In Holland in the 1600s the price of tulips rose so much that a single bulb reportedly cost more than a townhouse on Amsterdam's grand canal.
Today we look at the real story behind one of the greatest bubbles in history.
Full transcript, key vocabulary, and bonus episodes available on www.leonardoenglish.com
- What is a tulip?
- Why are things expensive?
- Why were tulips so expensive in Holland?
- Why were some people in Holland so rich?
- How tulips grow
- Tulip contracts
- The greater fool theory
- When the market crashed
- What really happened
- Have we learned our lesson?
- (BONUS) How to not lose all your money in a financial bubble
Full transcript and key vocabulary available on the website www.leonardoenglish.com/podcasts/tulipmania
- Join the Learn English with Podcasts community: www.facebook.com/groups/learnenglishwithpodcasts
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com