Dave (GM): I'm just here to see justice done and wanna see Mary acquitted.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, well, mister Torrence, well, as far as I'm concerned, the whole thing was done legally and properly. I'm sorry to
Dave (GM): be here.
Jimmy Harlesden: And missus McGuinness is accused of, basically, attacking Lorwyn, going about their lawful business, which is what exactly what happened.
Marion Freeman: I've fallen for a woman, which is no bad thing. But there's complications. Like, I shot her mother.
Dave (GM): Many years ago, when they were first first started running, running trouble down in Las Vegas, up in Las Vegas, Torrance and Mary Davidson were an item. McGinn turned up. Lawless turned up. And, should we say took Mary's affections away from Torrance?
Marion Freeman: Maybe she isn't miss McGinn at all. Maybe she's miss Torrance.
Dave (GM): I'm Dave, and I'm the GM.
Marion Freeman: I'm Matthew, and I'm Marian Freeman.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, I'm Nathaniel Hawcock, part time, rancher and now the part time sheriff. What's the place called again? Junarda Springs. Junarda Springs. Yes.
Jimmy Harlesden: Tony, on my catch is Jimmy Harston, part owner of the Freeman Harston.
Dave (GM): That's what God is telling you to do then.
Marion Freeman: Is that worth a fake point for? Part? Faith point. Go on then. Have a faith
Dave (GM): point. Okay. Tone, what are you doing whilst all this is going? You look around Matt's gone, but doesn't look you know, like you disappeared in a puff of magic.
Jimmy Harlesden: So I've probably just sit here drinking and salty. I think I probably had enough whiskey there, so I'm just gonna get up and go for a walk down the harsh main street of town just to clear my head.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. Which way are you going, east or west?
Marion Freeman: Going towards the Lincoln Hotel. That's where he's going. And he got through his head up and down outside the Lincoln Hotel. So you have
Dave (GM): to waste the rest of your face points getting in the boat
Nathaniel Horcock: without being seen. How many face points have you got?
Marion Freeman: Back to, 3 now.
Nathaniel Horcock: 3. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, I'll probably go east first. That's kinda past the
Dave (GM): sheriff's office and then go back. Yeah. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. Where's the sheriff's office?
Dave (GM): It's east of where you're staying. So sheriff's office is down.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, alright. Okay. Fair enough. You're staying there. Yeah. Yeah. Fair enough. Mhmm.
Dave (GM): Okay then. Whilst you're at it, Matt, let's carry on with you then.
Marion Freeman: Okay.
Dave (GM): Go on to the Lincoln.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yeah. Torrance is there. He's in the dining room this time. He's just finishing up what looks like a hearty Sunday roast.
Marion Freeman: On his own or with his goons or how many of his goons?
Dave (GM): He's got,
Nathaniel Horcock: 25.
Dave (GM): He's got 3 of his mena with him. Okay.
Marion Freeman: I'm gonna go cap in hand. Yeah. Hat off. I'm I'm cutting it. I mean, by all means, make a performing role if
Jimmy Harlesden: you want to make a
Marion Freeman: performing role, but I am genuinely looking to him to answer questions. So I say, mister John. So I've I've
Dave (GM): bought Mister Freeman, is it?
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Yeah. Marion Freeman.
Dave (GM): You've you've reconsidered your your hasty departure of yesterday evening.
Marion Freeman: Maybe I have. There's something I need to know, mister Terence.
Dave (GM): If I can if I can help you in any way, I would be glad to do that, particularly if you you remember that friends help friends.
Marion Freeman: Well, I don't know whether I will be your friend after this. Let me tell you.
Dave (GM): Yeah. When you say that, you do these these men tense slightly, you know,
Marion Freeman: and Can we
Dave (GM): the direction of god?
Marion Freeman: Can we talk privately? It's a very discreet matter that you you may not want your your boys to hear.
Dave (GM): You'll understand that I'm a I'm a man of valor who's had a long life and has made a lot of enemies in that time.
Marion Freeman: If you need me to put my guns on the table here and go with you just somewhere safe, then I will. But, obviously, I don't think you're you're friends to hear what I'm gonna say.
Dave (GM): If you didn't mind, if if, you could leave your guns with with my men here and, just let them let them check. We could just take a little stroll out the back. Oh, my goodness.
Marion Freeman: So, I'm probably not carrying my Spencer Carbine, but I will unholster my walker.
Jimmy Harlesden: Have you
Dave (GM): got any other guns on you, Sydney?
Marion Freeman: You might have a Derringer that I'm being more discreet about.
Dave (GM): Which is where?
Marion Freeman: I want it to be up here. But it's not up there. No. I I can take that off as well.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Okay. You can see him. He says, he stands up, and you can see he does unhook his his own holster just to be, you know, on the safe side. And he then invites you out to the to the backyard.
Jimmy Harlesden: And then
Marion Freeman: It's a chance. You said you said that there's Scuttlebutt in town that you and miss Davidson, as she was, were were once lovers. And I'm gonna say this without any I'm not plotting this when I say this. Yeah. I'm not, like, trying to get anything out of him. I'm gonna say it just, you know, this is now my understanding.
Dave (GM): Make a
Jimmy Harlesden: make a
Dave (GM): insight roll.
Marion Freeman: Insight roll. That's 4 dice. I get a success.
Dave (GM): Okay. You don't see anything obvious. There's a slight flicker of his eye when you when you say that. But, otherwise, he his face remains entirely deadpan. And
Marion Freeman: I'm not trying to I'm not trying to undermine a case here. I just have a personal concern. It was, what, 20 odd years ago that
Dave (GM): Something like that. Yeah. Begin
Marion Freeman: Lawless died to you?
Dave (GM): Laulus died 20 or 25 years ago.
Marion Freeman: And when he when he died, I can't I find it hard to say, but
Dave (GM): just spit it out, man. Come on.
Marion Freeman: I I'm in a nascent relationship with miss Davidson's daughter, who is You're 24.
Dave (GM): You're Shagging, daughter of the man you killed and the woman you shot.
Marion Freeman: Well, that that's my point precisely.
Nathaniel Horcock: You know, it's the only kills.
Marion Freeman: I'm not I'm not gonna say that. I don't know. After all, that she's his daughter. And I need to know, was When you last saw miss Davidson, was she pregnant?
Dave (GM): I last saw her 20, I don't know, 25 years ago Thereabouts. I can't I don't remember the exact date. She went off with Lawless. I never saw her again until I, you know, found out that she was in you know, in outer springs? I did have some more dealings with Lawless. We had some, as you understand, business loose ends to tie up. But she as far as I know, she wasn't pregnant last time I saw her, but she and I were in a, yeah, a relationship that, had we been married, would have been blessed in the eyes of God if that isn't Yeah. We were we were like man and wife in every aspect other than being man and wife.
Marion Freeman: I nod. But you don't know. Why would you?
Dave (GM): You might have If if I thought she'd been pregnant
Marion Freeman: You'd shoot her more for the movie if you thought she had. Yeah.
Dave (GM): I would, I would have wanted satisfaction about the fate of my child.
Marion Freeman: Which is very satisfying. But and don't say that.
Dave (GM): I'm not Donald Trump. You know?
Marion Freeman: Are you not? So I I say, thank you. I I I I'm not sure how I feel, but I need So you to
Dave (GM): know So you think that Mary was pregnant when she ran off
Marion Freeman: with us? I don't know. No. I don't know. I just suddenly thought she might be and that her daughter might have a different father, one who's not lying 6 feet under. She doesn't like her mother much.
Dave (GM): Does she look did she look like her father?
Marion Freeman: Well, I don't know. Jim, you tell me.
Dave (GM): It's a
Nathaniel Horcock: fair comment. It's a really
Dave (GM): She didn't look so different that it was obvious that he wasn't her father. But she wasn't also, you know, a carbon copy female version of Donald McGuire at all.
Marion Freeman: She might might have been his daughter. I had no reason to suspect she wasn't until just now with what I've learned in this town. I think she hated him, and I think she hated her mother. She
Dave (GM): I wonder if
Marion Freeman: She came to me.
Dave (GM): She hated them because at some point, Mary told her.
Marion Freeman: Mary told her what?
Dave (GM): That that she wasn't Lawless's son. She
Marion Freeman: was Maybe. Mine.
Dave (GM): Son. Yeah. Child.
Marion Freeman: Daughter. Daughter. Daughter.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, just
Dave (GM): This possibly changes things.
Marion Freeman: Changes things how?
Dave (GM): If you'll excuse me, I need to go. And he walks
Marion Freeman: I need to.
Dave (GM): Quickly back into the thing and says a few words to his men. And one of them comes out, run just basically runs out of the Lincoln.
Marion Freeman: Okay. I am Gonna
Dave (GM): pause there.
Marion Freeman: Pardon me sorry. No. But I'm I'm just gonna go and pick up my guns. And I just wanna make really clear here that part of me really wants to plot and be cunning about this and collect evidence and all sorts of shit. That is not the mood my character is in at the moment. Yeah. And so I'm not doing anything, you know. I'm genuinely flustered by this realization. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Marion Freeman: Cool. Okay. He's fucking quiet. My little portable photograph has recorded the
Speaker 6: entire thing.
Marion Freeman: But no, sadly, I don't have a portable photograph.
Dave (GM): No. So yeah. Taylan, I guess you and Andy probably, you know, bumping into each other's Yeah. Out of a thing.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. So have you seen Freeman?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I don't know if it was.
Jimmy Harlesden: But he was.
Nathaniel Horcock: I left you 2 in the, Oh,
Jimmy Harlesden: so too many whiskies.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Alright.
Marion Freeman: So he's gone. Puppy dad. Probably
Nathaniel Horcock: be killed. He's most before he started the fight. Yeah. He is.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, you know what you mean?
Marion Freeman: He probably been murdered in cold
Speaker 6: blood by Thomas.
Dave (GM): Started a fight is what he said. Okay. As you're as you're kinda walking up here, a couple of people come out of the holy trinity Mhmm. Basically in a bit of a rush
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): And run down the road shouting for the sheriff.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, shit. Chat for the sheriff. Yeah. I'll start
Dave (GM): sprinting. They are they
Jimmy Harlesden: are they Torrance's goons or they just
Dave (GM): Nope. You don't they're just they're not people you particularly recognize.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, okay. I I just so I just well, just ask. So what what's happened to the
Dave (GM): And, as they were, they're running to the sheriff's office as yeah. They shouted. They ran past, There's trouble. There's trouble.
Jimmy Harlesden: And where the so where they went off? The The trinity.
Dave (GM): Holy trinity. The trinity. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. I'll spring up towards the trinity then.
Jimmy Harlesden: That means horse probably pretty weird. Yeah. Okay. Yeah. That's Yeah. Head into that territory.
Dave (GM): Okay. As you as you run closer, you can hear shouts and angry voices from inside. Yeah. Yeah. Matt, are you following
Marion Freeman: Yeah. In the middle of the days, no means yeah. So when he sent these people off to run off and murder the show, I'm I'm not to kill. I must go back and protect the show. Yeah. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. I'm ambling.
Dave (GM): So, basically, one of his men was sent. The other 2 were still with him.
Marion Freeman: Alright. Okay. Yeah. So you're I I picked up my guns, obviously, and I'm leaving. Yeah. I'm not really sure where to go.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. So what I'm concerned yeah.
Dave (GM): Okay. As you come into the to the bar of the Trinity, you can see Horst is in a very angry argument with 2 men. Mhmm. You recognize them both as Torrance's 2 of Torrance's men.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): And and they're kind of taunting him, and he's he's shouting out though angrily about how evil Torrance is, and Torrance should have always been in prison. And and they're saying you know, and he and he he's shouting at them, kind of threatening them, and they're like, come on then, old man. You're so you're so strong. You come on. Come on. Fighters. And his, you know, his hand is down by his gun. Jesus Christ.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. I think
Dave (GM): we're gonna pop into initiatives for this. Okay. Well, shuffled.
Nathaniel Horcock: So what's 6 then? So high which 3 scores which is lowest goes first?
Dave (GM): No. High goes first, but ace is high.
Nathaniel Horcock: Ace is high. Right.
Dave (GM): So king goes first.
Jimmy Harlesden: What is that?
Dave (GM): Which is the the goons, the 2 of them. And they're not really looking at the crowd. There's quite a lot of crowd. Mhmm. You know, they've they've moved back, so they're not in kind of the line of any gunshots. And they're and they're saying, yeah, you're you're an old fool. You should've stayed where you were. You can't insult us, and you can't insult mister Torrance and get away with it. And they are yeah. They're not drawing, but their hands are down by their guns.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Andy, it's your action.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Alright. Okay. Well, I'm just gonna is there an easy passage in in into the, yeah. What I'm saying, is it easy because do I have to push my way through to get to the middle or not?
Dave (GM): You have to push your way through. Yeah. But you can do that in one action.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Okay. I do it. Yes. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. So in between what's the the old the old chef's name? Horst. Horst and 2 good men. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: You can
Dave (GM): get in between them. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Right this way.
Marion Freeman: Enough. Use your presents. Use my I know. Hold on. Yeah. You use your presents. Yeah. I know. Your presents is 5.
Nathaniel Horcock: Perform, I won't be,
Marion Freeman: Your performance is 7.
Nathaniel Horcock: 7.
Marion Freeman: But And this is really, it's
Nathaniel Horcock: presence. His presence.
Dave (GM): It's probably presence in this situation because you're Yeah. Cheering.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): And you're you're what you're what are you saying?
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm just saying. I'm just gonna tell him to just say, really, Gracie, enough. Really. Alright.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Pull through them. I just hope it works. Mhmm. Oh, enough. Can you stop chatting to each other? Well, that's
Dave (GM): 16. 16. Did you wanna push?
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No. That move that you got.
Dave (GM): None of them at the moment seem to be listening to you.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Oh, god.
Dave (GM): So if
Nathaniel Horcock: I buy it off and push I've got 2, haven't I?
Dave (GM): So if you go down to 0 faith, then you obviously can't push. All dice that you roll, trouble dice count after a first roll.
Nathaniel Horcock: 1 dice. So like, we we roll all these 4 giga on it. Got 1. It was it's not the old system, isn't it?
Dave (GM): So, yeah. So you you keep your 6, obviously.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Now if you buy that off, you roll it again. If you don't buy it off, you don't roll it.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Okay.
Dave (GM): But if you get down to 0 faith, then Mhmm. You obviously can't push
Nathaniel Horcock: and Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And trouble dice are active straight away.
Nathaniel Horcock: Guys, fuck.
Marion Freeman: Don't follow it. Mhmm. Don't want it. Keep you always gotta keep a point of faith. Gotta have faith.
Dave (GM): So you can push, but just don't just take the risk of that.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. So just push these 3. Yeah. Solid.
Dave (GM): So that cost you one face, so you still got one
Nathaniel Horcock: left. Okay. If I don't buy if I don't buy it off.
Dave (GM): Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Oh, son of a bitch.
Marion Freeman: Thank you.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, I got 2 there.
Dave (GM): Two successes, but 3 fails. Three trouble. Okay.
Marion Freeman: Three trouble, mate. So Been there, Doug.
Dave (GM): With your 3 success your 2 successes, both of Torrance's men Mhmm. Kind of seem to listen to you.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): And, or certainly one of them does, the other one is kind of with 2 minds.
Nathaniel Horcock: Right. Okay.
Dave (GM): Horse is kind of foaming at the mouth, and it hasn't listened to a word you said. Okay. He rolled 4 stitches. Right. You need to roll a d 6
Nathaniel Horcock: on Just a little load. Load. Give me load, please.
Dave (GM): Column 3 of the trouble table.
Nathaniel Horcock: Give me load. Okay. Load. Give me a yell, please, please. 4. 4.
Dave (GM): Things are going badly wrong, and you can't cope. You need a turn to pull yourself together.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm not gonna. I've been there before.
Dave (GM): So, basically,
Marion Freeman: go on.
Dave (GM): This basically takes you out.
Marion Freeman: The landlady's picking another train. Go on. Run off.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, yes. I was imagining it. Kick it out of the way.
Dave (GM): No. But I'm not saying, so so you're basically out of this
Marion Freeman: You don't wanna write that into Paul. The landlady drops a tray train
Dave (GM): of stuff every because yeah. So you need a turn to pull yourself together.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay, Fran. That's fair. I suppose I'm looking look. Yeah. I'm I'm assuming I'm looking at a horse. He can shit seeing that he's mad.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: It must be
Dave (GM): But you're yeah. So it's gonna take you a turn to put yourself together.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): So basically, you're out of the scene, unfortunately. Almost It's almost like you're broken,
Nathaniel Horcock: but you're not broken. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Tony You
Nathaniel Horcock: still got one faith left. Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): So Tony, it's your action. You can see what's happened. Hawcock has has tried and has completely, kind of completely spooked himself by jumping in front of all these guns.
Jimmy Harlesden: I was gonna fish my way through, and I'm basically gonna grab horse by the shoulders and say, come on, horse. This is you've had enough now. Come with me. Come back to your hotel. Let's see. Yeah. 2 other the goons.
Dave (GM): Just gonna go. Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: There we go. There we go. I'll take it from here. I'll sort them out.
Dave (GM): Okay. Make a make a performing roll then, Tane.
Marion Freeman: How many dice do you have in performing? 5. Oh, I'm not bad.
Jimmy Harlesden: Well, I
Marion Freeman: don't But lots at once.
Jimmy Harlesden: I've gotta push. Yep. I'm not going off. It's
Dave (GM): not getting.
Marion Freeman: Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So I get a success and won the trouble.
Dave (GM): Okay. So roll keep 2,001 5th. Roll the trouble in time.
Jimmy Harlesden: That's just one
Dave (GM): Just one dice. Yeah. 3 dice. 3. Okay. You're confused, your mind goes blank, or you lose your train of thought. You suffer minus 1 to rolls right into the same issue for the rest of the scene. So I think that's gonna be minus 1. You can see kinda how disconnected he is behind his eyes. Can he get past there? So this is what you're doing in the real game as well?
Nathaniel Horcock: Going to the point. In the
Dave (GM): real world, ain't it? In the real game?
Jimmy Harlesden: In the
Dave (GM): real game. This is it's real life you're doing as well.
Nathaniel Horcock: Get off.
Dave (GM): Sorry. So you got 2 successes with 1 success. Okay. So, yes. So you're gonna be at minus 1 dice for trying to convince him or anyone to back to back down. He, he is still very angry, and wants to shoot the other guys. Okay. But he's restraining himself, just. So it's their action, the goons. One of them just shoves poor cockers out of the way, sheriff. And the other one is, again, shouting at Shouting at, Horst, trying to trying to make him react.
Marion Freeman: There's the other chef that was being called for when we,
Dave (GM): He's
Nathaniel Horcock: on his way.
Marion Freeman: Hasn't got it yet.
Dave (GM): So I think, Matt, if you're if you're looking, you can you can see that there is obviously some hullabaloo going on down at the I mean, it's a couple it's a couple of meters, but you can see there's something going on.
Nathaniel Horcock: Shooting started yet?
Dave (GM): Not yet. Okay. He's I'm
Marion Freeman: running up there. This this knocked me out of my
Nathaniel Horcock: Daydream or whatever it is.
Dave (GM): Yep. You'll You'll be a couple of rounds before you get there, but okay. So, yeah, he's tried to incite him, but he hasn't hasn't done a done a shot. Now we should have done renewed initiatives, shouldn't we? But we'll stick with this one for now. So your action, Tony.
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. So I'm still trying to drag Horst away, maybe a bit more forcefully now.
Dave (GM): Are you trying to physically drag him or I'm
Jimmy Harlesden: trying to physically Or
Dave (GM): you're trying to convince him still?
Jimmy Harlesden: But I'm staying calm this way, but I am physically trying to put him as well.
Dave (GM): Okay. So you can you can do one action to try and
Jimmy Harlesden: talk him
Dave (GM): down, and then your second action would be to try and grapple
Jimmy Harlesden: him. Okay. So you're talking first,
Dave (GM): Yeah. One, I'm just gonna dance down. Right?
Marion Freeman: No. No shit. Shit.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. It's not what he rolled. That's what I'm saying too. I'm not pushing that.
Dave (GM): Okay. He got 3 successes.
Jimmy Harlesden: What was that? I got one success. No successes and that one, so I'm not fishing.
Dave (GM): Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Who rolled that one, mate? Who's that?
Dave (GM): This was Horst trying to resist his blandishments. That's a swing. Yeah. Not Okay. So you you're gonna try and grapple him.
Jimmy Harlesden: Drag it. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yep. So that's fighter. We're fighting. Yep. And you're trying to grapple him, so I was trying to
Marion Freeman: or trying to
Dave (GM): pull him out
Jimmy Harlesden: of the room. Pull him away, basically.
Dave (GM): Right. Okay. Possible.
Jimmy Harlesden: Ah, 2 successes.
Dave (GM): Okay. Yeah. So you got one. So you're mainly you're able to drag him. Where are you trying to take him? I'm trying
Jimmy Harlesden: to take him basically out the door. So because he's staying at the
Dave (GM): Yeah. Banales. I'll basically drag him out out
Jimmy Harlesden: here and take him back to his room.
Dave (GM): Okay. Let's try and check about the front door of the, of the Yep. Okay. Yeah. As you're doing that, the guy, Matt, that you are following gets to the bar. You can see him running.
Marion Freeman: Oh, right. Hold on. So the 2 people arguing in the bar with Horst, neither of those were the man who Yeah.
Dave (GM): Who left.
Marion Freeman: And so sorry. I'm just getting this. So what I see is some kerfuffle happening at the bar. And am I seeing the man that was walking briskly to the bar, then running towards the bar?
Dave (GM): So he was he was running all the way.
Marion Freeman: He was running all the way. Oh, okay. Yep. Okay.
Dave (GM): And he you could see him disappear into the bar.
Marion Freeman: He was trying to stop the provocation that Inglis currently happening.
Dave (GM): In the bar? Not that
Marion Freeman: I know there's a provocation.
Dave (GM): One of one of Torrance's gooners basically barges in, pushes past you and think without even looking, and, shouts to the other 2, back off, back off. And they both like, woah. Okay. Take a few steps back and say, it's just an argument. What's sort of fuss about? And you managed to drag him out. So, Andy, you got pushed to one side whilst you're at the toilet. And so you're kind of like Mhmm. Crumpled in a corner.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. I've driven around this.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Struggling having
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. Yeah. That's fair.
Dave (GM): Having the situation. So, yeah, you arrive, Matt. Tony, you get horsed outside. He's very drunk.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm.
Dave (GM): He's still he's still kind of resisting and fighting you, but not strong enough.
Marion Freeman: So I see Tony in horse. I say, what happened? What happened?
Jimmy Harlesden: Of course, he got himself drunk. He got himself in a fight with some of Torrance's men. Just have to try and drag her out of there before it before somebody
Marion Freeman: Jimmy, stop going on about horse being drunk. Sorry, sir.
Dave (GM): He's not listening. He's in red red mist, completely east. He's still trying to, I fucking bastards. Are you talking to me like that?
Marion Freeman: But there were, what, 2 of Collins's boys?
Jimmy Harlesden: That's alright.
Marion Freeman: I then realized, I don't think there's gonna be any more trouble from them. And I turned the horse to say, I don't think there's gonna be any more trouble from them. And I'll try and persuade him, using my performing, which is shite, but I'll do it anyway.
Dave (GM): You can get a bonus dice and tone. Yeah?
Marion Freeman: Thank you, Tony. That brings you up to 5 double deck. Oh, double deck. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. But what do I know? Because I'm very uncertain about life in general. So so I don't know. I I'm just I'm really confused in my head, but I honestly don't think there's gonna be any trouble for them, but it's not working. I'm not able to convince them at all unless they
Dave (GM): No. No. No. He's still seeing seeing red.
Marion Freeman: Okay. So seeing that, I immediately turn my back on him because what I can't have is those 3 guys coming out of the hotel while he's still got his gun. So I go to the door and, stopping at the door just to see what's going on.
Dave (GM): Right. Okay. Yep. You can see Sheriff Hawcock kind of sat by an overturned table, looking a bit shocked and kind of, like, pulling himself pulling himself together.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Not me.
Dave (GM): The man you were following is talking to the other 2 Torrance men on the far side. They're all very calm now. And the sheriff turns up and runs out and says, what's all the what's all the fuss? He's talking to you because you're still holding on to
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, he's coming. He's fine. I'm I'm outside. Yeah. So I'm
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes.
Dave (GM): Yep.
Jimmy Harlesden: I said, well, first, I think there's a bit of a altercation. It's the there's the horse here was had possible water or any whiskies. I'm just gonna help him back to his hotel.
Dave (GM): Do you need a do you need a hand?
Marion Freeman: That
Jimmy Harlesden: might be welcome. He doesn't I don't know. He's
Dave (GM): he's, he goes Rufus. Rufus. He's all that keen to help, help sheriff Halston take, deputy Halston and Rufus Malcolm, the deputy you met before, comes over and helps you. And between you, he's quite easy to control. You're probably alright by now. Thank you. Just so you've just come and Yeah. Just just out of shock of the situation.
Nathaniel Horcock: It's famous with a bit of a human, I think. Yeah. Fair enough.
Dave (GM): And inside, they're like, it's all over now. Everyone sit down, have a drink. Oh, have a drink of water. No need to no need need for any more trouble. And the sheriff goes, sheriff Bakker goes inside.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. And
Marion Freeman: I was kind of again, I'm really confused, but I was determined that they're not gonna come out into the horse's gun. Yep. So when the sheriff, he he might have to slightly push past me.
Dave (GM): Right. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I'm I'm not stopping you. Now.
Dave (GM): Yep. No. Torrance is made of kind of chills. They're, you know, very calm now. And they're like, ah, it's just an argument. Drunk old man running his mouth off.
Marion Freeman: Right.
Jimmy Harlesden: And it
Dave (GM): all comes down?
Marion Freeman: Oh, well, you say it all comes down. Seeing me standing by the door, is the landlady gonna tell me I'm bad? Having dropped 2 trades on it, Sheldon.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I know. It wasn't.
Dave (GM): She hasn't noticed you stood by the door. They're too busy clearing up and making sure there isn't gonna be blood spilled. Mhmm.
Marion Freeman: But I'll sneak in the back way.
Dave (GM): You might need to apologize to her. You can see if you wanna get back in your room.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I suppose once the pool is, you know, I've got this shacking myself out of this out of my shop, come outside, and just see the video talking to chef, aren't you, and stuff like that?
Marion Freeman: Well,
Nathaniel Horcock: that's no. No. It was winding Horse. Horse up.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah.
Dave (GM): Oh, the Torrance man. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Torrance man. Yeah. So
Marion Freeman: yeah. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. I think that may have been a plot to turn into a gunfight to get horsed. Dead. At the very least, discredited, if not dead. I don't think Torrance is interested in doing that now.
Nathaniel Horcock: What is that then?
Marion Freeman: I need a drink.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Well, that's it. Yeah. But
Marion Freeman: I need a drink.
Dave (GM): And also Make a performing role to apologize to
Marion Freeman: Isabella Lopez. Piece with her.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. Alright. Okay.
Dave (GM): You can get a
Marion Freeman: you can get a
Dave (GM): well, I think you need you need to apologize.
Marion Freeman: Ah. But you can get I was telling him I'm a dice
Nathaniel Horcock: of help. You can
Jimmy Harlesden: get no.
Marion Freeman: You can get
Dave (GM): I'm gonna give you 3 dice of help because the 2 of you, your friends did run-in and risk yourself to try and break up the fight.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Marion Freeman: And I I explained to her, I I I I've had some terrible news that affected me very badly. Yeah. I'm still confused by it, but I still can't. I will spend a point of faith and apologize. Cost me, dear. Just a point of faith to go. Sorry. I'm not spending any more than that. Oh, for fuck's sake.
Dave (GM): You succeed though. I succeed?
Marion Freeman: Oh, no. Hold on. Yeah. Oh, no. That is still I don't that's sort of trouble, Dyson.
Nathaniel Horcock: All you got there then?
Marion Freeman: I couldn't have bought that off. Off.
Dave (GM): So you should have rolled the
Jimmy Harlesden: I should have rolled the other one. I thought one doesn't matter.
Marion Freeman: Ah, I could have
Dave (GM): rolled it. Yeah.
Jimmy Harlesden: The ones only match on the roller.
Marion Freeman: I succeed, but I score 3 points. K. Roll a trouble.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'll go down somewhere else for a drink then, doesn't it? Unless hang on.
Marion Freeman: Apologies. 6.
Dave (GM): Roll again because
Marion Freeman: that goes
Jimmy Harlesden: up and
Dave (GM): down. Your
Jimmy Harlesden: confidence is gone. You
Dave (GM): Your confidence is gone. You stutter and stumble and are effectively stunned for d 6 rounds.
Jimmy Harlesden: Ryan is possesses on a performing roll.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So I think basically what happens here is, you get the telling off of your life as if you're a 5 year old
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah.
Dave (GM): In front of everybody here, and she rants at you for 5 minutes.
Nathaniel Horcock: But you said, well, I get extra dice for actually trying to stick in my neck. Yes?
Marion Freeman: I get I've always exercised. Oh,
Nathaniel Horcock: okay. Bonus.
Dave (GM): She lets you stay, because you got your success.
Marion Freeman: She does successes.
Dave (GM): She does begrudgingly accept your apology, but she gives you a dressing down like you haven't had since you were a 6 year old by your angry mother. Mhmm. And everyone is laughing at you Oh, dear. In the whole place. Lucky you don't live here, I guess.
Marion Freeman: Yeah.
Dave (GM): But she'll let you stay. She'll honor your booking.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Well, I'll buy a bottle of whiskey and get it sit down at the table and pour a drink. Pour a pour a drink. You'll say that, certainly, but drink take it. Yeah. Thank you.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So Rufus Rufus says that he'll look after Horst if, you know, if you wanted to go back and
Nathaniel Horcock: I think they haven't gone either way.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. Make sure he gets.
Dave (GM): And he'll keep an eye on him.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, look at him.
Dave (GM): Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid before the trial. Mhmm.
Nathaniel Horcock: I looked at Martin Freeman and say, well, I can see that both of us have had a bit of a shock to our system then.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): A couple of minutes later, Jimmy gets back.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Marion Freeman: So I'm gonna say
Nathaniel Horcock: The poor dream, isn't it? Isn't it?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. What is
Nathaniel Horcock: What's obvious then?
Marion Freeman: 20 odd years ago, missus Davidson runs off with Lucky Lawless, soon to become mister and missus McGinn.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Alright. So you're
Marion Freeman: Gonyea McGinn, 24 years old.
Nathaniel Horcock: Mhmm. So, you you know, it's up trying to rob us. So so you're saying that you think that, she wasn't the daughter of lucky daughters?
Marion Freeman: Torrance's daughter. And I went to see him. And, gosh, I don't know whether he knows
Nathaniel Horcock: Right.
Marion Freeman: But he thinks it might be true. And he said that changes things. Mhmm. And he sent a man
Jimmy Harlesden: up to
Marion Freeman: the hotel. Fight. But up to this hotel, I'm saying
Nathaniel Horcock: And to break the fight up.
Marion Freeman: Up. To make sure that whatever was planned with the other 2 hoods of his and Horst didn't happen.
Jimmy Harlesden: So they were planning to provoke Horst
Nathaniel Horcock: And to
Marion Freeman: a fight.
Jimmy Harlesden: Justify killing it.
Marion Freeman: And, I am extremely confused by everything as my dice ruining shows. However, yes, I think that may be. What his intentions are, I have no fucking idea. Is, you know
Nathaniel Horcock: Can I have a well, when it's time, can I have a one thing, an insight role here?
Dave (GM): What are you wanting to
Nathaniel Horcock: As a character, not meta games
Marion Freeman: here.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: I wanna figure out that, therefore, if Torrance does think that Max Goverin is, in fact, his daughter, I'm gonna think my character's gonna suddenly realize that he'll put Scott obviously gonna come down to
Dave (GM): Granada Springs Springs
Nathaniel Horcock: and, start being a pain in the ass.
Jimmy Harlesden: I'm not sure it means
Nathaniel Horcock: he's gonna
Dave (GM): be He's need to make a roll. You could speculate that.
Nathaniel Horcock: Speculate. Yeah.
Dave (GM): May or may not. You don't know. They're not. But, it's not impossible
Jimmy Harlesden: if he thinks that.
Marion Freeman: I don't know. I mean, one thing I'm sure, he's a clever man, and he knows his story is blown. I told him that I used the word scuttlebutt about town.
Dave (GM): So, basically So
Marion Freeman: So I might have feared. Mhmm. Just in retrospect, I realized that I put horse in great danger since it was horse that told me he might have killed horse, given that's the only one that can tell that story.
Nathaniel Horcock: Story.
Marion Freeman: But maybe because I said scuttlebutt about town and he thinks everybody knows, then maybe that's what saved Horst's life. I I have no idea.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. But what you've also well, you must realize now that you've attracted another another father-in-law. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. But that's that's 2.
Nathaniel Horcock: And yeah.
Marion Freeman: You want to get rid
Nathaniel Horcock: of I
Marion Freeman: know he may have to be the best father-in-law.
Jimmy Harlesden: But you
Dave (GM): shot the first one. Got rid of him.
Nathaniel Horcock: I shot.
Dave (GM): Just get another one.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. You're right. That may have been a stupid idea, but, you know, it's what happened. I don't know what to do. Well
Nathaniel Horcock: I
Marion Freeman: do wanna point out I may just to say somebody getting murdered tonight.
Nathaniel Horcock: You were yes. Somebody's not. And, also, you may have made
Marion Freeman: What did you guys do? Nothing. I saw your words.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. You just attracted another fucking major. Got rid of one asshole, and then attracted another one. Oh, god.
Marion Freeman: No. This is the Wild West. I think we can categorically say we have proven in our adventures that the Wild West is full of assholes.
Dave (GM): Our Wild West is
Nathaniel Horcock: full of assholes.
Marion Freeman: I don't know why they didn't call it the
Nathaniel Horcock: Asshole West. It's the Asshole West. Well, yes. On the plus side, I just try and go very easy and quickly, so that means we can get back to the old back home and be ready when he turns up.
Marion Freeman: Invite him to the wedding. Yes.
Nathaniel Horcock: There you are. Yes. You can tell your your fiancee, oh, by the way, your dad isn't dead. Here he is.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. I'm not pleased about this. I'm especially not pleased about this because I don't think this is what Dave had planned.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I'm sure Dave's very happy.
Dave (GM): I'm enjoying money in the game.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): It's a pleasure so far.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm just gonna go back We've
Marion Freeman: just written, like, 3 extra scenarios for him.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm just gonna go back to the show's office and eat eat cake from Melon. Yeah. Yeah.
Dave (GM): That is me.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: So this has been a confusing day, and I have no idea how tomorrow is gonna turn out.
Nathaniel Horcock: I have another drink. I'm not a wizard.
Marion Freeman: But, yes, I will have another drink.
Dave (GM): Okay. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Well, I think
Dave (GM): Rufus Malcolm looks after Horst and keeps him under guard, makes sure he doesn't do anything stupid, and he slips off his, his his his whiskey. Yeah. The the the, the the holy spirit, what is it called, holy trinity Holy trinity. Saloon is a bit quieter in the evening than it had been before. And, you know, bit of bit of, you know, lively lively activities, seeing people go home earlier.
Nathaniel Horcock: Now this is where we come back to, yet again, to burning. Set it right. Do you
Dave (GM): wanna do anything else this evening before the trial tomorrow morning?
Marion Freeman: I think I think I want to get very drunk and then get carried to bed. Okay.
Nathaniel Horcock: Better than that.
Marion Freeman: Pretty much. You can do that? All that my state of mind can can That's
Nathaniel Horcock: fair enough. Yeah. Cool. Although after I
Marion Freeman: wanna be really tough because I don't wanna be lying in bed thinking what the fuck's
Dave (GM): going on. Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. What the fuck? Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Okay.
Dave (GM): Fine. Fine.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. But after a few more weeks, I'll just go and switch to coffee, but I'll start with him and drink, you
Dave (GM): know Yeah.
Nathaniel Horcock: Drink. What are you doing, boss?
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, I was just drinking
Dave (GM): as well. Mhmm. I might
Jimmy Harlesden: probably not start this
Nathaniel Horcock: in fact, at the end of the year, Armistice would be the only reason we saw it. I don't know if I can change.
Jimmy Harlesden: And just vague.
Dave (GM): How does
Jimmy Harlesden: the trial start tonight?
Dave (GM): It won't be too early, 10 o'clock. Yeah. But Josh doesn't like to go out a bit too.
Nathaniel Horcock: Even though. And then were they all drunk at home, tucked away happily, drunk in their little beds
Dave (GM): You're gonna kill them, mate.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm gonna go and burn Lincoln Hotel.
Jimmy Harlesden: What are you gonna burn now?
Nathaniel Horcock: Lincoln Hotel. Oh, no, sir. No. I'm not gonna burn it.
Dave (GM): With the Judge in it, with Torrance
Nathaniel Horcock: in it. Oh, I forgot about the Judge. You had to mention the Judge, didn't you?
Dave (GM): It's also owned by LG Murphy, who's like the, you know, the the biggest guy in town.
Nathaniel Horcock: Not not, when does old, Chisholm move in there then?
Dave (GM): I don't think Chisholm ever lived in Lincoln.
Nathaniel Horcock: No?
Dave (GM): He was a business partner of Tunstall and McSween. Right. He lived in Roswell.
Nathaniel Horcock: But he moved never actually moved in?
Dave (GM): I don't think he ever lived in Lincoln. Not that I've ever seen. Okay.
Jimmy Harlesden: He might
Dave (GM): have done, but I don't think
Nathaniel Horcock: so. Okay.
Dave (GM): But you've got basically, Murphy and Dolan are kind of one side. Mhmm. And then Tunstall moves in with McQueen, and kinda starts to try and muscle in on their monopoly on the beef contracts for the nearby Fort Stanton. Mhmm. And that was what basically kicked off the Lincoln County War. So they then murdered Tunstall, and then his regulators, the people he'd hired Okay.
Speaker 6: Let's just go out for a quick whaz, and the whole fucking thing can't do.
Nathaniel Horcock: You're sorry. You were pissed for a long time.
Dave (GM): You were so drunk. You woke up 5 years later. Okay. You wake up the Mhmm. The following morning. Under there's a there's a note that's been slipped under your door, Matt. Your door, Matt.
Marion Freeman: I don't notice it, because it's under the door. No. Okay.
Dave (GM): Under your door,
Marion Freeman: Matt. I pick up the note, read it with the sore head.
Dave (GM): It it just says, the bitch can fucking hang.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, dear. Oh, yeah. Mhmm. Not not yet. Oh, well, you've got a new phone and all.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. That's good news.
Jimmy Harlesden: Are you showing that The
Nathaniel Horcock: question we've asked.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Obviously. I'm sharing it with you. Yeah. So as I said, it all ends happily, and we go home.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Marvelous.
Dave (GM): Are you are you getting yourselves ready for the trial?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. Yourselves up.
Marion Freeman: I need some hair to the dog, obviously. Put
Jimmy Harlesden: trousers on that. Is there anything else I have to
Nathaniel Horcock: do? Not much.
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah.
Marion Freeman: That is a good point. I get dressed.
Dave (GM): Putting trousers on would be useful.
Jimmy Harlesden: Mean, I got myself taking them off last night, honestly.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Who unjust me? And who put me in these stockings?
Dave (GM): There are obviously certain parts of these recordings that we do not wish to be made public, That is one of them.
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, dear. Oh, dear.
Dave (GM): Yeah. I think we have them here so often, you just forget that they're here after a while. Oh, dear. Right. Anyway, with with in case Matthew does fuck up and doesn't edit that, deep deep apologies for anything inappropriate that has just come out. But we've but we've found it funny. Anyway, that says more about us, I guess, than anything else. Okay. So the prosecution, is up first.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): And the prosecution lawyer, mister Boyles. Boyles? Boyles? It's not Boyles? Oh, not
Nathaniel Horcock: for that. I don't either. Bowles. Bowles.
Dave (GM): Bowles. Bowles. Todd Boyle. My wife's name. Not Boyles. Bowles. He, he's he calls sheriff, Nathaniel Hawcock to the stand.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. I'm in Mexico now. Okay. Yep. I stand to the stand then.
Dave (GM): Well, actually, you're not the 1st witness. The 1st witness is, is Horst.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Is he in a state?
Dave (GM): He's he looks a mess, Mhmm. But he's you know, he hasn't had a drink this morning.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright.
Dave (GM): Thanks to deputy Rufus Malcolm.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, yeah.
Dave (GM): And they ask him
Marion Freeman: about Rufus can stop him from drinking. Why can't you?
Dave (GM): I think Rufus sat on him, I think. Alright. And they go over the identity of Jonah McGinn as Jonah Lawless. And and Horst gives, you know, reasonably clear testimony saying he's sure and he goes over his his experience. Yeah. So
Marion Freeman: just as I look back on that, is your man in the courtroom at all?
Dave (GM): Torrance.
Marion Freeman: Torrance.
Dave (GM): Can't see him or any of his men.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. What were they? Never mind.
Marion Freeman: Out of town? Yeah.
Dave (GM): Then they call,
Nathaniel Horcock: Back
Marion Freeman: to Las Vegas. Back to Las Vegas.
Dave (GM): I'm sure.
Marion Freeman: Not not to the United Springs. That would be a that would just be
Nathaniel Horcock: That would
Marion Freeman: really be that would be crass. That would
Nathaniel Horcock: be a cliche, wouldn't it? That would really that wouldn't piss me off at all. No. Not at
Dave (GM): all. I love the way you're trying to influence the GM in the how we might wrap up this scenario. Yes. Sheriff Nathaniel Hawcock.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. This is why I pulled up the thing if he wants to be able to do it.
Dave (GM): So this is gonna be a social conflict.
Nathaniel Horcock: Is it?
Dave (GM): Against you and the lawyer.
Nathaniel Horcock: Can I just suddenly shoot him?
Dave (GM): He says, so, sheriff Hawcock, under under what and whose authority were you deputized as a sheriff?
Nathaniel Horcock: I was, under the I suppose they're the town elders on the what what's his name? Who's is it a mayor? Who's There
Dave (GM): isn't officially a mayor.
Marion Freeman: The de facto.
Nathaniel Horcock: Defact the fact. Yeah. Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Garland Rayburn is Garland.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And and and mister Rayburn has the authority to appoint you as as sheriff?
Nathaniel Horcock: Yes. Not yet.
Marion Freeman: Well, it's more of a I'm sorry.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm not yet. Yeah. And I'm not I'm already back yet. Yeah.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. Yeah. I think you say a council of senior land owners.
Nathaniel Horcock: Yeah. It's good. Thank you. Hey. Hang on. My earbud isn't working here. My earpiece isn't working. Cupcakes.
Dave (GM): Crumbly candy bars. So the, how did you how did you come to, be in possession of the so called warrant for for, mister McGinn's arrest?
Nathaniel Horcock: I need to fuck. Let's see. Well, the 2 of the opposing, top fans just said they wanted to be the real real pain of nut. I'll try to remember the old scenario
Jimmy Harlesden: now, actually.
Marion Freeman: Do we get Yeah. Ketos?
Dave (GM): So Real life. No. So you got it was Samuel Crosby Crosby. Was aware of it, and he sent to Las Vegas, and they sent the
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. So you got you got it from me.
Marion Freeman: Aware of suspicion.
Dave (GM): You got it from the sheriff's office in Las Vegas.
Nathaniel Horcock: Vegas. Yeah.
Dave (GM): What was your relationship to mister McGinn?
Nathaniel Horcock: My relationship? I'm gonna make a role here.
Dave (GM): Not yet, but you will in a moment.
Nathaniel Horcock: We really hated each other. I suppose we were both, on ranches. Is that yeah. We were. I suppose right here.
Dave (GM): And did you did you ever act against mister McGinn's interests or against his family prior to becoming so called sheriff of you in Outer Springs?
Nathaniel Horcock: In fact, my what? Should I say? It? It's a dude clan. Oh, Trying to think here.
Dave (GM): Did you wanna make a insight throw, Andy?
Nathaniel Horcock: What do
Marion Freeman: you want, mate? No. Andy. Andy, sorry. Yeah.
Dave (GM): This is against this is basically the conflict with the with the lawyer in the court.
Marion Freeman: Shit. Lawyers are getting all loads of sixties, aren't they?
Speaker 6: What? They're fucking what the fuck is that wrong? Fool. Fuck. You don't just give up now. Yeah.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Make it real
Marion Freeman: say don't push this.
Nathaniel Horcock: No. No.
Dave (GM): So make an insight roll, Andy, with however many insight dice you have.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay. Fucking hell. Well, I'm not gonna put it in that. Got to
Dave (GM): k. Andy, you you you lose 4 points of cunning.
Nathaniel Horcock: Oh, really? Oh, I've broken.
Dave (GM): Yeah. Because he's beaten you by 4. Oh.
Nathaniel Horcock: Whose idea was to do this social conflict?
Dave (GM): Okay. You're broken on that.
Nathaniel Horcock: I'm broken. Yeah. I'm broken. Okay. So I jump across the thing and try try
Dave (GM): No. It basically means that your your testimony Is
Nathaniel Horcock: void.
Dave (GM): Is is no. No. It's not void in the slightest, but it's it's not powerful for the prosecution.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Okay.
Dave (GM): It's you you basically, the the lawyer has has has run rings around has performed so well that he's cast out upon
Jimmy Harlesden: not only
Dave (GM): the legitimacy of your appointment as a sheriff, but also the, the legitimacy the legitimacy of the warrant.
Nathaniel Horcock: Alright. Yeah.
Dave (GM): And then thank you very much, sheriff forecock.
Nathaniel Horcock: Okay.
Dave (GM): You may stand down. The day the prosecution calls, Marion deputy Marion Freeman.
Marion Freeman: Make making my way to the stand. My 5 trouble does.
Nathaniel Horcock: Not much better performance, Dustin.
Dave (GM): Mister Freeman, under what authority were you deputized?
Marion Freeman: Under the authority of Sheriff Hawcock.
Dave (GM): Who are we so this is so obviously, this is the defense cross examination.
Marion Freeman: Oh, okay.
Dave (GM): You are giving your evidence first, but then the defense is cross examining it.
Marion Freeman: And for the township, the the the nascent township of Johnarda Springs.
Dave (GM): And as we've already seen, there is some doubt over the authority of of sheriff Hawcock's appointment. So, clearly, there is some legal doubts over the over the validity of your deputization. Excellent. Okay. We shall move we will move on. Did you serve the warrant or did sheriff Hawcock serve the warrant clearly and openly to mister McGinn?
Marion Freeman: Yes. He did.
Dave (GM): And how how did he do that?
Marion Freeman: By knocking politely on the door, by requesting that mister McGinn come out of the house unarmed and hand himself over for arrest and trial.
Dave (GM): What was your relationship with mister Begin before this situation occurred?
Marion Freeman: Not unpleasant. Mister McGinn was one of the
Nathaniel Horcock: there are
Marion Freeman: a number of powerful families in, the the the council that that that made that that decided they needed a sheriff and recruited sheriff Hawcock, let's begin, sat on that council. We were newcomers to the town, so I don't know that we'd really formed a relationship with them that you could call a friendship or or otherwise.
Dave (GM): Did you ever act against his interests?
Marion Freeman: I have to say that there were, on occasion well, I think mister McGinn had been less than honest, but I didn't put any didn't pay them any mind, really.
Dave (GM): Make a insight roll, Pete, mate.
Marion Freeman: Yeah. That's not working. How many successes does
Dave (GM): it have? 3. 3.
Speaker 6: For facts.
Dave (GM): Please don't. Never rolled as well when I'm the bloody player.
Marion Freeman: Have you
Jimmy Harlesden: rolled a success today?
Marion Freeman: I've never rolled a success first die. I did. At some point, I rolled 4 dice and got 2 successes in a thing.
Nathaniel Horcock: So let let's see now.
Dave (GM): Did you
Marion Freeman: get any successes? I got no successes.
Dave (GM): Okay. So lose 3 points of cunning.
Marion Freeman: Well, that's me out.
Dave (GM): Did that break you? Okay. We like to call, deputy, James Harlston to the stand.
Jimmy Harlesden: Oh, what
Dave (GM): do I have to?
Jimmy Harlesden: Okay. I'll go to
Dave (GM): the stand. Mister Halston, what was your relationship to, to to mister McGinn?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. It was minimal, to fairness. We were in each other, but have not particularly had many dealings.
Dave (GM): And did you ever activate mister Beginner's interest? Not that I remember. Yeah. Yeah. Am I right in thinking that you had a had an older brother?
Jimmy Harlesden: Yes.
Dave (GM): What was your brother's name? William. And am I right in thinking that that William, is is sadly no longer with us?
Jimmy Harlesden: That is correct.
Dave (GM): How did your brother die? He was shot in our fight. With whom was he fighting? So I have character.
Jimmy Harlesden: This is the was it the Tannehill?
Dave (GM): This is the Tannehill. Yeah. Who'd after you'd shot Gus Tannahill, who worked for Yeah. McGinn, his brothers and cousins came to take revenge.
Jimmy Harlesden: Yeah. So it was a Tannehill family who had a disagreement with my brother.
Dave (GM): And the Tannehill family or at least some members of them were close friends or or workers, of of mister begins. Is that correct?
Jimmy Harlesden: I believe so.
Marion Freeman: None of the Turner Hill sorry. No. But none of the Turner Hill family who, shot your brother were workers for mister McGinn. Sorry. I don't know whether that counts, but you don't need to say that family. They came from out of town, didn't they, to kill your brother? Sorry. I'm I'm not an advocate here. I'm just pointing at that stuff that you would know.
Dave (GM): If members of the if if if people in the public gallery could refrain from freaking, says the judge. That'd be great.
Marion Freeman: Quivering here with no cunning. I can't
Dave (GM): even Yeah. You're not yeah. You're not saying anything. I put it to you, mister Halston, that you had a personal grudge against mister McGinn, and that you murdered him and tried to murder his wife and family. You should be on trial here, mister mister Haldon. Not Mary and not Murphy McGinn.
Marion Freeman: The music is old west game by Stu Venable used with kind permission of the angry folk media empire.