In 2019 Daniel Vassallo left his $500k cushty job at Amazon to go Indie. In the 2 years since he left Daniel has started to build a portfolio of small bets, something he's become known for, making $570k in the process. In this episode we talk about why he's bullish on small bets, how Daniel is designing his life and how to grow your twitter audience.
➡️ Get the uncut, 80 minute recording with Daniel on the Indie Feast membership here.
What we covered in this episode:
- Leaving a $500k job at Amazon to go Indie
- The trap of judging your life based on financial value
- Why the initial focusing on one product didn't work out for Daniel
- Where the small bets mindset originated
- How to deal with context switching with small bets
- Dealing with an uncertain income
- Why info products work well for a small bets strategy
- How book publishers work and how we can apply their methods
- The importance of the "small" in small bets
- How you can build a twitter audience like Daniel
- Why Daniel started making wooden cutting boards
- How he made $2,600 from one tweet
For the longest time, website analytics software was seriously bad. It was hard to understand, time-consuming to use, and worse, it exploited visitor data for big tech to profit. I've spent countless hours in Google Analytics dashboards trying to figure even out the most basic metrics.
What is Indie Bites?
Short, bite-sized conversations with indie hackers that have started small, profitable and bootstrapped businesses. You'll learn how they come up with ideas, what they do to validate, find those first customers and make a sustainable income.