
Links to Resources
There are a number of great resources designed to support teams wherever they are at in thier journey. Check out Teambasedcarebc.ca where you will find searchable resources for patients, caregivers and family members; care providers an/or team members; planners, designers or improvers.
Many of the resources referenced by the team based care coaches can be found here: GPSC Guide to TBC
Setting the Foundation
- TBC Learning Series and PSP supports
- TeamUp Podcast S03 E1: What do we mean by distributed primary care teams?
Building Strong Relationships and Trust
- Team Up Podcast S03 E08 Pulse Check
- TeamUP Podcast S03 E02 Huddles
- Team Huddles (Resource)
- Team Agreements (Resource)
- TeamUp Webinar: Tools for Teams- Exploring Psychological Safety
Communication and Coordination
- TeamUp Podcast S03 E03: Case Conferencing in Distributed Primary Care Teams
- TeamUp Podcast S03 E05: Case Conferencing in distributed primary care teams
- TeamUp Podcast S03 E06: Handing Over Care within distributed primary care teams
- Teamwork and Communication Action Series
Creators & Guests
What is Team Up! Team-based primary and community care in action?
A podcast that brings together primary care providers, healthcare planners, patients, innovators and others to talk about the changes that are happening in primary care in British Columbia.