Budget season is coming up, we'll give you a preview. Plus, a new task force on homelessness and an update on urban national park. Two new councillors make their introductory debut on this episode: Anne Stevenson and Jo-Anne Wright.
- News Release: Protecting vulnerable Albertans this winter
- Alberta announces $21.5 million to help homeless, domestic violence shelters this winter
- Enough beds expected in Edmonton's shelter system this winter following $21.5-million investment from Alberta government, Commonwealth Stadium to open as 24-7 shelter
- News Release: Task force to develop homelessness action plan
- Earlier: 'Significant gap in services:' City of Edmonton anticipates need for 350 additional shelter beds heading into winter, Sohi calling on province to fund Commonwealth Stadium 24-7 shelter
- Earlier: 'We are facing a crisis:' Edmonton shelter occupancy hits 97% as province poised to announce additional funding supports Wednesday
- Earlier: Edmonton shelters wait for province to step up as funds dry up
- City of Edmonton proposing 1.8% property tax increase for 2022, projecting COVID-19 shortfall of $96.7 million
- Keith Gerein: Eager new council should avoid making waves while diving into Edmonton's budget
- City Council Non-Statutory Public Hearing - Budget - Nov. 29, 2021
- City of Edmonton reverses decision to privatize bus cleaning, saving more than 100 jobs
- Edmonton to move forward with exploring a potential national urban park
- Parks Canada to consider Edmonton-area river valley for national urban park network
What is Speaking Municipally?
Taproot Edmonton presents a weekly discussion on key stories in municipal politics. We pay attention to City Council so you don't have to! Join us as we delve into conversations about the context surrounding decisions made at City Hall.