You need to price your software on two pillars: who you're selling to, and your value metric.
I'm building a new SaaS in 2018 with my buddy Jon Buda called Transistor.fm. Now, we're trying to figure out our pricing. We're trying not to pretend we know everything there is to know about running a SaaS.
So, we wanted to reach out to some experts and get outside opinions about how to create our pricing tiers. So I asked Patrick Campbell, from Price Intelligently, to help give us some direction. He blew my mind. This conversation is incredible, you're going to get so much out of it.
- Want to validate your product idea? Productvalidationchecklist.com is launching soon.
- Now is your last chance to get Marketing for Developers. Use the the code "summer2018" and get $50 off. In July, I'm taking it off my store so I can relaunch it in October. (If you buy now, you get future updates).
- Jon and I discussed pricing on Build Your SaaS
- Patrick Campbell on Twitter: @patticus
- Patrick's free pricing software for SaaS: profitwell.com
- Price Intelligently's book
Stuff from Justin...
- My new startup: Transistor.fm
- Startup announcement
- How do you validate your idea? megamaker.co/validate
- Join Justin's newsletter justinjackson.ca/newsletter
- Send Justin a message on Twitter: @mijustin
- Send Justin a message on Instagram: instagram.com/mijustin
- Send Justin a message on Snapchat: @mijustin
- Podcast hosting: Transistor.fm
What is Product People?
A podcast focused on great products and the people who make them