This episode was recorded at and is sponsored by THE HUB COWORKING. My guest, Akeem Beckford (@KEEM.876) and I, discuss the dos, don’ts, habits, pet peeves and everything in between, of SOCIAL MEDIA.
In this episode, I discuss the dos, don’t, habits, pet peeves and everything in between of social media, with student, Akeem Beckford (http://instagram.com/keem.876, http://twitter.com/keem876. We discuss:
- The current Social Media platforms - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Whatsapp
- Preferred platform and why?
- Who still uses Facebook?
- Instagram characters - thirst trappers, trollers, memers, quouters, silent haters etc
- Various Instagram behaviours and habits
- Block and Delete
- DM Sliders
- Sequential pic liking
- Follow Unfollow
- Under heart tab - The ‘Following’ vs the ‘You’ tabs. Which is your default?
- Whatsapp Statuses
- Other people sharing moments that aren't theirs or that they weren't asked to share.
- The security of youth on social media.
- Detoxing from social media
- Technology challenge - Which platform would u use to :
- Tell an emotional story
- Thirst Trap
- Nude pic
- Make an intellectual statement
Artwork Photo by Tiffany Lue Yen Photography.
What is Talk Truth with Mario Evon?
Medical Doctor, TV Host and Reggae-Soul Singer/Songwriter, Mario Evon, takes you on a uniquely Jamaican journey through a non-conservative, honest space created to allow his truth, and the truth of others to set them free to grow, laugh, learn and prosper.
From relationships, inspiration, sex and sexuality, to the ins and outs of entrepreneurship; In this space, we speak candidly about almost anything, with the intention to inspire, educate and entertain (‘Inspir-Edu-Tainment’), and create a fair and balanced space where your truth shall become your power. This is TALK TRUTH.