We humans do a pretty good job of dividing up ownership of the world.
But what about beyond that? Who owns space? Who decides who owns that, and why does it matter?
It's time for the final part of our 3-part mini-series on "Who Owns The Sea, Sky, and Space?"
Full transcript, key vocabulary, and bonus episodes available on www.leonardoenglish.com
- Why nobody used to even think about space ownership
- The Cold War (and what people thought it meant for weapons in space)
- The Space Treaty (and what its real intention was)
- Where does space start?
- What happens if a shuttle crashes when in space?
- Why you can't really buy a piece of the moon
Key vocabulary: Customary, Captivated, Realm, Supernatural, Implausible, Into orbit, Realms of possibility, Logical, Implied, Figurative, Catchy, Side note, Ban, Vice versa, Loose, Demarcation, Provision, Mine, Proliferation, Framework, Untapped, Sovereign territory, Interpreted, Set up, Grab yourself, Holding up, Plough, Lunar, Tycoon, Congested, Thorny
- Join the Learn English with Podcasts community: www.facebook.com/groups/learnenglishwithpodcasts
What is English Learning for Curious Minds?
Are you looking for a more interesting way to to learn English?
English Learning for Curious Minds is where you can learn English from native speakers while learning fascinating things about the world.
Every episode comes with a transcript & key vocabulary and is spoken at a speed you can understand.
Join listeners from 155 countries and discover the most interesting way to improve your English while expanding your mind.
Find the bonus episodes, transcripts, key vocabulary, and learning materials at www.leonardoenglish.com