In this episode, Adam talks to Ryan Toronto about his journey from being a full stack Rails developer to focusing on single page applications, and why application developers should be betting on UI-focused frameworks like Ember, React, and Vue.
- How modernizing a Flash app drove Ryan to start building SPAs
- How products are really just user interfaces to the end user, and why that means it makes sense to make the UI the core of your codebase
- Why the backend will continue to be commoditized and application developers will be spending more and more of their time in the UI
- What makes something a web app instead of a website, and why almost everything is actually an app
- Why application developers still need to write server-side code right now and what areas have the biggest room for innovation and improvement
- Cloudinary, sign up and get 300,000 images/videos, 10GB of storage and 20GB of monthly bandwidth for free
- DigitalOcean, get your free $50 credit at do.co/fullstack
What is Full Stack Radio?
A podcast for developers interested in building great software products. Every episode, Adam Wathan is joined by a guest to talk about everything from product design and user experience to unit testing and system administration.