You may not feel ready to experience heaven or hell quite yet but Undeceptions listeners certainly had a lot of questions about it! In this season’s Q&A episode, John Dickson attempts to answer at least some of the questions you’ve thrown at us this year.
This episode is brought to you by Zondervan Academic’s How NOT to read the Bible by Dan Kimball
- What Dreams May Come trailer
- The Good Place, TV show: how points are scored in life
- The Rebel, by Albert Camus
- Is the punishment of Hell proportional to our acts on Earth?
- Are there levels of Heaven?
- Why do we know so little about Heaven?
- What are we to think of God who is always present, even in the face of evil and abuse?
- Why is it considered Good News, if so many who don’t believe will end up in Hell?
- Do we lose our free will in heaven?
- Are demons real?
- Should Christians eat meat?
- Is there any benefit in reading the Apocrypha?
- Even if I believed in God, why would I believe in the Christian God? What makes Jesus so special as opposed to, say, Islam?
- Has the modern church tried to white-wash Jesus?
- Is the church trying too hard in its attempts to persuade same-sex attracted church people to live holy lives rather than relying on God and the power of the gospel?
- What should we do about the health, wealth and prosperity gospel?
- David Bentley Hart’s translation of the New Testament
- A review of Bentley Hart’s translation in The Atlantic.
- More about Universalism.
- How Universalism, ‘the Opiate of the Theologians,’ Went Mainstream, Christianity Today.
What is Undeceptions with John Dickson?
Every week on Undeceptions we’ll explore some aspect of life, faith, history, culture, or ethics that is either much misunderstood or mostly forgotten. With the help of people who know what they’re talking about, we’ll be trying to ‘undeceive ourselves’ and let the truth ‘out’.