Jeff: Welcome to Fragophilia. This is Jeff.
Jane: This is Jane.
Jeff: And we're happy to be back. Beautiful weather here in Texas. We had some rain, and it's kinda cooled down the temps a little bit, and you know, puts a little pep in my step. How are you feeling? You got your hair done today.
Jane: Yeah. I did. And actually, I smell like baccarat rouge because my hairdresser put some kind of hair product in my hair that had some baccarat DNA in it.
Jeff: Well And
Jane: I love how my hair looks, but I can't wait to wash this out of my hair.
Jeff: Yeah. It's, I don't really smell it. It looks great. Color looks fabulous. And I mean, it's not like your niece color red.
Jane: Oh, yeah. My little red headed niece was like a a Muppet style wig of red hair even though she's only three weeks old.
Jeff: And she is adorable. I'm lucky to I haven't held her yet. I'm still No. I haven't. I haven't. Well, every time I go over there, she's like eating or sleeping. So
Jane: hungry.
Jeff: Yeah. But that's nice. Do you know what the hair product was?
Jane: No. I have no idea.
Jeff: No. Yeah. You were saying it's funny how once something becomes part of the the zeitgeist or the the lexicon of escape. Fragrance. Yeah. It's it gets injected into everything. I wanna give a little special shout out because there's two ways to my heart when it comes to a perfume company. One, make really good perfumes, and two, send them to us with personalized notes. Right away, kindly gifted us full bottles of the, outer realm and rising sun.
Jane: That was such a wonderful surprise. Thank you so much right away, because on the last two episodes, I think we talked about their new release waterfalls two episodes ago. And then in the last episode in the game, I threw in rising suns to see how you felt about it because I was about to buy it.
Jeff: Yeah. Which, I mean, from the get go. When they sent us waterfall, we both love that, but they sent us samples of each of the other two, and you were immediately like, this is a must buy. I can't wait to buy Rising Sun.
Jane: It's the most beautiful, like, tobacco, sandalwood, and orange, and it's very, very delicate.
Jeff: It's really good.
Jane: Yeah. I I wore that today. Yeah. That was excited. That was so sweet of them.
Jeff: And I wore Outer Realm a little bit today as well, but I actually started my day off wearing Serotonin Spritz by L'Epak, which is their new release, and I kinda love that one too. It's real stemmy green and dewy. There's some nice floral notes, and there's some sweet touches in the base, but I did not expect it to be that. It's kind of in contrast to what I would assume, like
Jane: a summery vacation type perfume, especially with spritz in the name.
Jeff: I expected it to be a little, you know, kinda sweet cocktail and maybe a little fruity. And, you know, when I think of, like, being on the beach or outdoors, I don't want, like, sugary stuff because it just makes me think of, like, bugs or being sticky, and that's just kind
Jane: of gross to me.
Jeff: And this is the opposite. So elegant and pretty. And like I said, it's so, like, green at times that it just kind of feels very lively. And I don't know. I think that's a
Jane: I love serotonin spritz too. And I have to say, while I was wearing it, it reminded me of another perfume that I've been wearing a lot lately, which is What's the one I bought you?
Jeff: La Nuit.
Jane: No. The one I surprised you with from the the house eighties de Venustas?
Jeff: Oh, Signature. Yeah. It does. Yeah.
Jane: Yeah. Reminds me of Signature by eighties Dave Vnustas, which they're not really similar, but it's that kind of really well balanced, juicy, fruity, light summertime wear that just feels really good.
Jeff: Yeah. And I feel like much like that one, it kinda it never stays in one little pocket for too long. It kind of blends between the the areas of it. In the note list, there's, like, grapefruit and pink pepper and pomelo zest. It's got tequila, thyme, geranium, gassis, and then like this watery musk. It's definitely like dewy, but it's not like sea water,
Jane: I which have I to say I love that tequila note in it. Mhmm. And we've been trying several perfumes lately that have tequila notes, and it works beautifully.
Jeff: Yeah. Yeah. I I I like that more than, like, the rum notes and things like that. It sounds it's it's more woody and sharp and kind of
Jane: Some Some of those boozy perfumes. I know there's that one by Nudaplorum. What's that company?
Jeff: Oh, Nasamoto or
Jane: Bara Bara Onda. That one smells like if I smell Bara Onda, it smells like you were on a bender last night. Yeah. But serotonin spritz, it just smells fresh. Like, you would never think that you smell like booze. It's just kind of, like, really balances the grapefruit beautifully.
Jeff: Yeah. And I just I I mean, eventually, it just kinda gets in this kind of almost like a long and long kind of floral to me. So it's I don't know. I I really enjoyed wearing that. It was a great morning wear because it was still kind of like felt like it could have stormed. It was a little humid outside, it kind of, I don't know, gave me a little zest of life.
Jane: You said it gave you Barb and Star vibes. Yeah. What do movie, and Star Go to Vista Del Mar.
Jeff: Well, I I said it I said it feels more of like a a European summer beach side, a little bit more than I would say, like, a Barb and Star Florida, you know, resort that you're sitting by the pool two miles from the beach.
Jane: You just have to say Barb and Star, and I'm sold.
Jeff: And other new perfume news, I finally received my Father's Day present.
Jane: Which was La Nuit Tombe by Serge Luton. I ordered it from JoMa shop for their Father's Day sale, and it took ten business years to get here.
Jeff: Yes. That's it. It took yeah. It took a little over four weeks, but, and we didn't know what to expect. It's I mean, when was the last time we bought a new Surge perfume?
Jane: Because it came out last year. Right?
Jeff: Yeah. Yeah. It was their new release last year.
Jane: All I knew, I think on their website, it's like cypress, cedar, incense, and patchouli. So it's like, you know, it's Surge. It's like our all of our favorite perfume notes in there. So I figured it was a a safe line buy. What do you think?
Jeff: I I love it because you always wonder yeah. We've talked about this before, you know, like bands or directors or something. Sooner or later, the you know, what made you great starts to kind of like run out or you're just kinda churning out stuff.
Jane: And I don't know. I mean, I'm
Jeff: sure you can make arguments that that that's the way it is now, but it's like, Shell the Shell Drake surge team has been doing perfume for so long now and due to their distribution and, you know, ish situation, it's not as prevalent as it once was, like when we were first getting into surge fifteen years ago. But I would say this is I'm extremely pleased with it. It has touches of the perfumes we love, whether it be a Fumarie Turk or Fianna Ghee a lot because it has that kind of like green and spicy. Geez, you just sprayed it right now and it's just like, it smells so good. It has some kind of body stank to it as well, but
Jane: it's real
Jeff: faint compared to others in the line.
Jane: It has that, you think it's faint? I think it's pretty bombastic.
Jeff: I think it it comes out when you first spray it. It's like, oh, it has, like, curling.
Jane: But it settles down nicely. Yeah. I I do feel like it has that boozy spiced dried fruit thing that so many of the Sheldrake compositions had.
Jeff: Mhmm.
Jane: So it feels like nostalgic, a nice return to form. I think this is obviously pandering to those customers, the search customers who got on board a long time ago, and it's nice. I'm I'm really happy with it. I will say I give an eight out of 10.
Jeff: Which is still pretty high.
Jane: It's still it's it's excellent. I'm so glad to have it, and I will wear it a lot. I think I was hoping it would be a little bit more patchouli forward and less like intense inky incense. By the way, I just wanna say the juice is like black. This would certainly stain
Jeff: your shirt. It's like Runholtz Mars Yeah. 20 whatever.
Jane: It's one of the darkest juices I've ever seen.
Jeff: And it's surprised I've worn it quite a bit this week, and I haven't noticed it. I wear a lot of white t shirts. I haven't noticed it stain anything or get on there. It it hits pretty clear as far as I'm I know, but it does not look like it would.
Jane: It's described as a sheep on Serge's website.
Jeff: Yeah. Don't
Jane: How do you feel about that?
Jeff: I don't I don't get that necessarily. Here's the the two things that I would if I had to follow the line that you're going with with, I was expecting it to be a little bit more incense y, and I I feel like it's there, obviously, but I don't feel like it's that incense y. And I expected it to be a little heavier and it kind of just lives on you for a little bit and it kind of goes away after about two, three hours. It's kind of a light wear considering what we're talking about, you know, patchouli, incense, you know, you talk fianna ghee and kind of like smokier notes and things like that. It does kind of fade into the background a little bit. It does kind of pop up here and there, but I expected it to be a little heavy. So if I had one complaint that would put me in the seven to eight out of 10, it would be like, I was hoping it would be a little heftier. Like, even, you know, I can wear Lorphalin even it's like, will smell that all
Jane: day long.
Jeff: If I wear a PND, I'll wear it all, you know, I smell it all day. If I, you know, feed to Berlin, a lot of the surge that we have, it's like, those are full day wears And I feel like this is considering how dark it is, how the notes are dark as well. It's kind of like a three hour tops.
Jane: That's fine with me. Yeah. But yeah, I I I agree with that assessment. But you know, I think like for Father's Day, why not go back to Papa Serge?
Jeff: Yeah. I'm yeah. I'm very, very pleased. I'm very excited. I'm excited that we can get a Serge perfume and it be exciting, you know, it'd be just we're Surge people and it's like, you know, you still
Jane: Yeah, that'll always
Jeff: be pull out
Jane: some hoops. It's literally the house that got me into perfume.
Jeff: Yeah. So, thank you very much for that Father's Day gift. That's wonderful. You got a new hair perfume.
Jane: I did. Yeah. I I we were bopping around North Park, and we went into Diptyque actually to smell, what's the one that Michele talked about? Lombre. The it's the it's like a black a Casise Rose perfume.
Jeff: Yeah. I
Jane: can't remember the name right now. But
Jeff: Slambre. Yeah.
Jane: I can't remember. One. I can't remember the full name. But while I was there, I have been a big fan of the hair perfumes that they've been doing. I have Eau de Sans, and I wear that quite a bit. Shout out to our friend who recommended that I try Yeah. Yeah. Thank you, Rebecca. That, you get a lot of payoff for a hair perfume, and I think it's like they're $80 now.
Jeff: Yeah.
Jane: Yeah. So we were talking with the sales assistant there who recognized Jeff. We were talking about some of the perfumes, and he's like, oh, do you guys know Maison Dettos? And we're like, yeah. We we actually do know them. And he's like, oh, you look like that guy in the advertisements.
Jeff: Yeah. Which still go.
Jane: They're everywhere. You're inescapable.
Jeff: It was the first time that it has happened. And quite frankly, I think the first time it's I mean, usually when we go somewhere and someone's getting recognized, it's always you. So it's it was kind of funny and I enjoyed it and Henry got to see it and it's fun to be able to like, oh, that's it. That act actually is me. But I was watching a YouTube video on, like, web development stuff the other day and it popped up on me.
Jane: I I see.
Jeff: And it's like, didn't even know it was being fed to YouTube. It's like, all of sudden, you're confronted by yourself from, like, three years ago. It's like, oh my god. What is this?
Jane: I know because we filmed that, like, oh, yeah. We'll we'll do a quick video. Yeah.
Jeff: Were in the old house. Like
Jane: We're hounded by it.
Jeff: Yeah. It was it was early days. So
Jane: Okay. But I do want to shout out, you know, we had Serotonin Spritz by Le Poc. That's a, you know, a Texas brand, a new release from a Texas brand. Texas hero, Megan Thee Stallion has a new perfume out called Hot Girl Summer, and she created this in partnership with Coty. And it sold out. I I think it might be a while before we are able to get our hands on it. I love Megan Thee Stallion.
Jeff: I know
Jane: you do. Would love to smell this. Let me just describe what the notes are on the website. Coconut milk, an orchid accord heart finishes with vetiver, a creamy floral composition with a warm earthy dry down. That's vague, but coconut milk is a strong strong smell.
Jeff: Yeah. I mean So I'm
Jane: guessing it's like a summery hot girl summer.
Jeff: Sounds like something you would wear to the Barb and Star Resort in Florida at the pool two miles from the beach.
Jane: Is my Barb and Star vacation. We need to look into this.
Jeff: Yeah. I mean, sure. Let's do it.
Jane: That would be so fun.
Jeff: We need to get one of those, like, vacations where there's just, like, the pit you put the kids in and there's some poor hotel staff person that's gonna, like, monitor the kids. And that's part of the all inclusivity.
Jane: I I want, like, a corny vacation that's like a cruise, but I would never go on a cruise. Like, would I would have a panic attack on a boat immediately. Like, that's I we're both very claustrophobic. And
Jeff: I'm I'm not claustrophobic, but I I feel
Jane: yeah. Sea is not for me.
Jeff: Yeah. That's so there's too much out there. If I see endless sea I'd freak out. Kill me then. You know, just put me find where's the hook that I hang the rope because I'm going there.
Jane: I think we're we're looking for, like, maybe, like, some kinda old person resort y
Jeff: That's what
Jane: I'm looking for. Okay. We'll we'll we'll look into this. Yeah. I wanna be wearing Barb and Star Summer.
Jeff: Yeah. Sandals, you know. I want I've been putting on the the the button up shirt and I kinda misaligned the buttons and
Jane: some erroring pictures.
Jeff: Want a
Jane: buffet where I will get sick.
Jeff: That's how I will
Jane: That's just America now.
Jeff: That is America. You can't even eat greens for god's sakes. They don't even want us eating vegetables anymore.
Jane: We're having friends over for dinner this weekend, and we're having to plan a diarrhea virus free venue. Love it here.
Jeff: Yeah.
Jane: Okay.
Jeff: Then, you know, as promised, we talked about last episode that we couldn't believe that we didn't talk about the Corinne Reitfeld perfumes, And I feel like now's our chance. I have them right here. Now we don't have all of them. We have five of them. We have Corinne, which we've talked about quite a bit and we love. Caraway, George, Vladimir, and Aurelian. And
Jane: Let's let's get into it.
Jeff: Let's get into it.
Jane: Okay. I still have to say, I am blown away by Corinne, her signature perfume from the line. That is top of want list right now.
Jeff: Yeah. I mean, we're getting it's it's it's not if, it's when.
Jane: It's a stunning, very cool toned, patchouli, jasmine, gardenia, rose, amber, vetiver. It's I haven't smelled anything like it. And it's Dominique Rhopion, obviously. You have the signature of a true great on it.
Jeff: I think that that is a timeless perfume style as well because it's so it's it's strong in every area that's going with with the nose. It's patchouli, it's vetiver, it's cashmere, and pink pepper, jasmine, rose. So it's floral, it's earthy, it's big, it's bold. It reminds me of something like a Hugo Boss from the mid two thousands or, you know, a lot of like when the designer brands that you would go to like Sephora and go through or you go to a department store and it was just they were loud and creative and they were all signature, you know, they were something you wore. That was the perfume that you wore and it's I love this perfume. It is yeah. I can't wait to to get it.
Jane: It's Is it your favorite from the lineup?
Jeff: Oh, by far. I mean, I I think that's one of the my favorites that I've smelled in the past, like, three, four, five years.
Jane: Now, Chelsea from Beast of Jouvelding was telling us that we were going to love Aurelian, and it was a couple of weeks ago that we tried this. Can you spray it right now so
Jeff: I can remember would say, you spoiler alert, that of the five that we're gonna talk about here, that's probably next for me. Like, I would own this one too. Mainly because it's kind of a shape shifter in that or maybe it's deceptive. I don't know if I'm really phrasing it right because it comes out and it's very orange blossom. It's it's very jasmine and benzoquin. There's patchouli. There's some amber, myrrh. It's all these kind of, like, pleasing
Jane: Damn. That's always good.
Jeff: Is pleasing. The orange blossom is the hero note by far. It goes through it, but it just yeah. It's really I mean, smelling it right now is just so damn good.
Jane: I've been tapping back into Last Dre by Legallion, which has been sort of my signature scent for the last three years, and I've been wearing that a lot. And this is kind of like the deeper, crazier sister to that.
Jeff: Yeah. I would say this is more like if they made Lost Stray in the style that I would wanna perk.
Jane: Yeah. Yeah.
Jeff: That's what it
Jane: would be. That
Jeff: because I love I love Lost Stray, but it's it's for you.
Jane: It's very feminine.
Jeff: Yeah. It's for you.
Jane: This is not overly feminine. This is yeah. Very wear this? Oh, man. That's really good. Actually, okay. I want to wear this out in the world next week because I love I don't think this could top Corinne, but Chelsea's right. This is fucking incredible.
Jeff: Yeah. I I really mean, owning two of those perfumes would certainly not be a crime. Right?
Jane: Not a crime in my books.
Jeff: Yeah. I mean, you're a big fan, and and I I wasn't as in love with some of the other ones that I've tried, but this one is just smelling it right now. It's so good. Again, like, the the orange flower and the jasmine are kind of the hero notes. They are staying there. But as you wear it, and I've worn it a couple times just throughout the day, the patchouli and the kind of more amber, sweeter, resinous notes really start to play in, and they kind of shape shifts throughout it. You'll just all of a sudden, it's no longer that orange flower jasmine perfume that you thought you were wearing. It is really kind of like this really nice dense amber, and then it'll completely reverse back. I
Jane: like that the the incense in it is a very nineties metaphysical shop kind of incense, like unapologetically. You know, it's it's not afraid to to go there and it's gorgeous.
Jeff: Yeah. I mean, you can I can hear the bong bubbling because it it is very much a head shop? I had this Volkswagen Fox 1987. Volkswagen bought it used by 1987. But I love that car.
Jane: People.
Jeff: Totaled. Someone ran a red light and totaled that, my my beloved VW Fox right before I moved to New Orleans. And it had when I bought it from the dealership, it had, like, this incense kind of, like, potpourri bags in the back of it. And you could ask my old friends, and they will still bring it up, but it had this distinctive smell that was just so nice, and that's kind of what it smells like. So, it takes me back to that kind of era, and a little bit of nogchampa in there as well, you know, so it's very, very heady. Kinda like our Mellow Yellow. It's in that vein by Astraphil and Stella.
Jane: Mellow Yellow by Astraphil and Stella. Talk about an under celebrated gem.
Jeff: That is an under celebrated gem. Are the only ones that celebrate that. And it is a gem.
Jane: Never hear anyone else talk
Jeff: about You should buy it immediately.
Jane: We've blown through ours.
Jeff: Yeah. We've gone through a lot. That's it's just a good scent. And this is in there. So now the other one that kind of, I will say, I liked quite a bit was the Carwaii.
Jane: That was actually my least favorite.
Jeff: Oh, well, let's get it let's get it on paper here and see Unless what
Jane: I'm misremembering, which
Jeff: No. I kinda like it.
Jane: Could be the case.
Jeff: It does have a bit of a, to me, like a medicinal side to it.
Jane: Yes. I it's a little NyQuil for me. Osmanthus can, like, get that way for me.
Jeff: Well, to me,
Jane: huge osmanthus person.
Jeff: Tea can be a little
Jane: I know you're averse to tea perfumes.
Jeff: But for some reason, I I don't know. It's like the the rose and the jasmine kinda save it. The cardamom kinda makes it a little sweeter than I would like.
Jane: I I think that, you know, for someone else, this would be a 10 out of 10 perfume. It's just my personal taste. It's not my favorite.
Jeff: Yeah. What one draws your attention?
Jane: Okay. Let's try George next.
Jeff: Okay. George is can you read the notes?
Jane: George is cannabis, Iranian galvanum, violet leaf, jasmine, rose, iris, oak moss, woody notes, earth, and leather. How bad can that be?
Jeff: Yeah. Oh, that's nice.
Jane: That's a that's a strong ass violet leaf. Yeah. And that's another note that I struggle with, but I do feel like you just sprayed this. If I wore this, I think that I would be having a very different experience, you know, ten minutes from now. It doesn't Violet leaf is is strong in this. It's it's very it's almost like I was wearing three Fleurs earlier today.
Jeff: Oh, well.
Jane: And this has some humping Jasmine and Rose, kinda like three Fleurs.
Jeff: I feel like and now three Fleurs by Par Palms Dumpier is something we own, so we love it already. And I feel like this is not what I expected. I don't know if this is the one I like the least. I think Vladimir is the
Jane: one I like the least. George.
Jeff: Yeah.
Jane: But I do love the idea of wearing a perfume just called George. You know how picky I am about names.
Jeff: Yes. I I think I wanted it to be more kind of like mossy and earthy and humid.
Jane: Okay. Let's move on to Vladimir. I think this was your least favorite.
Jeff: Yeah. By far. And we'll find out here. I mean, it's iris, incense, all these reed great. Iris, incense, amber, grapefruit, bergamot, sage, cedar, and geranium. I just kinda didn't really it seems too nice.
Jane: I will say, like, I've smelled maybe 200 perfumes that smell exactly like this. It's good. It's balanced. It's just not offering me anything new. And that's okay. You know, I bet a lot of people who just encounter this brand, this is the one they come away with thinking, that's for me. It smells good. It's just not as interesting.
Jeff: Yeah. It's just
Jane: So Corrine
Jeff: Like I said, it smells nice.
Jane: I mean, now it's like Kar Wai looks very, very nice in comparison. Where is Kar Wai? I'll spend some time with it. I'll I'll try to get over my osmanthus issues because it's, you know, it's still a very good perfume. Yeah. Okay. Corinne, Aurelian, Karwai, George, and Vladimir.
Jeff: Yeah.
Jane: Is our ranking? Do you agree with that?
Jeff: I would say, yeah. I I like it's just kind of like Corinne and Aurelien are Corinne's a must buy. Aurelien is like, if I saw it for a good price tomorrow, I would get it. Like, it's good. Yeah. I really really like it. Don't know if I'd be, you know, just like, we have to get it immediately. Kren is it's just like I said, it's it's not if, it's when. So I would definitely get that. And the other ones, I just don't care enough so I'll with those rankings. Karwai, George, then Vladimir. There's a couple others, like, one that's like Alexander, and there's, like, I think there's one to two others that
Jane: don't We'll make sure we we check those out. Shall we move on to our scents of the week?
Jeff: Please. What are yours?
Jane: Okay. So over the last two weeks, I have been wearing Melody did L'Amour quite a bit. Sometimes by accident because our our perfume cabinet is so dark and it's getting so crowded that I actually wanted to wear a tonka latte one or two times, and I accidentally grabbed Melichita more by accident, which is never, you know, never unwelcome. It's such a beautiful, like, honeyed peach gardenia and tuberose, and it has this jasmine that has this very addictive toasted corn facets to it. It smells a little bit like tortilla chips or like well, it's a little Fritos. It's very delicate. I don't I feel like you could hear that and think, ew, gross. It's very subtle, and it's this side of Jasmine that I love and I don't experience very often. There's not many perfumes that do this. There's one by Regime D'Affleur.
Jeff: Yeah. Gold Leaves,
Jane: which is It has a
Jeff: discontinued Like a corn tortilla Jasmine that Heavy on that.
Jane: Yeah. It's probably the most intense version of that side of Jasmine that I've encountered, and I love it. And this one, it's just Lucita, that's an amazing house.
Jeff: Yeah.
Jane: She never misses ever.
Jeff: She she gets you.
Jane: She does get me. Yeah. Yeah.
Jeff: Yeah. As far as, like, perfumers and houses Absolutely. You love Decida.
Jane: Yeah.
Jeff: I love the bottles too.
Jane: Me too. I mean, I like quite a bit of them, but feel good to use.
Jeff: Yeah. But I feel like she speaks to she speaks to what you're you want out of a perfume
Jane: Totally. A lot
Jeff: of times.
Jane: Totally. Yeah. Yeah. She's a a woman's perfumer, I feel like. Yeah. And like I said, I've been wearing L'Estre by Legallion. If you're listening to this show for the first time, this is a fragrance that I've been wearing pretty regularly, almost as a signature for the last three years. It's a spicy incensey, anilic, white floral, and it is a reformulation of Ava Gardner's signature perfume that they made for her back when she was a face of the house in the fifties. I love Ava Gardner.
Jeff: And if you have listened to this episode, you know, this show from the beginning, then you know that, she wears it a lot.
Jane: Yeah. I actually put it on my bathroom counter so that it's just there whenever I want it. So it's been I've been reaching it for it more often. Also, Vanilla Virtue by paraphrase perfumes. We were talking about this in the last episode. Incredible release.
Jeff: We both. Yeah.
Jane: It's insane. There's so much to discover in it. I feel like it's one of those perfumes where I'm just going to the longer I wear it, the more I'm going to be able to pick out of it, and it's been a really nice bedtime fragrance for me. So it's a little hot to wear it in the daytime right now, but I I can't stop reaching for it. And, also, I got a little bit of a stomach bug last week that our son brought home from daycare. I was feeling pretty nauseous. So last week, I mostly wore cologne sedate by Mattier Premier Mhmm. And in plein air by jouissance.
Jeff: Yeah. Both such good, like, bright, easy wears that feel happy.
Jane: Yeah. Light citrusy. It kinda cut through any feeling of nausea that you have.
Jeff: There's something about that cologne so drop that I don't There's something in it that just makes I don't even know how to describe it. It just makes me so happy, and it it just feels like it just fits. When you put it on, when I wear it, it's just sometimes I'll just put it on and it's like, that's how I want things in life in general to smell. It just is such a good perfume. Or just a good scent. I don't know. I wouldn't even say, like, it's it's not my favorite perfume. It's not a perfume that I think about a lot, but when I wear it, it's just such a good smell.
Jane: And Macier Premier, like, I feel like every time we talk about them, it's a hotly contested house. Yeah. They I will say their formulas are innovative. Are they all good? I don't know. I think if you really like pushing perfumery in a very modern way, they're interesting to look at. I enjoy Cologne Sidra. It has a touch of that kind of synthetic thing that almost all of their scents do. I think it's very good. Like, I think several of their scents are very, very good.
Jeff: And, you know, Aurelien Grachard is such a I mean, we're just talking about like Aurelien by Corinne Ruttfeld. I love Jasmine Fauve by Ex Nahilo, which is his
Jane: One of
Jeff: best for piano. Yeah. Me, aside from Vanilla Vertu, which again, it's like, it's gonna be I know we're only halfway through the year, and we're not people who are running out for new perfumes or, you know, latest releases and things like that. I don't know how anything would that we would try would beat that as far as like our favorite from the year. We'll see. I don't know.
Jane: Yeah. No. It will be interesting to see.
Jeff: I love that perfume so much. But in addition to that, little boring for the most part for me. Sunday Cologne by Byrito, just same type of deal where it's just like it's hot during the day, so I want something that's a little bit colognesque and floral. I've always loved the way that it is so cedary and woody. On some level, there's a little bit of oak moss. There's star anise and cardamom. Those don't really play that much to me, but it has a really nice citrus aspect, a really nice floral aspect, and a really nice, like, oily cedar. And speaking of which, I've been wearing, Radish Bediver by Comme des Garcons, which is a weird perfume to me because it's one that I bought when it was first released in 2019. And they come in these little, cylindrical, like, white they had those Andy Warhol ones. Remember those? Yeah. Those may still be around. Same type of bottle. And they did three of them, and it's part of a series, but the radish better for one was always kind of like curious to me because I love radish and I love vetiver, and I saw that it it well, went away for a while, and then I started seeing it again in the last like six months, and Tracy, our dear Fragraphilia friend, she had tried it and put a little story about it on Instagram, from Invisible Stories, and I sent her a message and I was like, man, you know, I need to try, I'm guessing a new formulation of it or a re release of it to see how it is because it's always been kind of a puzzler to me because it has these, like, oily green cedary facets, but then it almost has, like, this still bog water aquatic side to it. Yeah. Yeah. And it's it's like it doesn't it's it's sharp in the sense that when you bite a radish, it's kind of peppery.
Jane: It has that peppery, watery, starchy thing that a literal radish does.
Jeff: Yeah. But it doesn't, like, if you I mean, because radish isn't the most fragrant vegetable.
Jane: It's pretty fragrant, though.
Jeff: But it's just kind of it's a weird little perfume, but I seeing her talk about it, and I like I said, I messaged with her. I went and I put it on and then I I put it on for, the next two days because it was just like, I remember why I loved it. I remember why I was kind of like, this is a weird perfume, but it's also just kind of it's a fun one. So it was nice to and it fit with the the heat and the mugginess and everything. So it was kind of nice to have something that was like green and and, and sharp that way. And then finally, again, following the thread here of of kind of muggy green perfumes, went with wall well, wall by Aesop, which is just one that we've had for a little while and we've always talked about, and I I just I enjoy it. It's, you know, cypress and woody notes. There's some spices in it. It's a little bit smoky, a little bit vetiver and oakamoss. Just kind of a green, woody, mossy perfume that's an easy wear for me.
Jane: And it smells like $20.16 to me.
Jeff: It does, And I love that. Yeah. Yeah. I wanna, you know You go to I wore it The first time I wore it was after we went to the mall and came back, and it was kinda we walked by Yusop, and they're the only store in this entire mall that will burn incense, you can kinda smell it a few stores down on each direction and it's just It's a nice cut through of when you're going through department stores or other stores that carry perfumes and it's all kind of baccarat y or, you know, kind of aca gala wood and all that kind of stuff, which funny, I didn't know this, radish vetiver has in there, so it's like, I don't know, before I mean, it's obviously been around for a while, but much more understated in in radish vetiver. But that's it. That's what I've been wearing. You wanna get to the game?
Jane: I'd love to.
Jeff: Alright. Let's do it.
Jane: I have just sprayed Jeff his first perfume of the game. What do you think?
Jeff: Right off the bat, it smells a little sweet, but also a little seawater. Like, it has a little bit of, kind of like city, like, when you're in New York and you're walking by the water a
Jane: little
Jeff: bit, it smells a little bit like that. But it's sweet. There's a little bit of floral aspect to it. I don't know why, but there's a little bit of wet dog to it.
Jane: Oh, wait. Let me come over and
Jeff: smell it. Yeah. It it just smells a little a little a little bit like wet dog. I don't know if I
Jane: necessarily like it. Don't get the wet dog of it. It smells like there's a certain Crayola crayon. It's like the dark green one. I can't remember what it was.
Jeff: It there's a little to me, it smells a little purple.
Jane: It's very deep and dank.
Jeff: Yeah. Again, I don't know if I necessarily like it.
Jane: Okay.
Jeff: It's not anything I would necessarily wear. Why don't you can you give me some of the notes?
Jane: Sure. Yeah. It's oak moss, tree moss, olebanum, artemisia, rose, nutmeg, orange blossom, clary sage, myrrh, labdanum, spikenard, and musk.
Jeff: Wow.
Jane: This is an American house?
Jeff: I yeah.
Jane: I'm I'm pretty certain. Let me double check that.
Jeff: It's yeah. It smells very purple y to me. All of those things I would love. I get the labdin on because it does have a little bit of this kind of leathery powderiness to it that's also kind of smoky, but it's getting like, it's starting to lose a little bit of that kind of seawater
Jane: They
Jeff: on concrete smell that I was getting.
Jane: They describe it on the website as a green that's so deep, it's almost black, a bitterness shot through with a radiance that lingers like sunlight in a forest clearing. Is that hitting home to you?
Jeff: No. It's really not. It smells sweet to me.
Jane: I mean, a lot of like ambers can get that way. So this is Absolut de Mousse by Rogue Perfumery.
Jeff: Oh, Yeah. I I guess I mean, I I get the oak moss, and I think this might actually have, like, real oak moss.
Jane: Yeah. I know that they they're like, because they're in America, they can skirt
Jeff: certain
Jane: moss as long as they sell here.
Jeff: And it's starting to temper a little bit. It's starting to
Jane: Yeah. It's a blotter, I should say. Yeah. We are not using an atomizer on this. It's from it's a lucky scent sample. And unfortunately, you just never get the true experience with blotters.
Jeff: Yes. I I've always that's a house that I haven't explored as much as I wanted to.
Jane: I was just going to say, let's get a sample set from them. And please, if you are listening to this and you have any perfumes to recommend from this brand, please tell
Jeff: us. Yeah. Because they have quite a bit, but I always get the sense that the perfumer in the house really focuses on kind of classic composition and, like, old school perfumery. I just expected it to be a little bit more I remember getting that sample. I expected it to be a little bit more, like, almost sheep style where it was, like, big and bold and oak mossy with a little bit of patchouli and really green, but it it seems different to me. I I don't know. Like I said, it's purple.
Jane: This could be the blotter, but I feel like every ingredient is so deep and dark that it's losing a lot of nuance. Yeah. Yeah. But that's, like I said, it's a blotter. Blotters tend to collapse notes that are supposed to be aerated and experienced in a very different way. Yeah. I I knew that going into this, but I need to order new samples.
Jeff: You need that. Yeah. You need when you when you spray on a perfume, you need that ambiance that it creates that kind of, like, in in the the environment that it creates from just the mist that doesn't make it to your wrist or your neck or your chest or wherever you're spraying it, it kind of just goes around you and it fills the air a little bit. And so you don't get that. It's just dead on arrival. Not to be I mean, it's not to be that harsh.
Jane: No. I understand. Yeah. I I agree with that assessment.
Jeff: It's getting better. I will say that. I'm starting to get a little bit more of the oak moss and a little bit more of the green notes. Yeah. I wanna hold off judgment because I know this is one that is considered kind of a pinnacle of the house. I think he's done, like, different versions of it in different concentrations, and I'm very curious to there's a reason why we we ordered it originally because I've always been kinda curious about it. And I love oak moss, but it's not hitting what I want out of that.
Jane: I can't wait to try Jasmine antique.
Jeff: Okay. Well
Jane: We'll we'll get it.
Jeff: Write that down. Get the rogue perfumery sample set and
Jane: We will report back.
Jeff: Yeah. So and and to just double down on what you said. For those that are fans of the house, we would love recommendations, and we will certainly talk about it on here, you know, because we always need content. Alright. I'm gonna spray the first one for you. I have just sprayed Jane's first contestant in the game.
Jane: Goddamn it. This is something that I know and love, and it's something that I know well, and I feel like it's something from a long time ago. Nope. It's not? No. It smells just like something I used to love, and I can't think what it is.
Jeff: That you used to love. So you like it?
Jane: I I love it, but I I know this smell. So I can't wait for you to tell me. It's like it's like an amber, and it has some like, on the outer edges, it has this, like, crisp caramel, brittle crackly finish to it, but it's kind of effervescent. It almost feels like a Maison Francis Kirkjian composition to me.
Jeff: You know, I don't feel that way about it, but there is something now that because put it on a blotter for you. I also put it on your wrist, and in the process of that, got it on my hand so I can smell it on my
Jane: hand Is there a quite a rose?
Jeff: It's a pretty short list. It is iris, sandalwood, tonka, and carrot seeds.
Jane: Man, okay. There's the carrot seeds, I certainly
Jeff: That is a note that you love.
Jane: I I guess I do.
Jeff: Yeah. It's in a lot of your perfumes that you've loved your entire life. You know, when you think of, like, what's our one from Byrito that okay.
Jane: Oh oh oh oh Seven Veils.
Jeff: Seven Veils.
Jane: It's in Misfit by Artiste. But then it's some it's in some perfumes I really hate too, so that's a difficult one. But this smells really beautiful. I love it. There's something, like, very artificial about it to me.
Jeff: Yes.
Jane: Yeah. It's a very much like you can only I'm sure this is like a small indie house, but it's a very like commercial type of smell. Like, this is from the factories of Juvedon, you know. You're not under the illusion that you're experiencing a natural phenomenon here.
Jeff: I think at one time you get iris, you're gonna get kind of a
Jane: It's a yeah. It's a very synthetic weird iris.
Jeff: Like Yeah.
Jane: This is not the rudy, starchy iris that you get in some like a Papillon perfume.
Jeff: I feel like also considering that and I this won't give it away because there's a lot of perfumes with it in the name, but it has iris in the name. And I felt like this was going to be much more iris iris forward than it than it I mean, it's definitely there. It's definitely shaping.
Jane: Is this Iris Malakon? No. Okay.
Jeff: And I think that's Oud Malakon. Are you talking about
Jane: I'm The Iris one from, cut this out. I can't remember the name of the house. That's like cut
Jeff: it out. From who does oud malakon? That is
Jane: Yeah. Yeah. You know what I'm talking about?
Jeff: Yeah. Know what you're talking about. Yeah. Yeah. Okay. Anyway. Yeah. We'll we'll come back to that. Whatever. We don't really have any of their perfumes anyway.
Jane: Yeah.
Jeff: It's I'm really surprised that you like it as much as you do. But now that I'm thinking about it, the carot seed, the iris, the sandalwood, it kinda makes sense, and it smells kind of nice coming from your direction over to mine. It
Jane: smells like almost kind of there's like a almost a tea rose kind of feel
Jeff: to it. Yeah. There's a very that's what it's I think that's what has made me not love it is that it has that kind of like tea perfume essence It to
Jane: has like cabbage patch doll head kind of smell if listeners are familiar with that smell.
Jeff: It's it's that iris meets sandalwood with a little
Jane: bit of the carrot classic. It's got
Jeff: a little bit, like, almost like the cardamom kind of vibe to it. Just so sometimes that can make me a little nauseous, but when I wear it, that's what my experience has been, but smelling it from, like I was saying, your direction of the room coming over, it's like, oh, it's actually there's a lot more to it that I'm enjoying.
Jane: That's a great thing about having a perfume husband is there there are perfumes that, like, I don't want to wear, but I like when you wear. Yeah. So, yeah, maybe this is just one of those.
Jeff: Kind of nice to you get to experience perfume through someone else's.
Jane: You're like my human blotter.
Jeff: Yeah. I'm your human blotter and vice versa. So
Jane: What is this?
Jeff: This is Narcissus Iris by Ophumim.
Jane: So I'm sorry. Go slow down there. Narcissus.
Jeff: Narcissus Iris by Ofumum.
Jane: Oh. Which is Ofumum.
Jeff: Yeah. Gotcha. Our poi porcelain.
Jane: Oh. Damn. They are cooking in there. Yeah. I like what they're doing.
Jeff: You know, we This
Jane: is actually feels a lot like poivre porcelain.
Jeff: It has that dustiness to it, like, that kind of, like, The sweet
Jane: incense. Mhmm. I, man, I love it.
Jeff: And they actually have a third one. I ordered the sample. I talked about this a couple episodes again. I ordered the sample set from France, forgot all about it. It took, like, six weeks to get to me. Shows up, looks like when I used to trade bootleg CDs of, like, live shows and outtakes of bands that I loved in this, like, padded envelope that just, like, was handwritten. There was nothing, like, professional about it. And not saying they're not, but, you know, all the disclaimers, all that kind stuff.
Jane: But it
Jeff: was like, what the hell is
Jane: this? There's remember a small house doing something great.
Jeff: I remember just, like, getting this package and was thinking, like, what the hell? What is I don't even know what this is. Open it up, see it. And the incense one was just broken. So it was like, never even really got to smell that one. And I desperately wanna try that one because I love Pau Pour Salon. You like this one, so I
Jane: like it a lot. I like it as much as Pau Pour Salon.
Jeff: Yeah. Well, well, that's good. Alright.
Jane: They have a new fan. Oh, boom.
Jeff: Alright.
Jane: Let's see if you can find another great deal on this I know.
Jeff: Know. See, the like I mentioned, I think, in the last episode when we're talking about buying it, they had the incense one for the same ridiculously low price that this retailer in New York.
Jane: Done it.
Jeff: I should have blind bought it because it was gone, like, four zero four page. You could it was just like, they were like, oh shit, someone's buying this stuff for a low price and we have to ship it as well, so we're gonna take it off the website. But anyway, good. I'm glad you liked it. That's nice.
Jane: Fantastic. I love it a lot.
Jeff: Alright. I'm ready for my second one.
Jane: I have just sprayed Jeff his second scent of the game.
Jeff: This is kind of fitting in with what I've been wearing. It's kind of green. It's a little watery. There's some floral aspects to it. And there's also kind of woody smokiness to it. So it's kind of I don't know if there's vetiver in it. It seems so light and airy right now, And, yeah, I'm just getting kind of like a stimmy green essence to it. It's not heavy at all. It's really pleasant. It's really nice, easy. It's something I would definitely wear.
Jane: A little juicy, isn't it?
Jeff: A little juicy? Is that like are you giving me a hint?
Jane: No. There's mandarin in it.
Jeff: I'm sorry. I'm just thinking
Jane: of our son. Every time he eats a fruit, he goes kinda juicy.
Jeff: Right? So every time
Jane: I say that, I feel like Henry.
Jeff: It is kinda juicy. But it's not, you know, it's it's I don't know. This is it's not going in any real major direction one way or the other. It's not imposing itself on me.
Jane: I used to own this perfume.
Jeff: Really?
Jane: Yeah. And
Jeff: I'm trying to
Jane: think I of what you wore it, and I was kinda like, I I kinda don't know why I bought it. I guess it's just because I was such a fan of the brand, and it was a new release at the time or
Jeff: When?
Jane: 2009 is when it officially came out.
Jeff: Is this a byredo?
Jane: No. Le Labo?
Jeff: No. Yeah. You never really
Jane: It's a surge.
Jeff: It's a surge. It's so light. I'm starting to get a little bit more of a floral.
Jane: Why I say it's nasty. It's it's noida cellophane. Oh. I mean, they're they're fitting briefs there. I did. Yeah.
Jeff: This is, like, one of the classics that
Jane: I got. If I I I know I wore it, and I know I got down to the bottom of it, but I never, like, developed a real affinity for it. But spelling it now, I appreciate it much more.
Jeff: Yeah. It's very it's it's kind of a little bit like, you know, we've been wearing the Les Releu Jusse quite a bit.
Jane: Oh, yes. You got that for me. That was my Mother's Day present.
Jeff: Yeah. It's it's like that without the interesting bits. It's very, like, there's like a white floral niceness. It's very dewy. It's got some green aspects. It's pleasant. It's nice.
Jane: It's inspired by haute couture as a concept.
Jeff: I mean, to me, that doesn't track. It just seems pleasant. Haute couture to me would be, like, dramatic and, you know, a 100 people putting together a single dress.
Jane: Agree. This kinda doesn't pick a lane in a way that it just misses being anything.
Jeff: And maybe reformulation after reformulation, maybe style it out.
Jane: I have I have the OG when it came out. I don't know. I think this is how
Jeff: it's Everything could be dialed up significantly more.
Jane: I feel like it has, like, kind of that apricotty osmanthus thing. I want, like, more aldehydes or more, like, civet in there to kind of stank it up. It needs something grounding.
Jeff: I feel like so, you know, I'm deaf in one ear, and that means I can't triangulate sound, and also I have tinnitus. So when I'm in environments like a dinner, a big dinner table or a party in a small room or something like that, the noise just all kind of like combines and it's very hard to differentiate between what someone is saying and just the overall of everything. And so eventually, I just quit, you know, it's just like, okay, I'm not gonna I would love to hear what this person is saying, but I can't I can't separate it from all the other noise, so I just don't I just give up and I'll just, you know, leave.
Jane: It's actually really blooming right now and I like it less.
Jeff: It just seemed, it went, to me, it's now, it's getting a little more sopier.
Jane: Yeah, it's it's
Jeff: Yeah, it's more more white
Jane: floral, It's soapy, nondescript, commercial, orange white floral perfume.
Jeff: Yeah. And so I'm trying to differentiate what I'm actually getting from this, and none of it's loud enough or discernible enough that I would be able to, like, care. So it's just like, no, I just don't care.
Jane: Are you done dumping Haterade on this perfume?
Jeff: I'm done. You know, we spend a lot of, time celebrating Serge.
Jane: Oh, yeah.
Jeff: We do. So I'm allowed to, like, hate on one. Yeah. Yeah. So and it's not even a hate, it's just it's pleasant. It's fine.
Jane: I'm so glad I put this in the game because I'm like, let's assess.
Jeff: Yeah. Because I'm always like, I see Serge on pretty good prices around and my instinct is always like, I want every Serge. And it's like, no, I don't want this one. I don't really care. So, bye. Oh, wow.
Jane: My turn.
Jeff: Alright. I have just sprayed Jane's second scent.
Jane: This is nice. Yeah. It's, very earthy. I smell like very strong, like, mineralic soil notes along with, like, some smoky woody notes and then some light florals at the top. Like, is there rose in here?
Jeff: There is no rose.
Jane: Is there fruit? Is there
Jeff: There there are some yeah. There's currant.
Jane: Okay.
Jeff: You're actually, you're on track. It's like, this lady knows her perfumes.
Jane: Okay. Yeah, it's very like this, actually, soil aspect is becoming stronger and stronger and I, as an iron deficient person, I wanna eat it.
Jeff: Well, you you'll yeah.
Jane: Yeah. And, like, is there, like, a you said currant. Is it like a is there like a blackberry leaf? What is that?
Jeff: Oh, that's
Jane: Cassis, I guess.
Jeff: Yeah. That's like currant leaf. Let me just I'll break down the notes for you.
Jane: Yeah.
Jeff: Woody notes, balsam fir, violet, birch leaf, and red currant, mushroom, violet leaf, galvanum, green forest, oak moss, and elm. So you're like, you you you're hitting all that. Well Forest floor.
Jane: But I wanna say, like, sometimes violet leaf, like, you can pick it out right away and that's when it's not working, and the violet and violet leaf in this is blended very well. Yeah. Because it's not upsetting the composition as violet leaf can do. Yeah. I really like this. It would be strange to where in my day to day life, I'm I even though I'm an earth sign, I'm a Capricorn, I don't I'm not a particularly outdoorsy person, but I like it. And I smell the mushroomy soiliness of it, and it's working for me.
Jeff: Yeah.
Jane: What's what's happening here? Who is this?
Jeff: This is a moral map by Clue Perfume Murray.
Jane: Oh, man. They do such a good job.
Jeff: And yeah. It's just
Jane: Good pick.
Jeff: I will always say, like, I remember listening I I believe she was on Perfume Room years ago. And I feel like they're listening to her and the way she would describe her process and how she came into perfumery and which I believe she was part of the wave of, you know, pandemic.
Jane: Pandemic perfumery.
Jeff: You know, she was into perfumery and fragrance and all that stuff beforehand, but then all of a sudden, you're presented with all this downtime and, you know, an opportunity to kind of reevaluate your directions and and passions and things like that in life. Then this is like the art and olfaction classes that a lot of these a lot of newer houses and self taught perfumery perfumers have come from. But just listening to her speak in the past and following the career and the releases of Clue, she just strikes me as someone that was meant to do this. Mhmm. In the same way that's like, and I don't want to get into, like, who's went to perfumery school and things like that. Like, Marissa's just meant to make perfume. Marissa Zappas. Josh, with paraphrase, he's just meant to make perfume. Are the perfumer for sorry, I can't remember her name offhand from La Curie. Just you're meant to make perfume. You have
Jane: A natural sense of balance and rhythm.
Jeff: Connection to how you make these things. I would never have it, you know, not to speak for you, but, you know, we're it's just like you can tell the difference between people who are just like, this is what they're meant to do, and I feel like she's one of them. And, yeah, it's just it's well done. It's it's Really well saying, like, violet leaf's very well blended. The mushroom there's a lot of reasons why you could especially in indie niche perfume right now where it's like, we're gonna take some idea like moral mushrooms, and we're gonna just, like, dial it up and get kinda crazy with it, and it's like, no. You made, like, a you did that, but you also extremely wearable perfume.
Jane: Very wearable, and the dandelion butter, that's another release where I was, like, skeptical of what it on paper.
Jeff: Mhmm.
Jane: But then smelling it in real life, it's like, oh, this is very, very wearable.
Jeff: Yeah. The warm bulb. It's like you smell it and it's like, yeah, it smells like that.
Jane: That might be her greatest accomplishment. Warm bulb is a cool perfume.
Jeff: Yeah. You wear it and it's like, wow, this really works both as a concept and a fragrance, and it's just like, you know, hats off to you because that's really well done.
Jane: Thanks for putting this in the game. Like, I'm I'm glad we circled back to this after all these years.
Jeff: Alright. Well, I guess it's a third one for me. Right?
Jane: Yes. I have just lauded Jeff's final scent of the game.
Jeff: This feels kind of like it feels warm. Like, warm sheets, warm clothes, warm cereal milk. Are you serious?
Jane: Yeah. You're like naming everything.
Jeff: Oh, seriously?
Jane: You're just literally, like, naming everything in the brief.
Jeff: Warm cereal milks in the brief? Okay.
Jane: Really, it's like milk and warm clothes.
Jeff: Oh, It's weird it's
Jane: weird how you just pick that out.
Jeff: Well, it just it fit like, there's an essence of yeah. It's like you've eaten all the cereal, you're at the bottom, there's a little bit of the the milk left, and it's just like you can smell it, but it's also it just feels warm.
Jane: Yeah.
Jeff: I think maybe there's a thing with the blotters tonight where it's like at first I was getting a little bit, wow, this is oily. I can see it on my skin. Where it, at first, I get this kind of like sharp water, like seawater type of thing, but that's gone now. It's nice. It's really it's kind of like even though I'm mentioning these kind of the warmth, it's it's not really in synth. It's it's it's more in vibe. It's it's just feels kinda like it feels there. It's like a skin scent and
Jane: Would you say this is sexy?
Jeff: I wouldn't say it's sexy. Would
Jane: you? Well, would you if I told you that some of the listed notes were salivary notes and bath towel, would that change your mind?
Jeff: I live with a toddler, so it's like, I don't, you know, it's like, I Yeah. Yeah. I mean, those things take on a different tone when you're, like, bathing, you know, a gross kid all the time. I mean, I I don't it doesn't strike me as a sexy perfume necessarily. It doesn't strike me as, like, it it's it's almost something you would wear as a layered perfume, something underneath something else.
Jane: Mhmm.
Jeff: Because that's the way it feels as well. Like, it's under it feels like the warmth under the clothes rather than, like, the clothes or the perfume or anything like that.
Jane: Well, it's interesting that you keep speaking so, like, that this smells like warm clothes because this is literally here's what it says. Skin in a bottle, sultry body zone, vestige of flesh lingering on worn garment, musked laundry powder beneath, and then it has milk in the notes too. So you were just calling out everything.
Jeff: Does it have did you did they say
Jane: So, okay, here's the list of notes. Salivary notes, wheat flour, bath towel, milky veil. What is milky veil? Carrot seed, costus, cumin, and musk.
Jeff: Is this Marlou? Yeah. Oh, wow. Okay. I don't remember this being so subtle though.
Jane: This is dolphor.
Jeff: Oh.
Jane: Because I feel
Jeff: Those notes, I remember those notes. Yeah. But it's like I don't remember it smelling like this.
Jane: I wanna say, like, this is a bladder problem. Really I really would like to spray this because all of them are we have three. Have four? We have four Marlou perfumes, and they are not subtle. They are very, very strong perfumes, all of them.
Jeff: Very. And,
Jane: They're all one sprayers.
Jeff: Also, like, you know, at least two of them are, like, things we wear a lot that we love
Jane: Yeah. And I wore a carniqueur this week, and it's like, this is, like, heartbreakingly beautiful.
Jeff: Ambelux is amazing. Poutotra, what's the leathery horse one? Corporal Corporal
Jane: Corporal Corporal I
Jeff: mean, we love we haven't the two that have been released since then,
Jane: we just Heliodos and this one, which is Dulla four. We don't have Heliodose and Dulla four, and I liked Dulla four the best, but it's been a long time since we smelled it. So I thought I would bring it into the game tonight to assess.
Jeff: It's it's it's nice. It's not anything that I I think I wear perfume because I wanna smell it and also I want it to project a little bit. I'm not looking for compliments. I'm not looking to impress anybody, but I like the performance of it. I like the I like being someone who wears perfume and I feel like this is so subtle that it's like, it's not anything I would wear. I appreciate it, but it's not, I'm gonna wear, I mean, I'm probably not gonna wear Ambelux, like, to go to the grocery, although I'm sure I have. I don't know that I'm wearing Ambelux if I'm going out on the town.
Jane: Let's try it. We've got two two nights out coming up.
Jeff: We wear them up to grandma and We've put significant events into carniqueur and and Ambalux over the years.
Jane: Every
Jeff: single I mean, we're early adopters. We've been wearing Ambalux and carniqueur since,
Jane: like came out.
Jeff: '20, yeah, 2018, 2019. So, it's, yeah, it's subtle. It's nice, I mean, it's I'm happy that I could call out all those notes.
Jane: Me too, that was very impressive. You
Jeff: I have my days. Alright. Your final one. I have sprayed Jane her final perfume of the game.
Jane: I'm thinking, I just want to say at the top, my nose is tired at this point. There's a lot of smells in this room. This is good. My nose might be a little too tired to appreciate it, but this smells like a woody rose with again, there's, like, kind of some soily notes. It reminds me a little bit of Rose Oo by Aesop, which which is something that has become kind of a reference point for me for earthy roses. Is there rose am I just hallucinating There's no rose.
Jeff: And everything? I'm hallucinating roses every and come back in and smell. I would take that into another room right now. Yeah. I entertain the audience with these aspects. I will go ahead and actually tell you you know what? I'm not gonna tell you the notes, but because I want you to get a fair assessment before yeah. You getting it now? Sorry. She's walked literally, like, 14 feet away from the that's a weird number. 14.
Jane: This is very different when I walked out of this room. Clearly, there's, like, some overpowering rose note in this perfume because when I walked into our stairway over here, it's just like musky skin scent.
Jeff: Much closer along. Yeah. So the notes are sandalwood, cedar, cypress, and coriander.
Jane: Okay. Yeah. That makes sense. That's crazy. This room, you could not accurately assess anything. But I I would say I like it, and it feels a little bit akin to Dullafor, a little bit in that same vein of, like, warm skin scents. I I just again, like, now that I'm back in this room, I can't accurately assess it. It just smells like
Jeff: Cancel the show.
Jane: Yeah. Sorry. Anyway, I I think I like this a lot. I I think I do. I feel like given given fair opportunity, I would I would jive with this.
Jeff: Yeah. I think it's a it here's my thoughts. I think it is a good perfume. It's a very kind of like mid two thousand tens, late two thousands sandalwood. It's very pleasing. It's very nice. It's pre, Santal '33, I believe. So, well, no. It's around that time. But it's kind of in that, like, hey, here's a sandalwood perfume. It's woody. You got a little spice to it, a little greenness to it. It's not like what we think of as sandalwood. You know, so much sandalwood now is so Yes. Like
Jane: In your face.
Jeff: Yeah. It's in kind of like creamy, and this is more woody, but it's not as exciting as I would hope it would be.
Jane: You know what's ruining everything in here? Noida Cellophane. It's everywhere.
Jeff: Yeah. I'm getting a little of that Yeah.
Jane: It's giving me a headache.
Jeff: I will say that smelling on my wrist now, going back to the rogue perfumery one
Jane: Yes.
Jeff: Smells a lot better. Oh, smells so much better. You're getting a lot more of that oak moss in the way that it's it's a little bit down here. It's it's so much better. Would love yeah, I want to because get the best sprayer of it is now I'm getting somewhere with it. It smells so much better. Okay, so this is Tam Dao by Dipti.
Jane: Oh, God. Okay. Thank you. I actually haven't spent any time with this. We were given a sample when I bought my Fleurs de Peau hair perfume. By the way, I didn't really want to buy Fleurs de Peau hair perfume. I wanted to buy Orphione, which is something I jive more with, but they didn't have any, and we were having a nice conversation with the sales assistant. I'm like, yeah, whatever. I'll just buy Fleurs du Peau. Yes. And it's pretty pretty good.
Jeff: I like it. I like it as a hair perfume better than I like it as a perfume perfume because I think the perfume perfume goes so aldehytic.
Jane: It does.
Jeff: That that is one of the aldehyde heavy perfumes that
Jane: Are you talking about you're talking about Orpheon? Orpheon's the aldehyde.
Jeff: Is it? No. I'm talking about fleur de depot as well. Like, it has some kind of, like, aldehydes in it that when I wear the perfume, some days it gives me a migraines, some days it doesn't. Some days I love it, some days it's like, holy shit, this is giving me a headache. But the hair perfume, you've worn it a few times now. Yeah. It's just nice.
Jane: And it's very like glossy AU. Something you encounter a lot in modern perfumery, it's like, you know what, it's good.
Jeff: It works. But Tam Dao is yeah, you know, I see it a lot. It's a good perfume. Is it something I would want? Nah.
Jane: I'm a huge Diptyque fan.
Jeff: We Yes. Love Diptyque.
Jane: I've tried Tam Dao a number of times. It's never jumped out at me, but maybe I'll spend some time and wear this and and see what I think.
Jeff: Yeah. Give it a go because it is it is one of those that's kind of like, I feel like I should like it more than I do. It feels like And I revisit it.
Jane: Like it more than Tempo. Like, I hear more about Tam Dao than I do about Tempo, which is like what are you talking about? Tempo is like a masterpiece.
Jeff: Tempo is a patchouli hero. I mean, it is like a top extreme. Yeah. Yeah. If you like patchouli and you don't have tempo or you're not familiar with it, get go now. Order it. Not don't blind by it, but get a sample of tempo and, you know, yeah, you're cooking with gas.
Jane: We've gone way off script on this last game piece. We've talked about everything under the sun. Okay. But I have to say, my favorite pick of the night is the Ophumim one that you sprayed me. Remind me the name Iris.
Jeff: Narcisse Iris.
Jane: Narcisse Iris. Yeah. And that's kicking here. It's actually very, very strong, and I love that. I need it. I think I'm coming back to what is it? Mousse de Absolut or Absolut mousse?
Jeff: Yeah. Whatever it is.
Jane: Absolut de mousse. Sorry. Absolut mousse by Roe yeah. It's beautiful. I went over and smelled it. It's completely different.
Jeff: Yeah, it's my kind of perfume.
Jane: Let's spray it up
Jeff: now so we can I think that's gonna be my favorite?
Jane: Good. I'm so glad. I was really, like, I put it in the game with high hopes, and I'm glad it paid off in the end.
Jeff: Yeah. I remember even sampling when we first got it, and we're like, it's not really hitting, but again
Jane: These blotters that are killing
Jeff: that kill you.
Jane: Yeah.
Jeff: Alright. Well, thank you all for sitting through another one, and we'll talk to you next time. Alright.
Jane: Give give us any recommendations with Rogue Perfumer because we're still going to order that sample set. Alright. Bye, guys.
Jeff: Bye.