To officially mark the third season of the Brand Design Masters Podcast, we’re kicking off with the perfect backdrop: Westminster Abbey in London, with its bells chiming in honor of Remembrance Day and a fantastic guest to boot: Roger Edwards.
- His 25-year career in “big corporate” marketing
- How digital marketing restrictions and the resistance to using it in corporate paved the way for him to take the leap into solopreneurship
- His view of technology giving rise to the mistake of confusing marketing with communication
- The two prongs of strategy that make communication effective
- Content being a long game: how he landed a consultancy project only after episode 89 of his podcast and how I waited two years before a YouTube video of mine went viral
- What he’s seeing on the horizon for branding and marketing for SMEs
- The three questions you need to ask yourself to formulate your core offer
- Being better than your competition vs. being different than them
- How embracing your own personality and building your own personal brand can help with brand differentiation
- Starting off communication with a question that is client-centric and other best practices in his website
- His personal mantra on simplification
Philip VanDusen is the owner of Verhaal Brand Design, a brand strategy and design agency based in New Jersey. Philip is a highly accomplished creative executive and expert in brand strategy, graphic design, marketing and creative management. Philip provides design, branding, marketing, career and business advice to creative professionals, entrepreneurs and companies on how to build successful brands for themselves and for the clients and customers they serve.
What is Brand Design Masters Podcast?
The Brand Design Masters Podcast with Philip VanDusen is dedicated to helping you build the skills you need to design bullet-proof brands - for yourself, your business and for the clients and customers you serve.
In every episode, Philip, his co-hosts and interview guests will share inspiration, ideas, trends and techniques that will lift you to greater heights as a creative professional or entrepreneur - so you can build a successful creative practice, business and personal brand in the Creative Economy.