Comedian and Anime Expert Lisa Wallen joins the boys to discuss the real cost of Japan's potential school calendar change: rendering cartoons out-of-date. Plus: Yeah, Amabie pictures ward off sickness, but are they SEXY enough?
- Gaijin Entitlement
- What Level of DuoLingo you'll need to pass the Japanese Bar Exam
- Where to look to find a good introduction to anime
- Why child care providers can't catch a break
- What a streamer looks like
- The difference between eh-nih-may and ah-nih-may
- The epicenter of the virus
- Who's grosser, Americans or Japanese people?
- The best season to visit Japan, in terms of body odor
- The number of seasons Japan has
- The number four
- An all-girl high school that is also guns
- How a calendar change for the Japanese school year would make it easier for foreign exchange students in both directions
- The potential costs/drawbacks to changing the school year to an August start
- The fiscal year and budgets and stuff
- How education is actually all about revenue
- Anime tropes being dependent upon seasonal imagery
- Why NOT going to school in America is a great way to not get shot
- Whether or not sex toys are essential
- Which microphones FEEL the best when you put them inside you
- The origin of Amabie
- The sexual appeal of Amabie
- The belief in the protective value of the omamori charms, as compared to the blood of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and/or ingesting bleach
- The 1920 Spanish Flu
- How hot beaks are
- How boredom leads to weird fantasies
- JBRC's influence on world governments
- Animal Crossing
Have something you'd like to say? Send us a fax at japanbyrivercruise.com
or Tweet to us at @jbrcpod
What is Japan By River Cruise?
Stand-up comedians Bobby Judo and Ollie Horn purport to report on the Japanese river cruise industry each week.